+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 210 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    When the incisions are made in the recipient area do they kill the dormant cells making it impossible to revive them with a technique like Replicel's?
    probably... those incisions DO damage existing follicles in that area so it's possible that they're now gone forever.

Anyone who is currently considering a hair transplant is an idiot. A cure, or at least a far superior treatments are right around the corner. Can't you just wait a few more years and save that money for those new treatments instead?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    probably... those incisions DO damage existing follicles in that area so it's possible that they're now gone forever.

Anyone who is currently considering a hair transplant is an idiot. A cure, or at least a far superior treatments are right around the corner. Can't you just wait a few more years and save that money for those new treatments instead?
    Well, it depends on how old you are, and there is no gaurentee yet a new treatment will be out.

If you are 34 - 4-5 years may seem like a long time. Whereas if you are 26, its a entirely different story. Better to go for a HT now.

Calling someone an idiot, while answering my question with pure uneducated speculation is ironic. I'm not concerned with some jack wad on the internet telling me the incisions do damage, that’s obvious. What I want to know from someone who knows what they're talking about, like Replicel, is how exactly this mechanism works in terms of reviving or creating new follicles. If the injected cells can recruit epithelial cells to become follicles or repair dormant follicles if they are in fact destroyed by the incisions then there would be no adverse effects from having a hair transplant before this treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Calling someone an idiot, while answering my question with pure uneducated speculation is ironic. I'm not concerned with some jack wad on the internet telling me the incisions do damage, that’s obvious. What I want to know from someone who knows what they're talking about, like Replicel, is how exactly this mechanism works in terms of reviving or creating new follicles. If the injected cells can recruit epithelial cells to become follicles or repair dormant follicles if they are in fact destroyed by the incisions then there would be no adverse effects from having a hair transplant before this treatment.
    This is a question that i'm very interested in as well. I'm in the beginning stages of balding somewhere between NW 2-3, 40yrs old with no vertex balding. my hair on top is very thick. I could probably get a transplant in zone 1 and 2 and be relatively good for quite some time. It would probably hold me over until the next generation of treatments are available. But, i'm worried with how the transplants will affect future treatments. Also worried about dumping tons of money on a transplant and then if something new comes out not being able to afford it. and there is always the concern with shock loss and having a poor result - it's pretty much a crap shoot from what i can tell. Another Problem is, who knows when the next generation of treatments will be out, or even if they'll ever come out? My hair is looking more crappy every day andSoon my zone 1 and 2 areas are going to be gone. So what to do?

I can't see replicel having anything before 2015...no way. Histogen looks way off, but who knows how much clinical data they need to release in Asian market. Follica is the only wild card...I know for a fact that theyve been in phase II for a while, but don't know if they've completed it or have moved on or scrapped the whole thing altogether. it'd be nice if one piece of the puzzle would fall into place ... and help make planning for the future a little easier

Anyone else get crazy excited when replicel sends you a new email ahah

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    This is a question that i'm very interested in as well. I'm in the beginning stages of balding somewhere between NW 2-3, 40yrs old with no vertex balding. my hair on top is very thick. I could probably get a transplant in zone 1 and 2 and be relatively good for quite some time. It would probably hold me over until the next generation of treatments are available. But, i'm worried with how the transplants will affect future treatments. Also worried about dumping tons of money on a transplant and then if something new comes out not being able to afford it. and there is always the concern with shock loss and having a poor result - it's pretty much a crap shoot from what i can tell. Another Problem is, who knows when the next generation of treatments will be out, or even if they'll ever come out? My hair is looking more crappy every day andSoon my zone 1 and 2 areas are going to be gone. So what to do?

I can't see replicel having anything before 2015...no way. Histogen looks way off, but who knows how much clinical data they need to release in Asian market. Follica is the only wild card...I know for a fact that theyve been in phase II for a while, but don't know if they've completed it or have moved on or scrapped the whole thing altogether. it'd be nice if one piece of the puzzle would fall into place ... and help make planning for the future a little easier
    I completely understand. I believe that something is coming, but I think the earliest we can expect anything is 2016 and I don't want to feel the way I do for another 4 years. I'm not concerned about the money aspect as the future treatments are quite far away, I'm just really concerned with whether or not a transplant could eliminate the possibility of this working. I don't think anyone really knows right now for sure, not even Replicel, but I think I’ll email them and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Anyone else get crazy excited when replicel sends you a new email ahah
    Yeah man, I always do too. Just waiting for the email that says "We cured hairloss"

why don't you expect anything from Histogen? Their Phase 2 will end in December of this year. If it is successful then they will move on to Phase 3.
    If everything goes well, I'm sure they could release their treatment even before 2015.
    They themselves said that it will be available BEFORE 2015 in certain asian countries....

Is histogen similar to replicel? not quite sure how that treatment works??

why don't you expect anything from Histogen? Their Phase 2 will end in December of this year. If it is successful then they will move on to Phase 3.
    If everything goes well, I'm sure they could release their treatment even before 2015.
    They themselves said that it will be available BEFORE 2015 in certain asian countries....
    It's not that i don't expect anything from them...I do believe they have a viable treatment. However, they've been encountering all kinds of delays. I believe their current study was supposed to have (according to their original plans) begun quite some time ago. According to the info you provided in the other thread (thanks!) they've started, which is good but, the study has a two year endpoint. That puts them into 2014; And that's for a phase I/II. I'm unclear why it's designated I/II instead of just a II. What are the implications of that in terms of future studies? Will they need another phase II? Do they need a phase III? There are a lot of questions that need to be answered.

Also, there has been some activity from them which i found a little perplexing...mainly with the satellite studies they were planning to do and share with the forum community. Those studies just disappeared (as did Dr Ziering) under some pretty flimsy excuses. Not saying that it indicative of any foul play on their part, but, certainly isn't confidence inspiring.

It would be amazing if they could wrap this phase I/II up and introduce it in Asian markets. But, i think that's a bit of a long shot.