+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

There are soooo many reasons how it affects you...

-You think your life's over.
    -You think your struggle to get a GF.
    -You worry what everyone will think
    -You get taken the piss out of by mates.
    -You get taken the piss out of by strangers.
    -You try so hard to cover it up.
    -You especially hate seeing people you have not seen in years knowing they will think 'WTF happend to you'
    -You do what you can to stop it ie. buying medication which doesn't work and costs you financially and risks other health problems.
    -Hair all over pillows, desks at work etc is embarrassing.
    -You look like a right tit.
    -You can become a recluse.
    -Whenever people talk about baldness around you, your desperate for the topic to change.
    -You get a greasy head,scalp,hair, so you have to wash your hair everyday.
    -You have to get to the bathroom as quick as possible in the morning hoping no1 else will see your morning hair before you fix it up with gel.
    -This also affects you when you go away with people on holiday or camping when it is even harder to avoid people in the morning.
    -Your head gets burnt easily in the summer.
    -Your head is sensitive to the cold in the winter.
    -You struggle to look at yourself in the mirror.
    -You worry about having your photo taken.

All these things affected me and pretty much all still do affect me.

At least now I am at a later stage in my hairloss. A few of these things can be taken away as it is now clear I am balding so there is no way I can cover it up, I have my hair short so no need for fixing it up, I have gone past the medication stage and that screwing me over but now I am thinking of the HT route which is a huge dilema.

I'm in the same boat! My social skills have greatly been affected by this and now I can't even have a conversation with anyone.

Sorry boys, man the **** up.

Yes, this condition is indeed life-changing. Hair, in most cases, is a big part of who we are as a person. It is intrinsically part of our identity for the better part of our youth. Yes, hair loss can be seriously detrimental to our lives in so many ways.

I feel for you all you. I'm only nineteen, this is indeed a very rough time for me. As I'm sure it is for all of you, regardless of your age. This is a tough battle, but all we can do is stay optimistic. Never should we let this affliction dictate how we live our lives.

Something bad happens. You have two options. You resist it with anger, frustration, regret, etc. Or, you accept reality (it's already happened), and move on with your day. Resist nothing. By resisting your condition, you are only further perpetuating your own misery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

Here's to hoping for better treatment options in the near future.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Sorry boys, man the **** up.

Yes, this condition is indeed life-changing. Hair, in most cases, is a big part of who we are as a person. It is intrinsically part of our identity for the better part of our youth. Yes, hair loss can be seriously detrimental to our lives in so many ways.

I feel for you all you. I'm only nineteen, this is indeed a very rough time for me. As I'm sure it is for all of you, regardless of your age. This is a tough battle, but all we can do is stay optimistic. Never should we let this affliction dictate how we live our lives.

Something bad happens. You have two options. You resist it with anger, frustration, regret, etc. Or, you accept reality (it's already happened), and move on with your day. Resist nothing. By resisting your condition, you are only further perpetuating your own misery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

Here's to hoping for better treatment options in the near future.

Cheers.
    yeah we are giving a fight everyday by taking propecia and minoxidil.Risking our health for little results.At least if there is god then he better help replicel and their treatment.Imagine the huge let down if they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by born View Post
    yeah we are giving a fight everyday by taking propecia and minoxidil.Risking our health for little results.At least if there is god then he better help replicel and their treatment.Imagine the huge let down if they fail.
    Your perception dictates your reality. Imagine if they were to succeed.

Your perception dictates your reality. Imagine if they were to succeed.
    i think they will succeed.It would be good to have a 10-20% regrowth but more important if they could stop baldness by making existing hair dht resistant.Aderans has shown some success so i guess they will have something too because they use very similar techniques.But i really believe the real cure will come from follica but they face difficulties with waking follicles up.Wnts that give signals for hair to start regroth can also cause cancer.I know some say they are dead.They are not even close being dead.

This is one of the best videos for motivation ever released, I see it posted in many other forums where Wanting It More is a key theme.

Its long, but its well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    This is one of the best videos for motivation ever released, I see it posted in many other forums where Wanting It More is a key theme.

Its long, but its well worth it.
    who cares?? Motivation is not a problem here... We need hair!

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    There are soooo many reasons how it affects you...

-You think your life's over.
    -You think your struggle to get a GF.
    -You worry what everyone will think
    Yep. Though not so much "life is over" but that life will stop moving forward in a positive way. Not necessarily negative, it just will stop moving forward.

-You get taken the piss out of by mates.
    -You get taken the piss out of by strangers.
    **** um. They aren't your mates then if they don't catch on quickly that it bothers you.

-You try so hard to cover it up.
    Don't try hard, you're only helping keep the psyche down by thinking of it that much.

-You especially hate seeing people you have not seen in years knowing they will think 'WTF happend to you'
    Bah. If they don't get over the initial surprise, screw um. They aren't worth continuing to know.

-You do what you can to stop it ie. buying medication which doesn't work and costs you financially and risks other health problems.
    You'll only compound your problems if you believe there are health risks, whether they are real or not.

-Hair all over pillows, desks at work etc is embarrassing.
    A few hairs here and there are totally normal, but if it gets drastic falling out, something else may just be wrong.

-You look like a right tit.
    As clandestine said - perception is your reality.
    -You can become a recluse.
    Want It More.

-Whenever people talk about baldness around you, your desperate for the topic to change.
    Your perception is your reality. If you let it bother you, it *will* bother you.

-You have to get to the bathroom as quick as possible in the morning hoping no1 else will see your morning hair before you fix it up with gel.
    -This also affects you when you go away with people on holiday or camping when it is even harder to avoid people in the morning.
    If you're with your best pals and mates or family and loved ones they don't care and if they do, well...what I said above. Screw um. They know you, not your hair. If others see the self-consciousness then it will affect their perception.

-Your head gets burnt easily in the summer.
    -Your head is sensitive to the cold in the winter.
    This does suck but eh, its not terribly inconvenient.
    -You struggle to look at yourself in the mirror.
    -You worry about having your photo taken.
    Your perception is your reality.

Of course, who am I to talk. I've only been conscious of my thinning out hair since October and the weird baldness pattern forming on my left top and have had my up and down days and its not that bad right now (the hair) - though some of the guys I've seen who post pics would cringe and when I look at their pics I laugh wondering why they are so vain about so little thinning.

But I'm doing what I can to convince myself my hair is not *me* and that again, my perception is my reality.

Those That Matter Don't Mind, and Those That Mind Don't Matter

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    But I'm doing what I can to convince myself my hair is not *me* and that again, my perception is my reality.
    eh this is crap... I would rather have my hair instead