+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 210 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by southasian View Post
    Every year, they'll be extending the FDA trials and keep telling us 5-10 years. I'll be six feet under 20 years down the road and these morons (big pharma) will keep saying "we're so close, Phase II trials are underway, only 5 more years...hang on folks!"
    Surely even pessimistic people must believe that by 2022 there will be some form of 'cure' or treatment that is significantly better than propecia.

I know that 2022 is a long time away, but I just think, well I may be almost bald in 9 years time, but in 11 years I'll have most (if not all my hair back).

What I'm trying to say is that within our lifetime baldness will be ''cured'' or at least have much better treatments. So we can all take some comfort that, unlike our ancestors, we will not be bald for the rest of our lives.

And until Replicel and alike show us some more results, we will just have to stave off baldness as long as we possibly can.

Every year, they'll be extending the FDA trials and keep telling us 5-10 years. I'll be six feet under 20 years down the road and these morons (big pharma) will keep saying "we're so close, Phase II trials are underway, only 5 more years...hang on folks!"
    "big pharma".... omfg

ALL OF THOSE GOD DAMN COMPANIES ARE COMPETING AGAINST EACH OTHER!!
    IT WOULD BE IN THEIR BEST INTEREST TO FINISH THIS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
    WHOEVER WILL BE THE FIRST TO DO IT, WILL MAKE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
    WHY WOULD THEY LAG AND DELAY THINGS ON PURPOSE?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    "big pharma".... omfg

ALL OF THOSE GOD DAMN COMPANIES ARE COMPETING AGAINST EACH OTHER!!
    IT WOULD BE IN THEIR BEST INTEREST TO FINISH THIS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
    WHOEVER WILL BE THE FIRST TO DO IT, WILL MAKE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
    WHY WOULD THEY LAG AND DELAY THINGS ON PURPOSE?
    I'll see you here in 5 years still praying for a cure, which will still just be another 'mere 5 years away'. But i like your positive attitude...hehe :-)

One thing I want to point out to everyone is the problem of women's hair loss, which in and of itself is pretty strong encouragement for biotech companies to find a solution. Women's hair loss has been swept under the rug (literally) for a pretty long time. More and more women are becoming more open about this problem as we are seeking a solution from our doctors. As a result, more biotech companies are putting more attention into trying to resolve the problem.

I do not believe in any conspiracy to keep a solution away from the public simply to strengthen sales of current treatments - because current treatments only work for some women - and every one knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    One thing I want to point out to everyone is the problem of women's hair loss, which in and of itself is pretty strong encouragement for biotech companies to find a solution. Women's hair loss has been swept under the rug (literally) for a pretty long time. More and more women are becoming more open about this problem as we are seeking a solution from our doctors. As a result, more biotech companies are putting more attention into trying to resolve the problem.

I do not believe in any conspiracy to keep a solution away from the public simply to strengthen sales of current treatments - because current treatments only work for some women - and every one knows it.
    My point is not that big pharma is in a conspiracy to quell any new solutions, but more that they don't have much incentive as once they release a 'cure', there will not be any repeat customers i.e. propecia users. Also i really think these idiots just don't have the R&D know-how to come out with a solution. Why then does Aderans keep delaying Phase II? it was supposed to have completed last year, as in 2011 - its 2012 right now! Don't worry fellow hair loss sufferers (myself included), we all will be praying for a solution coming out in another 'mere' 5 years once we hit 2017. Dr. Rassman was right all along, minimum 10, most likely 20 years with these morons (big pharma) running the show.

My point is biotech companies have more incentive than you think they have. They are also farther along than you think they are. Opinions of Doctors like Dr. Rassman are not a good gauge at all. Such doctors are much too stubborn and closed minded. The progress, or perceived lack there of, of one biotech company is not a good gauge either.

My point is not that big pharma is in a conspiracy to quell any new solutions, but more that they don't have much incentive as once they release a 'cure', there will not be any repeat customers i.e. propecia users.
    there's not going to be "cure".... one injection of their stuff is not going to bring back a full head of hair

Also i really think these idiots just don't have the R&D know-how to come out with a solution. Why then does Aderans keep delaying Phase II? it was supposed to have completed last year, as in 2011 - its 2012 right now!
    because they're dealing with very complicated stuff... Aderans is delaying because their previous study was a failure. Other companies are on a good track..

Don't worry fellow hair loss sufferers (myself included), we all will be praying for a solution coming out in another 'mere' 5 years once we hit 2017. Dr. Rassman was right all along, minimum 10, most likely 20 years with these morons (big pharma) running the show.
    let's just wait for march... Then we will know what's what.

Yes and this is why i'm certain it'll keep getting pushed for many many years. 10 years makes sense, but realistic is more than that. Like you said, it's very complicated, so nothing will materialize in the next 5 whole years! Either way i wish you were right, but i know better based on current results. And by "other companies being on a good track" who are you speaking of? Replicel? They haven't come out with any solid findings, gotta wait till April for that. I don't know anyone else who is anywhere near a solid finding.

Yes and this is why i'm certain it'll keep getting pushed for many many years. 10 years makes sense, but realistic is more than that. Like you said, it's very complicated, so nothing will materialize in the next 5 whole years! Either way i wish you were right, but i know better based on current results. And by "other companies being on a good track" who are you speaking of? Replicel? They haven't come out with any solid findings, gotta wait till April for that. I don't know anyone else who is anywhere near a solid finding.
    how could it not? Histogen already proved that their stuff works...

just imagine if follica manage to wake the follicles.You could grow a full head of hair in like 6 months.Go watch a thread of mine names skin stem cells.The doctor that speaks says that they are now starting to understand how hair grow and fall and that this can lead to cure for baldness.Hair are really fascinating for those researchers because they are complicated and by understanding how they work they can come up with cures for other diseases.