Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mojo Risin
    • Mar 2011

I'm starting to believe there won't be a cure in my lifetime (I'm in my 20s).

I'll have to change my avatar of Troll Cotsarelis for Troll David Hall.

Comment

• lpenergy
      • Mar 2012

Okay, if they don't release the results over the weekend (and they probably won't), they will be released either Monday morning prior to the market open or after the market closes. Based upon the retraction, the stock could sell off heavily first thing in the morning.

If the results are actually decent, they have a moral obligation to release it over the weekend or in the morning pre-open, otherwise the shares could plummet in the AM, and then shoot back up again Tuesday. In order to avoid this, Replicel should disclose results pre-open. This would cut down on needless volatility.

Comment

• ccmethinning
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by lpenergy
        Okay, if they don't release the results over the weekend (and they probably won't), they will be released either Monday morning prior to the market open or after the market closes. Based upon the retraction, the stock could sell off heavily first thing in the morning.

If the results are actually decent, they have a moral obligation to release it over the weekend or in the morning pre-open, otherwise the shares could plummet in the AM, and then shoot back up again Tuesday. In order to avoid this, Replicel should disclose results pre-open. This would cut down on needless volatility.
        I agree. I smell a class action lawsuit if they **** this up more than they already have so far.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Mojo Risin
          I'm starting to believe there won't be a cure in my lifetime (I'm in my 20s).

I'll have to change my avatar of Troll Cotsarelis for Troll David Hall.
          Of course there will....Give it another 5-10 years. And if there isnt a cure by then, just give it another 5-10. But just in case there still isnt one, just give it another 5-10 years..................

Comment

• alanrudy
            • Feb 2012

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but the treatment has already proven safe, so it seems they will continue with their phases, and hopefully they have at least some results in some patients to be able to work with for the next phase. I'm a little confused in what I'm gathering from you all, is it that they haven't shown results yet or is it that there are no good results?

Comment

• sausage
              • Jan 2012

Does not look good.

Oh well, Monday to be sure.

We are all going to be bald forever!

Comment

• Horseshoe
                • Dec 2011

Replicel has misled us.

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
                Of course there will....Give it another 5-10 years. And if there isnt a cure by then, just give it another 5-10. But just in case there still isnt one, just give it another 5-10 years..................
                It's always 5 more years. I'm really bummed over this distressing news. I reallly thought this was the cure we hair loss sufferers were waiting for.

Comment

• alanrudy
                  • Feb 2012

Think I will do micro pigmentation then. Well, there's still hoping for Histogen. Based on that before/after pic I saw, they should be able to develop a product within 5 years just from that. Even if it proves not effective for everyone, it should be a product if it has a chance of working that well.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                    • Feb 2011

What's really sickening is that all over the world, stem cells are being used all over the world to treat and cure various diseases RIGHT NOW, yet for hair loss, it seems like we're stuck with these companies being bogged down in extensive clinical trials and by the time that these companies are done with these clinical trials, we're all gonna be old men and will have lost precious years of our lives due to this hair loss disease. And these other stem cell treatments (to do such things as repair heart tissue and heal skin from burns) are performed by doctors in hospitals right now, not developed and attempted to be sold at a cost by commercial companies. Most doctors it seems won't perform these specialized stem cell treatments for hair loss probably because they see it as simply a "cosmetic issue", which is such a pile of horseshit. Hair loss is a disease that drastically and negatively affects nearly every aspect of the sufferer's life, and it really should be treated as such. What I wish would happen (and I'd bet it might) is that a doctor outside of the Western world will use some type of stem cell treatment that is very non-invasive, simpler than how complex we're lead to believe the process of hair loss actually is, and will grow a helluva lot more hair than the pathetic current treatments like the so-called Big 3. I've actually e-mailed several doctors outside the Western world about this; doctors that I've seen treat and somewhat cure diseases a hell of a lot more complicated than hair loss. I don't know, I just refuse to accept living with this hair loss and I will do everything I can to fight it. And I'm not just gonna sit back and wait years upon years while these companies plod through clinical trials only to have a viable treatment or cure for hair loss in 10 years. Sorry about ranting guys, but this hair loss disease is really something that we should have much better options for TODAY, and not 5-10 years from now. VictimOfDHT, I know you've echoed some of these sentiments in the past, and watch bro, I'm gonna have the same people on here on my tail arguing with me to death over this in literally a few hours!

Comment

• re22
                      • Nov 2011

Where is all of this "Replicel is doomed" hoopla coming from? The last I checked they haven't even released their results, and there are about a million equivocal reasons for why that might be. I've never seen a group of people jump to conclusions as aggressively as this forum does.

Comment

• re22
                        • Nov 2011

What? I haven't stated my opinion either way. I just want to see evidence for why people are saying what they say instead of the same nonsensical conjecture that gets spouted off on here.

Comment

• notgoingout
                          • Aug 2011

Absolutely agree with re22. Looking at the wording of the retraction it seems to me that Replicel has had its wrists slapped, probably by corporate lawyers, for allowing over-zealous stock promoters to raise wild expectations about the potential value of stock.

Now, the product might turn out to be a load of apple sauce, but we don't know yet. I think I remember Craig Zeiring suggesting he likes to 'under-promise and over-perform' in the context of Histogen. I think Replicel's stock promoters have been doing exactly the opposite and Replicel are having to wind their necks in a bit.

Whilst a healthy cynicism may be appropraite, this wild swaying of emotions is not doing anyone any good. As we keep saying in the UK: for the time being "keep calm and carry on".

Comment

• re22
                            • Nov 2011

From what I'm gathering, some clown on another forum is going on about how he proved Replicel won't work because he found some journal article that contradicts their model. That happens in every facet of science, there are people out there who have published articles that, according to them, refute modern theories of gravity. Experimentation is part of the scientific method for a reason.

Comment

• Johny.track131
                              • Feb 2012

Let's not fight about what the hell will happen with replicel, none of us know anything for sure, and we each have our own theories, osme of us are opitmistic, some arent, but in the end, optimism is relative to each person so while some will get dissapointed badly if replicel fails badly, some wont be moved at all. And the same will happen vice versa. And the thing is, many many studies are happening now and many new solutions and things that we just havent tried. I mean let's imagine a person taking toco, curc, resv, saw palmetto, caster oil, emu oil, nizoral, and hopefully some of the new PGD2 agonists like the one with the weird name i posted in this section. A damn combo like that should stop your hairloss with no sides as far as i know. And some of these promote regrowth. And best of all, (at least i think this is true) but most of these are cheap right? And yes, im sure you're all screaming "Wives tale" at most of the list i put, but if each one of these works with some peopel, then surely together, at least one will work someway (oh and ofcourse they're all GREAT for your general health )

Comment

• neversaynever
                                • Dec 2011

Well its obvious now they haven't found the cure.

Question is, did they get 0 results or 'some' regrowth / new growth.

I'm starting to wish I was a mouse! But I'm not waiting around. Booked in with Gho for may (hope it bloody works!)

Comment

Working...