+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 210 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Hair Transplant it is then.

If Replicel works in 4-5 years time then I will throw that in the mix, but I can't be bald for another 4-5 years personally.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    What stops you from getting multiple injections? I doubt replicel results are limited
    Around $15,000?

I don't believe that Replicel and Histogen are necessarily developing "interim" treatments at all. Especially Replicel, whose goal would be to get back a full head of hair by creating new follicles and reviving damaged ones. Their 20-30% regrowth goal is just an initial benchmark to prove that it would be more effective than the crap that's out there today. According to their mission statement on their website, Replicel is looking to achieve much more than 20-30% regrowth. If Replicel proves to be effective, then the deactivation of genes that cause baldness would be a total non-issue, since the new hair that would be created would be from cells that were resistant to DHT (from the lower back of the head) in the first place.
    Roland Lauster's hair multiplication program is not at all 10-15 years away in the best case scenario. Lauster himself even said in 2010 that his hair multiplication program was 5 years away. I believe that Lauster even said he could clone hair right now, but it was just thin vellous hair.
    Also, I believe that Replicel's, Histogen's, and Aderans's methods would be much more effective than hair multiplication, assuming that they work. Even if hair could be cloned, it would still require multiple surgeries to implant enough hair to create a full head of hair. This would be very labor-intensive to surgically implant enough cloned hair to create a full head of hair. It would be much easier and less labor-intensive to do what Replicel, Histogen, and Aderans are doing by either inject cells to induce cellular hair regrowth or to inject chemicals that have been known to stimulate hair regrowth.
    Anyway, here's to being optimistic to having a hair loss cure/effective treatment/something that puts a significant amount of hair back on our heads as soon as possible.

Is this stuff still 5 years away?

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Hair Transplant it is then.

If Replicel works in 4-5 years time then I will throw that in the mix, but I can't be bald for another 4-5 years personally.

Good luck to the rest of you.
    Whether it works or not it was always going to be about 5 years away according to the CEO. Most of these treatments won't come for another 3 years at least due to the FDA and other factors. Best case scenario Aderans would be out in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    Whether it works or not it was always going to be about 5 years away according to the CEO. Most of these treatments won't come for another 3 years at least due to the FDA and other factors. Best case scenario Aderans would be out in 2014.
    CEO said 2015 if everything goes well. They don't have a plan B or C like Aderans, so theyre going all out on phase 1.

If it shows the same results as rats or at least a little less (as well as it should since we are not implanting rat cells in our scalp ), then by 2015 we will have the cure for baldness and a complete change in society forever, we are dealing with the discovery of the universe as joe in baldtruth said .

Now there might be downsides, since you might have to inject really high doses of these treatments (your own cells) and there isn't a side effect in the literature of treatments like these....we might have a real ****ed up side effect who knows.

I will keep posting IF I find more info about replicel, if not then we'll see each other in march

Here's a pdf document with all the info about replicel.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2430478..._REPORT_2_.pdf

I really believe this is our only chance to get a full head of hair within our lifetimes, some may disagree But I don't believe in aderans or histogen, maybe aderans but prob won't be as effective from my research.

Good luck guys, cross fingers, hopefully everything goes smooth in March even 20-30% would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Agreed. These are all interim treatments. The real cure in a form of a pill or a topical which will somehow deactivate genes responsible for DHT sensitive hair, or make the hair follicels themselves DHT resistant is decades away.
    Not necessarily. In both Aderans and Replicel, they are taking dht resistant cells from the back of the head. Theoretically, these dht resistant cells not only create new hair follicles that are dht resistant but the implanted dht resistant cells will migrate to existing hairs on the head sensitive to dht and in turn make them resistant. If either of these treatments prove successful and can do the above mentioned things, why would you need a new treatment that deactivates the genes when the hairs are now resistant to dht?

I think some baldtruth members that are quite knowledgeable on this (like Krewel or Pate) need to create some type of thread that provides in a list format the available info on Replicel and explanation of what the process is theoretically trying to achieve. Because there is still a lot of confusion on here about numbers like 20-30%, the reasons for why they are using a high amount of cells in phase 1 etc.

If the confusion still stands, the excessive amount of optimism or cynicism that people complain about is just going to continue, along with misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Around $15,000?
    that's not the point... I tried to explain that with MULTIPLE injections, hair growth will be compoundable. There will be no limit.

Will they know if this will be compoundable from their first data, or will this come later in the trails? I hope it is, because % would not be an issue (: