+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 210 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by 57mph View Post
    I know what's been posted!

I've been keeping a close eye on Replicel, they have previously said results to be annouunced end of March 2012 and now it's middle of April 2012 for results, that's a delay.

I'm with all you guys wishing this to come to fruition i really do, really really do.

...just thinking why another 3 or 4 weeks? ...and so, then, in 3 or 4 weeks, we're in May.

Come on Replicel, shake the World up!

and one more point, if this treatment was to produce amazing results and was available tomorrow, who really has the money to get it done, on this forum who out there has a stash of cash waiting to get this done, really?
    Some guys will need another few years to get the finance together, so in a way creating their own delay.
    My credit union does unsecured personal loans up to 10k with little requirements. I could probably scrap together the rest from my bank accounts, that is based on a 15k price.

I know what's been posted!

I've been keeping a close eye on Replicel, they have previously said results to be annouunced end of March 2012 and now it's middle of April 2012 for results, that's a delay.

I'm with all you guys wishing this to come to fruition i really do, really really do.

...just thinking why another 3 or 4 weeks? ...and so, then, in 3 or 4 weeks, we're in May.

Come on Replicel, shake the World up!

and one more point, if this treatment was to produce amazing results and was available tomorrow, who really has the money to get it done, on this forum who out there has a stash of cash waiting to get this done, really?
    Some guys will need another few years to get the finance together, so in a way creating their own delay.
    I don't think results can just be thrown out there, as much as myself or the rest of the board would like. In their Feb 6 press briefing, they said they were on track for an April release. If there was any delay, it seems that there could have been an issues with getting the last two stragglers injected at the beginning.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/RepliC...83735.html?x=0

Also, somehow they lost 1 of the participants, as they initially planned on testing 20 people, then it got dropped to 19.

At the end of the day, a company needs to articulate and knowledgeable as much as possible about their result findings. Assuming it will be positive, this will be their day in the sun, and they don't want to come across as incompetent and saying stuff like "We don't know how, don't know why, but somehow it seemed to work and regrew hair."

By the way, did anyone notice that during that prior to mid-March, some of Replicel's scientist were available for Q&A stuff on their Facebook site. I could be wrong, but I believe that they went quiet so to speak once they got the initial results in their hands, and I am sure are working around the clock analyzing them, so they will probably not be very available up until the study release date.

Depends how much it is.

Some prices being banded around on here are crazy.

For what should be a one-off 30 minute treatment £10,000 - £20,000 is extortionate. (I think it would be a one-off treatment)?

If something came on the market tomorrow...a one-off, safe, easy treatment that guaranteed a full head of hair for the rest of my life I would throw all my money on it if thats what it cost, but I don't think Replicel will be able to offer that at any point?

I think like most things the price will be higher initially and then will come down over time, but I can't see it being much over the $10,000 price point. If it gets much higher than that it is going to significantly reduce their market exposure. Everyone likes to say they would pay anything for a treatment, but you can't pay want you don't have, its just not possible. Especially with today's financial uncertainty and difficulty securing any type of financing it is going to be hard for most people to pay much over $10,000 for this treatment. Banks aren’t giving out secured credit to many people for things like home mortgages, they aren't going to be readily handing out financing for things like this.

and one more point, if this treatment was to produce amazing results and was available tomorrow, who really has the money to get it done, on this forum who out there has a stash of cash waiting to get this done, really? Some guys will need another few years to get the finance together, so in a way creating their own delay.
    If the treatment is guaranteed to actually regrow all or most hair with zero or minimal side effects, the demand will be astronomical, and the patent holders will be able to charge whatever they want for it. Just think of all the rich and famous people with alopecia: John Travolta, David Geffen, Prince William, the list goes on (incidentally, this is one reason I am skeptical of the big pharma conspiracy theories, if a baldness cure exists but is being suppressed, why can't these people with all their money, connections, and resources get access to it? But I digress...). There really is no shortage of people with means who will pay outrageous prices for a hair loss cure. Of course, this says nothing about the nobodies like me. I would happily sell my house, take a 2nd job, forego vacations, and subsist on ramen noodles if it meant I could afford the guaranteed hair loss cure. Many people I know feel the same way.

When it comes to the hair loss cure I am actually more worried about availability and distribution than price. Whoever develops the cure better seriously ramp up the production to meet demand or there could be all kinds of shortages and delays.

Do you guys believe that (hypothetically speaking if this works) the cost of procedure will rely heavily on what stage norwood you are? In other words...is the cost going to dramatically change from a norwood 3 patient to a norwood 6 patient?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    If the treatment is guaranteed to actually regrow all or most hair with zero or minimal side effects, the demand will be astronomical, and the patent holders will be able to charge whatever they want for it. Just think of all the rich and famous people with alopecia: John Travolta, David Geffen, Prince William, the list goes on (incidentally, this is one reason I am skeptical of the big pharma conspiracy theories, if a baldness cure exists but is being suppressed, why can't these people with all their money, connections, and resources get access to it? But I digress...). There really is no shortage of people with means who will pay outrageous prices for a hair loss cure. Of course, this says nothing about the nobodies like me. I would happily sell my house, take a 2nd job, forego vacations, and subsist on ramen noodles if it meant I could afford the guaranteed hair loss cure. Many people I know feel the same way.

When it comes to the hair loss cure I am actually more worried about availability and distribution than price. Whoever develops the cure better seriously ramp up the production to meet demand or there could be all kinds of shortages and delays.
    There is no big pharmac conspiracy, unless you have your tin foil hat strapped on tight. The notion that there is some sort of board of directors who receive all of the profits and make all of the decisions for the hair loss industry is asinine. Johnson and Johnson make dick from Rogaine in the scope of their business and Merck the same. All these companies are in competition with one another, not cohorts.

Anybody buying Replicel stock?

just bear in mind when talking about price that if someone says 'its likely to cost 15-20k' for example. They could be talking in $ which means it will be less in £ or €

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post
    Do you guys believe that (hypothetically speaking if this works) the cost of procedure will rely heavily on what stage norwood you are? In other words...is the cost going to dramatically change from a norwood 3 patient to a norwood 6 patient?
    Likely yes, because it will require multiple injections.

Its not like they're going to inject once on the top of your head and you just hope it spreads evenly across your scalp....