+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 210 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Thumbs up

Great Hairline HT doctors will still be needed when Replicel starts the treatment. Especially king of hairlines Dr. Rahal because it would be so hard to design a hairline with the injections they have. If Replicel works then definitely HT surgeons will lose some of the business but for sure they will be needed for hairlines, atleast the first inch. FUE will then replace Strip for good.

Quote Originally Posted by NAS View Post
    Great Hairline HT doctors will still be needed when Replicel starts the treatment. Especially king of hairlines Dr. Rahal because it would be so hard to design a hairline with the injections they have. If Replicel works then definitely HT surgeons will lose some of the business but for sure they will be needed for hairlines, atleast the first inch. FUE will then replace Strip for good.
    ****ing strip. So barbaric. Let's literally take a strip of skin out of the back of this guy's head, then harvest the hair from it. Bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    ****ing strip. So barbaric. Let's literally take a strip of skin out of the back of this guy's head, then harvest the hair from it. Bollocks.
    I couldn't agree with you more, clandestine. And the fact that doctors still consider strip hair transplantation the gold standard of hair restoration is just downright sad, and really goes to show that we need much better options to fight hair loss. It's no wonder that the statistics show that less than 10% of people suffering from hair loss seek treatment, and even less opt for hair transplantation. One of the main issues that I have with hair transplantation is the permanent head scarring. Although people will say that the scarring is covered up the native hair, "a scar is still a scar" and that scar will be with a person for the rest of their life. I was talking to my friend late last night (waiting to sober up so I could drive home, haha) for almost 3 hours and a lot of what we talked about was how people change and how things that are important to a person now, may not be important to a person 5 or 10 years from now. He was a long-haired rocker when he was my age, but as he grew older, he couldn't care less about having a bouffant of hair and fitting in with the rock n roll lifestyle. So that made me think that maybe there will be a day when I will just be content shaving my long hair, looking like a big bad-ass (I've always been a big guy), and will not worry about constantly taking Propecia (which is causing me side effects). But if I ever got a hair transplant, those thoughts would be ruined since I would need to worry about covering up a scar on the back of my head for the rest of my life. Poor Clandestine, you posted one simple and accurate comment, and I respond by "talking your ear off" with my long-winded dissertation! Haha....
    One last thing, I was actually at the club last night and I saw a couple of guys sitting at a table not far from me. They had shaved heads yet they still had girlfriends and looked very good. One of them actually looked like one of my favorite UFC fighters so I actually went up to him and said "dude, I'm not gay or anything and I love women (haha) but would you mind if I took a photo of you with my cell phone since you look just like one of my favorite UFC fighters". Haha, he and his friends got a good laugh out of it and I took the pic. So I texted that photo to my friends with the caption "the clone of Shane Carwin". But I had another reason for taking that photo. I thought to myself: here is a normal guy (not famous like Jason Statham) with a shaved head who still is in the company of an attractive women and is very confident about himself. That photo will serve as a reminder to me that if there comes a time where I actually do shave my head, I will know that I can still get women and still be confident, just like this guy was last night.
    Wow, did I get off on a tangent or what!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAS View Post
    Actually, I'm not even so sure that hairline HT doctors would be needed at all. If Replicel's technology does what it's supposed to do, then it will not only create new follicles, but revive dormant ones as well. So the follicles that are dormant where our old hair lines used to be will simply be revived; the hair follicles that used to be there will start producing hair once again. So hopefully the follicles that used to comprise our old hairlines will be woken up and will start producing hair again.

All speculation until we see the delivery mechanism.

That 'perfect' hairline will still be sought though, so I'm sure HT's will be around for awhile.

Plus HT's will decrease in cost also.

Just found this with all the information about Replicel. Some of it i´ve never seen discussed here before.

http://nbtequitiesresearch.com/sites...NCE_REPORT.pdf

very interesting paper!

Revenue is generated in two streams:
    1. Assumed annual license fee of $20,000 to each RepliCel licensed clinician performing the procedure.
    2. Per-patient fee of $15,000 for the replication of each patient’s cells.
    does that mean that Replicel's procedure will cost > $15K?

also:

By the year 2018, it is estimated that there will be 48 practitioners
    performing the procedure equating to over $580 million in patient fees alone and approximately $1
    million per year in licensing fees.
    if the procedure was released in 2015, would it really take them THREE years to push this into the market?

and lastly:

This report may be a paid advertisement and is neither an offer nor recommendation to buy or sell any security

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    very interesting paper!

does that mean that Replicel's procedure will cost > $15K?

also:

if the procedure was released in 2015, would it really take them THREE years to push this into the market?

and lastly:

my opinion is:

that if works will come out for 2015-16. they say by 2018 will be tot. doctorswho practice...

the key point as always is that freaking IF WORKING. lol

David hall even said by 2015 it will be on market.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    David hall even said by 2015 it will be on market.
    Cotsarelis said in 2007 that in 5 years, there was gonna be a cure.

Don't be stupid.