Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bananana
    do we have a thread on this?

what's that about anyways, all the links on that site about RU are pretty much dead?

edit - i read on other forums it's expensive as gold and eventually wares off.
    baldtruth doesnt... *** and HLH has a lot of threads though.

Yes it's expensive but it's probably the most effective topical we have at the moment

Comment

• gmonasco
      Inactive
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by The Alchemist
      I'm unclear why it's designated I/II instead of just a II. What are the implications of that in terms of future studies?.
      It's not uncommon for clinical trials to have Phase I/IIa and Phase IIb steps rather than the more discretely divided Phase I and Phase II steps.

See http://www.virginia.edu/vpr/irb/HSR_...ALS_Phases.pdf for explanations of the differences.

Comment

• hairysituation
        • Feb 2012

Does anyone believe that Replicel will be able to regrow brand new follicles on completely bald spots? The mouse, which recieved an injection of millions of cells on its foot, only grew a few brand new hair follicles compared to the number of cells which got injected. Dosen't this prove that Replicel, in a best case scenario, only will restore damaged hair follicles on humans?

I hope I'm wrong..

Comment

• 67mph
          • Mar 2010

I'd rather forget all about the mice, as it's a first step under the original ideas stage, and the kinda-messing-about-with-ideas-sorta-thing stage ...remember the mouse with the ear on its back? ...that little guy is probably walking around with a 'fro on to cover the lugs.

OK, a step that needs to be taken but i'd guess that many 'cures' they've found using mice never appear for humans et cetc, MPO!

Good luck everyone, not long now til PhaseI (in all it's glory) results right??

19 people, 19 people with possible life changing results on their heads!!

Comment

• lpenergy
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by hairysituation
            Does anyone believe that Replicel will be able to regrow brand new follicles on completely bald spots? The mouse, which recieved an injection of millions of cells on its foot, only grew a few brand new hair follicles compared to the number of cells which got injected. Dosen't this prove that Replicel, in a best case scenario, only will restore damaged hair follicles on humans?

I hope I'm wrong..
            One thing to keep in mind is that Replicel is testing in the upper temples, a region that for most balding individuals is an area that would be first affected by hair loss. If their April results are positive in this region, it could be an early indication of them being able to generate new follicles.

I am fuzzy myself on whether follicles remain miniturized and can be salvaged or if new follicles will need to be created.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by hairysituation
              Does anyone believe that Replicel will be able to regrow brand new follicles on completely bald spots?
              I hope not... seriously, Replicel should only "rejuvenate" existing follicles and make them more androgen resistant.
              It is Histogen's job to activate those stem cells that were once follicles to start growing hair again.

Growing completely new follicles while ignoring existing "shrunken" follicles would produce awful results cosmetically...

Comment

• greatjob!
                • Aug 2011

I personally believe that the treatment is going to revive dormant follicles and not create new ones from nothing, which is why I'm concerned with the possibility of potentially damaging these dormant follicles with a hair transplant. I guess we will know more soon. I hope that they enroll some subjects who have previously undergone a transplant in the past in the next trials. I believe it isn't possible to damage all the dormant follicles with current transplant techniques; if the incisions do damage the dormant follicles they still aren't going to be close enough to damage all of them. I just wish we knew more so we could plan accordingly.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
                  It's not uncommon for clinical trials to have Phase I/IIa and Phase IIb steps rather than the more discretely divided Phase I and Phase II steps.

See http://www.virginia.edu/vpr/irb/HSR_...ALS_Phases.pdf for explanations of the differences.

Well, hopefully they can go from this trial straight to phase III. Would be great if they could introduce it to asian markets after they finish the phase I/II. Provided they can get the desired efficacy.

Comment

• kaandereli
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by greatjob!
                    I personally believe that the treatment is going to revive dormant follicles and not create new ones from nothing.
                    they were able to grow hair in mouse's foot 9 years ago, i am more optimistic on temple results.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by greatjob!
                      I personally believe that the treatment is going to revive dormant follicles and not create new ones from nothing, which is why I'm concerned with the possibility of potentially damaging these dormant follicles with a hair transplant. I guess we will know more soon. I hope that they enroll some subjects who have previously undergone a transplant in the past in the next trials. I believe it isn't possible to damage all the dormant follicles with current transplant techniques; if the incisions do damage the dormant follicles they still aren't going to be close enough to damage all of them. I just wish we knew more so we could plan accordingly.

That's exactly what i was thinking. The incisions aren't all that close together for most transplants which have densities around the 30-60 fu/cm2. That's about half normal density...so you still would be able to gain alot of your surviving dormant follicles back.

Have you consulted with a HT Doctor?

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                        • Feb 2011

Well, hopefully they can go from this trial straight to phase III. Would be great if they could introduce it to asian markets after they finish the phase I/II. Provided they can get the desired efficacy.
                        That would be a dream come true, man. And honestly, I don't see why they couldn't introduce it in Asian markets after those trials. Because since they are using the highest possible dosage in Phase I/II, and if it's proven to be safe, then I don't see how any safety concerns could arise. People would literally jump at the chance for this if they're absolutely sick and tired of hair loss, like I am.

Comment

• greatjob!
                          • Aug 2011

That's exactly what i was thinking. The incisions aren't all that close together for most transplants which have densities around the 30-60 fu/cm2. That's about half normal density...so you still would be able to gain alot of your surviving dormant follicles back.

Have you consulted with a HT Doctor?

Yeah human hair/skin epithelial cells are about 70 microns or 0.07 mm across, so even if the hair follicles are damaged beyond repair, I don't think that many of them will be affected, but it's still something I'm concerned about. I have consulted with my short list of doctors; I haven't asked them about this yet. I don't think they know, and even though I consider the doctors on my list to be extremely ethical I'm not sure if the info they gave me would be completely subjective. I'm just gonna have to wait awhile before I decide to pull the trigger or not, but I'm getting pretty impatient, ugh.

Comment

• Maradona
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                            That would be a dream come true, man. And honestly, I don't see why they couldn't introduce it in Asian markets after those trials. Because since they are using the highest possible dosage in Phase I/II, and if it's proven to be safe, then I don't see how any safety concerns could arise. People would literally jump at the chance for this if they're absolutely sick and tired of hair loss, like I am.
                            I don't think that would happen. 2015 is being very optimistic.

Depending on their phase 1 we will know when(if) it will become available , poor results can only mean they will have to tweak their treatment hence it could be delayed for a LONG time.

If there are good results in p1 we will be on
                            fast track to looking like my avatar earliest 2015. CEO was pretty clear no early release.

Comment

• bigentries
                              • Dec 2011

Have you seen people that have that weird "werewolf" disease and they grow hair from virtually everywhere?

I guess everyone has those hair follicles but they never end up growing hair.

What is the possibility that these treatments can make you sprout hair from all over your face?

I guess that is another reason why to treat the hairline with conventional hair transplants and treat everything behind with new methods.

A horseshoe is way better than hair all over your forehead and nose

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
                                Have you seen people that have that weird "werewolf" disease and they grow hair from virtually everywhere?

I guess everyone has those hair follicles but they never end up growing hair.

What is the possibility that these treatments can make you sprout hair from all over your face?

I guess that is another reason why to treat the hairline with conventional hair transplants and treat everything behind with new methods.

A horseshoe is way better than hair all over your forehead and nose
                                that's why they're doing further studies... to see how far those new cells will migrate and grow hair.

Comment

Working...