+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 210 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Awesome - this should be a separate thread though IMO as this is totally new information that leads down a different treatment path entirely from where Replicel and Histogen both were going.

The huge question is: why no mention of DHT? Is the ultimate core reason for hair shrinkage / "death" because DHT has an affinity for Prostaglandin D2 so the areas where the level is higher simply attract a higher amount of DHT? Will DHT suppression through 5AR inhibition be a thing of the past?

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...tern-baldness/

Saw this today...thought you guys might want to see it

On a side note my senior prom is in a few weeks...should be fun rocking the receding hairline and only 18....ugh

Good find!

Also, I know it sucks to be losing your hair in high school, but on the bright side, all the evidence suggests these treatments are on the way, so more likely than not you're gonna be spending the majority of your life with a full head of hair. Much better than going bald thirty years ago. Try to enjoy life and youth knowing a cure is on the way and it's nothing permanent.

Maradona, I have been reading huge parts of this thread and you have switched your points of views like a coin. From beeing exiteted over a wall street romour, to being all down because you read something about Replicel being dead since this summer. I will advice you to chill out and just watch the results in late april. Hope for the best, expect the worse and remember the fack that hair dosen't defines ut, our carisma, charm, personality does.

Personally I'm only 18 and have recently got a recived hairline, but do you know what? The worst case scenario will be to shave my head, but it's not bad at all. I still pray for Replicel, but if it dosen't work, it's okay, life goes on.

I'm begging everyone here to not express to much pesimism or optimism, espacially before the trial results has been released. Even if you're justify your optimism or pesimism by calling it realism, it's not helping anyone. Let's listen to Spencer, the real expert here. Maybe I would have been a nerve wrack as well if it wasn't for him. Let's all do ourselves a favour and wait for the results!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    Maradona, I have been reading huge parts of this thread and you have switched your points of views like a coin. From beeing exiteted over a wall street romour, to being all down because you read something about Replicel being dead since this summer. I will advice you to chill out and just watch the results in late april. Hope for the best, expect the worse and remember the fack that hair dosen't defines ut, our carisma, charm, personality does.

Personally I'm only 18 and have recently got a recived hairline, but do you know what? The worst case scenario will be to shave my head, but it's not bad at all. I still pray for Replicel, but if it dosen't work, it's okay, life goes on.

I'm begging everyone here to not express to much pesimism or optimism, espacially before the trial results has been released. Even if you're justify your optimism or pesimism by calling it realism, it's not helping anyone. Let's listen to Spencer, the real expert here. Maybe I would have been a nerve wrack as well if it wasn't for him. Let's all do ourselves a favour and wait for the results!

hahaha you mean the people at hairsite? those guys are crazy and really sociopaths. The replicel thread being dead is funny to me.... it didn't depressed me...or made me switch views. No one should ever go to that site if one believes in future treatments. There's a bunch of negative people posting whatever paper or words from the researchers they find to bring down companies.

Last time I read something on hairsite was a dude quoting "IF SO" from the guys at replicel, from then one he build a thread saying "IF SO? THAT SOUNDS LIKE RESEARCH FAIL - REPLICEL DEAD". Some other dude quotes papers from 50 years ago haha.

Im not pessismistic bro, i invested a lot of money after all. However
    What I realized and from what i've read is that it probably won't benefit all of us...that's why I'm down.But it will probably cure most of us here, including you my friend.

However with this discovery published today. I think I am dead wrong...I apologize if I ever sounded negative bro...but I really believe young dudes shouldn't worry that much about baldness. Just hold tight for a few short years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    hahaha you mean the people at hairsite? those guys are crazy and really sociopaths. The replicel thread being dead is funny to me.... it didn't depressed me...or made me switch views. No one should ever go to that site if one believes in future treatments. There's a bunch of negative people posting whatever paper or words from the researchers they find to bring down companies.

Last time I read something on hairsite was a dude quoting "IF SO" from the guys at replicel, from then one he build a thread saying "IF SO? THAT SOUNDS LIKE RESEARCH FAIL - REPLICEL DEAD". Some other dude quotes papers from 50 years ago haha.

Im not pessismistic bro, i invested a lot of money after all. However
    What I realized and from what i've read is that it probably won't benefit advanced stage pattern baldness...that's why I'm down.But it will probably cure most of us here, including you my friend.

However with this discovery published today. I think I am dead wrong...I apologize if I ever sounded negative bro...but imo young dudes shouldn't worry about baldness anymore. Just hold tight for a few short years.
    What discovery man? No, it's okay, man! We all think this sucks when it first happen to us. Man I have made fun of bald people and my father is 55 with a full head of hair. I was the last person expected suffering from a hair loss at the early age of 18. In which state are you at btw (NW)?

I put a link up for a new release a page or so ago...thats the discovery. There is also a whole new thread up for it. I'm not sure if your asking me for my nw or maradona. I'm only 18 so it hasn't gotten very far so around nw 2

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post
    I put a link up for a new release a page or so ago...thats the discovery. There is also a whole new thread up for it. I'm not sure if your asking me for my nw or maradona. I'm only 18 so it hasn't gotten very far so around nw 2
    I was asking Maradona. I don't really care about you.. Just kidding! NW2 is really not that bad! But why is the discovery relevantfor Maradona losing faith on Replicel?

No clue bro no clue

I know I am a bit of an optomist here, but there are some downsides to consider.

Without rambling on about myslef, some balding guys, like myself might be able to attribute some of their success to being bald. Strange as it may seem, and I might be stereotyping here but oh well...for certain professions like Accounting, Engineering, and the Sciences, it seems people attribute additional mental computing powers and skills just because someone is bald.

I, for one, have had some pretty good success as an accountant at an investment bank. What will a cure/treatment like this mean for me? Would I somehow lose my special (or at least perceived) abilities to be a good accounant?

I guess I'll figure out a way to manage, grow my hair out, get a convertable drive south to Cali with the top down. Come on Replicel!

Quote Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    I know I am a bit of an optomist here, but there are some downsides to consider.

Without rambling on about myslef, some balding guys, like myself might be able to attribute some of their success to being bald. Strange as it may seem, and I might be stereotyping here but oh well...for certain professions like Accounting, Engineering, and the Sciences, it seems people attribute additional mental computing powers and skills just because someone is bald.

I, for one, have had some pretty good success as an accountant at an investment bank. What will a cure/treatment like this mean for me? Would I somehow lose my special (or at least perceived) abilities to be a good accounant?

I guess I'll figure out a way to manage, grow my hair out, get a convertable drive south to Cali with the top down. Come on Replicel!
    I'm digging your sense of humour man! Let's just hope the Replicel make it and if the results are so good that a cure is not to unrealistic, then i have to admit that the hope alone will make me a lot happier person.

I also have a thought on something else. If the Replicel only makes the hair follicles DHT-resistant, than it wouldn't be unethical to create a juveline hairline anymore, because the risks of the hair behind falling out will be eliminated. That alone would make a huge difference.