+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 210 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Abut money. I know that nobody knows how much it´s going to cost. But has someone a good guess?

Replicel doesn't know the results yet b/c the study is double blinded meaning neither the subjects nor the "investigator" knows which section on each head was injected with the placebo and which was injected with the cultured cells. For example, the investigator is given solution 856345 for injection in site A and solution 93574 for injection in site B and he doesn't know which is real and which is the placebo until that information is revealed after the trial. And Replicel is not the "investigator". An independent company is performing and monitoring the trial so Replicel has no contact with the subjects. This independence is what gives the ultimate results legitimacy. The independent company has reported to Replicel that there have been no adverse events meaning that the investigator did not see an adverse event on any injected section of any subject. (Since the investigator doesn't know which injection site is which, it has to be that neither site shows an adverse event for him to make such a statement.) I suppose that any trial investigator in any trial might be required to report back to the trial sponsor (Replicel) on any adverse events b/c the sponsor might have to intervene to protect the subjects in the event of a negative outcome. But unless there is some rule in place that prevents the investigator from also giving the sponsor feedback about efficacy, I don't see why the investigator couldn't say for example "We don't know which injection site is the placebo or the cultured cells but we can say that one of the sites is growing a lot more hair than the other".

As I said we still don't know the effiacy and if some or any hair has grown but I do like the fact that they preparing for phaseIIb trials already despite the fact that they do not know the reults of first trial themselves. Sure it is a risk, because if first trial results fail their preparations are in vain but if the results are good, they can continue with phaseIIb trials really fast and their timeline is more plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Replicel doesn't know the results yet b/c the study is double blinded meaning neither the subjects nor the "investigator" knows which section on each head was injected with the placebo and which was injected with the cultured cells. For example...
    Thank you for this post. Very illuminating for those of us who are learning what the trial phase is all about.

Inactive

When will the final outcome of Replicel be known ? In sense - it works/doesn't and if does when will it be commercially available for us to try ?

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    When will the final outcome of Replicel be known ? In sense - it works/doesn't and if does when will it be commercially available for us to try ?
    No one can say for sure. Projections typically say somewhere between 2015-2017, best case scenario.

Well they said they're looking to start phase IIb in the fall of 2012 so hopefully they reach their target release date of 2015 and not 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    Well they said they're looking to start phase IIb in the fall of 2012 so hopefully they reach their target release date of 2015 and not 2017.
    Yeah, hopefully. But then, Aderans surely weren't expecting to spend five years stuck on Phase II... but they will have by the time they finish in 2013.

Hopefully Replicel has a better product than Aderans...

Inactive

Not very encoraging to be honest.. 3-5 years away. I wouldn't mind the time if I knew this will be the final deal.. if its gonna be the cure, permanent one then ok, but what worries me there are probably many many more researches and studies years away and with uncertain outcome. Years pass by, and we have to carry the baldness burden for so long, with only a blury distant hope..

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Not very encoraging to be honest.. 3-5 years away. I wouldn't mind the time if I knew this will be the final deal.. if its gonna be the cure, permanent one then ok, but what worries me there are probably many many more researches and studies years away and with uncertain outcome. Years pass by, and we have to carry the baldness burden for so long, with only a blury distant hope..
    It sucks right but 10 years ago people were just ass ****ed. There wasnt even a hint of a solution - we're actually bloody lucky. All I could have hoped for was the balding process to have started in my life now and not 5 years ago.

This reminds me of all the whiny 20 year olds in this forum that think these companies are taking too long, if its taking too long, you ****ing cure it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzxcjg7YZSs

p.s. said with love but with a lil grumpy ole man gravy thrown in...