Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonypizza
    • Jul 2011

I assume they will release pictures with their statistics, so it doesn't really matter how they calculate the percentage regrowth. You'll be able to see if there's a bunch of new hairs or not.

Coincidentally, that's also why I believe this to be the most important relase Replicel will make in their trials. If they show squat in the pictures, we know we're hooped. The mice were injected at the correct depth to regrow hair, the only change now is that this is an in-man trial of that same procedure.

I think it will work; it's basically what Gho's doing but on a larger scale. He's splitting those cells which produce hairs, and reimplanting a couple cells in a more aesthetic place so they can grow hair there.

If if doesn't work I won't know what to think. Histogen hasn't shown anything. Aderans hasn't shown anything. If Replicel tries to pawn off a couple spotty pics ala Histogen as regrowth instead of results like we saw in the mice, I'm gonna be sick.

But it should work! And they tested it in the temples. But they did make sure their funding was secure before releasing these results, so maybe they know something went wrong.

I hate my life

Comment

• Jan 2012

^ yeah, I'm pretty sure they're going to show MICROSCOPIC pictures rather than an actual photos... their injection was simply too small.

histogen and aderans DID show results.

Comment

• cleverusername
        • Nov 2011

Histogen > Aderans

Comment

• Maradona
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 2020
          again with this.... 30% of original density really? Doesn't that imply that their treatment could not go above 100%? meaning it can only bring back your old hair but no better
          It could, of course, if they can grow completely new hair. 30% would be a nice start point though, it blow the world away, especially in an area where there is little visible hair remaining this is also the area that has been literally "raped" by DHT, the temples.

Comment

• lpenergy
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by tonypizza
            But it should work! And they tested it in the temples. But they did make sure their funding was secure before releasing these results, so maybe they know something went wrong.

I hate my life
            The funding announced on March 29th was to meet current operating expenses and provide for an adequate amount of margin of safety in respect to their cash position. In their annual report, they have stated that they need to raise $5-$10 million for phase IIb trials. In the press release, it is stated that they intend to close "additional tranches" in the same terms as the initial tranche.

It is possible, and in my opinion probable, that the same group will provide the additional financing and could very well have everything all wrapped up but they don't want to tip off the results yet, as announcing securing the funding would be tantamount to saying that the phase IIa results were very good. So, they are probably holding for the moment.

At the end of the day, we will all just have to sit and wait until the end of April.

Comment

• ccmethinning
              • Jan 2012

Not sure if posted.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ccmethinning
                whoa

i need replicel's treatment preferably within the next six to eight months

Comment

• Maradona
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                  whoa

i need replicel's treatment preferably within the next six to eight months
                  sign up for their trials bro, maybe you can make it to phase 2 or 3.

I know I'll try my best to get in. Even moving to wherever replicel's headquarters are.

Comment

• sausage
                    • Jan 2012

The trials are taking place in some crazy middle eastern country aren't they?

They probably have 100 ppl ready and waiting.

Please god let this bring good news and give us all a full head of hair. I do not know why I am begging this of you God because you're the bastard that made me bald in the 1st place.

Its just a shame that by the time this is available I am going to be into my 30's!!!

I think I may have to get some ugly girl to make sweet love to until then and when the cure comes out dump her for a beauty.

Comment

• Jan 2012

^ Histogen and Aderans mentioned that they would be able to offer their treatment somewhere in 2014... That's only two years away. You may not even need Replicel.

Comment

• sausage
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by 2020
                        ^ Histogen and Aderans mentioned that they would be able to offer their treatment somewhere in 2014... That's only two years away. You may not even need Replicel.
                        2014!!!!

I can only hope!!! I will be 30 at the end of 2014.

I now need someone to reverse aging and get me back to 16 again so I can go back and live my life with hair and get the poontang pie I would and should have had.

2 years away....I am not sure I can believe there could be a cure in 2 years time. I just hope, we can only hope. At least my early 30's would be ok.

Turning 30 must be depressing for everyone cos it makes you realise your getting old and you may feel you did not live your young life to the fullest. That is emphasised with me cos my hairloss has screwed my life over. I have not had even 5% the life I should have had.

I am all fingers crossed for us 2020.

As I said before if we get a cure soon we will all have to meet up and have a night out in London to celebrate with our new hair.

I might have to do some crazy hairdo if that happens.

Comment

• 67mph
                          • Mar 2010

Gotta admit Sausage you made me laugh there, like you and the rest of us here i've everything crossed that there is some major ground shaker, life changer, World changer hair maker! ...if not NOW ...soon!!

Like i've mentioned before, get saving, no money no treatment.

Comment

• szn
                            • Oct 2010

if you arent living your life to the fullest because of hair loss, i feel bad for you. people have much worse problems than loosing hair. your problems are insignificant to those that are starving or do not even have a home. get over yourself and be happy that you do not eat out of a garbage every day.

Comment

• sausage
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by 67mph
                              Gotta admit Sausage you made me laugh there, like you and the rest of us here i've everything crossed that there is some major ground shaker, life changer, World changer hair maker! ...if not NOW ...soon!!

Like i've mentioned before, get saving, no money no treatment.
                              I like to try to joke about it in one way or another. Keeps me sane, even though ironically it probably makes me sound insane.

The moneys ready to go mate, unless they are going to charge ridiculous amounts.

Come on Replicel (& others) come and get my dough and give me a furry head.

Put me into the land of EUPHORIA!!!

Comment

• Losing_It
                                • Jun 2011

[QUOTE=sausage;57930]I like to try to joke about it in one way or another. Keeps me sane, even though ironically it probably makes me sound insane.

The moneys ready to go mate, unless they are going to charge ridiculous amounts.

Come on Replicel (& others) come and get my dough and give me a furry head.

Put me into the land of EUPHORIA!!![/QUOT

You need to get you some, I am fearing for your sanity.

Comment

Working...