+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

maybe we need to inject the stem cells of the mouse into our scalp and then add this replicel stuff and we get 50% too.

That's how we all turn into mice!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    That's how we all turn into mice!
    At least we'd have more hair.

I got an e-mail today from Tammy George, who is Replicel's communications director. In it she gave a link to an interview with AskMen Canada with Replicel's CEO David Hall. The article also covers Folica and Histogen. Nothing new learned (except that Replicel is a bit of a media whore), but provides a decent over view of all the current treatments that are being developed.

http://ca.askmen.com/entertainment/b...d-balding.html

Yeah, that article does give a decent overview of the potential cures/treatments and it's nice of you to post it. Except what I really can't is when writers, like the one in this article, report on hair loss in some type of cutesy, humorous way, making it like hair loss is just some vain, cosmetic issue that deserves to be joked about. That writer needs to understand that hair loss is a disease that sends many people spiraling into deep depression and dramatically alters how people live their lives. Therefore, an article about hair loss needs to be approached with adequate sensitivity and decorum, not by some dipshit writer using cutesy to birdhouses or friggin chili cooks. Yet again that writer looks like some ****in pathetic combination of Andy Dick, Revenge of the Nerds, and some wimpy Greenwich Village coffeehouse patron so I guess I would expect that type of writing from that useless pencil-necked geek who wrote the article.
    Sorry to get so off-topic guys, but it just really makes me mad when our disease of hair loss gets constantly marginalized and joked about in the media.
    Last edited by DepressedByHairLoss; 02-06-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: missing words

I left out a couple of words in the last post, and apparently the message board won't let me edit my post.

Yeah, that article does give a decent overview of the potential cures/treatments and it's nice of you to post it. Except what I really can't stand is when writers, like the one in this article, report on hair loss in some type of cutesy, humorous way, making it like hair loss is just some vain, cosmetic issue that deserves to be joked about. That writer needs to understand that hair loss is a disease that sends many people spiraling into deep depression and dramatically alters how people live their lives. Therefore, an article about hair loss needs to be approached with adequate sensitivity and decorum, not by some dipshit writer using cutesy references to birdhouses or friggin chili cooks. Yet again that writer looks like some ****in pathetic combination of Andy Dick, Revenge of the Nerds, and some wimpy Greenwich Village coffeehouse patron so I guess I would expect that type of writing from that useless pencil-necked geek who wrote the article.
    Sorry to get so off-topic guys, but it just really makes me mad when our disease of hair loss gets constantly marginalized and joked about in the media.

Default The Truth

But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
    In proving foresight may be vain:
    The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
    Gang aft agley,

An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

A 10 year limit for a cure is actually quite depressing.....

For someone that has been balding since age 16, that is now 27 that is quite far gone on the baldness scale it would be very bitter sweet if a cure came out as soon as he got into his 30's.

The main time in your life you need hair is in your teens/20's and for the cure not to come out in that time but to come out just after it is very depressing.

If that happens I will be cursing that it did not come out just 5 years earlier, to miss the boat by 5 years or so would be a big downer. Knowing that there are ppl out there who have just started balding at 16 and a cure is available to them straight away to fix it when I had to suffer would annoy me a bit.

Sorry to put a negative on it, but I am sure people understand what I mean especially those in a similar position to me.

It would be of course great to get my hair back in my 30's but I am at the age where I need to settle down get married and baldness is not helping me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    A 10 year limit for a cure is actually quite depressing.....

For someone that has been balding since age 16, that is now 27 that is quite far gone on the baldness scale it would be very bitter sweet if a cure came out as soon as he got into his 30's.

The main time in your life you need hair is in your teens/20's and for the cure not to come out in that time but to come out just after it is very depressing.

If that happens I will be cursing that it did not come out just 5 years earlier, to miss the boat by 5 years or so would be a big downer. Knowing that there are ppl out there who have just started balding at 16 and a cure is available to them straight away to fix it when I had to suffer would annoy me a bit.

Sorry to put a negative on it, but I am sure people understand what I mean especially those in a similar position to me.

It would be of course great to get my hair back in my 30's but I am at the age where I need to settle down get married and baldness is not helping me at all.
    i wouldn't want any other 16 year old kid to suffer from this, it's just so unfair for someone to go through this so early and people don't take you seriously.Spencer is right when he says that hair loss is soul's cancer.It ****ing changes someone's life.I felt so bad when spencer said in his radio that he was outside and he stopped to stare a building because the wind was blowing.His friend asked him what are you looking at?He said i just wait for the wind to stop.Like sucks if you are a hair loss sufferer, especially in a young age.