+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 210 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Hair transplants require continued use of finasteride in order to ensure hair loss won't continue to progress, jeopardizing those hair follicles which were not transplanted (non DHT-reistant), but still subject to fall out.
    Exactly. That is the major negative of HTs.

If a HT was available to tide me over for future treatments... Personally I'd have no problem with that. But it's the uncertainty which is the killer, here. If we could know for certain that at least one of these treatments would be available by the end of the decade, we'd all rest easier in our minds. Treading water is more frightening if you don't know whether a lifeboat will ever show up...

I have enough money for future treatments if I was to get a HT.

I also have slow hairloss which helps.

It would be annoying taking a pill everyday but if it works then I guess its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I have a question to those waiting in anticipation for a Replicel cure...

Is there a reason you are more interested in Replicel than Hair Transplantation?

Hair Transplants may be a different hair loss treatment to what Replicel could potentially do but what are the reasons you have chosen to ignore getting a Hair Transplant and instead look to the future with Replicel?

Are Hair Transplants too expensive for you and your hoping that Replicel will be a cheaper 'cure' ?

Do you not like the idea of having a hair transplant because of pain or scaring?

Do you feel Hair Transplants are not a good enough 'treatment' ?

Do you strongly believe that Replicel will be a lot more effective than Hair Transplants?

Or are you interested in Hair Transplantation but are happy to wait 2+ years for other alternatives like Replicel?
    Multiple reasons.
    1. FUE and especially FUT leave you with a scar. Scars are not a fun thing to have, one could say if HT was successful one could cover up the scars with hair. But it is not so simple. I'll get back to that later.

2. Donor region which offers DHT resistant hiar has limited grafts for transplantation. Most male AGA sufferers tend to end up with NW7 in the long haul(it could take few years to few decades depending on a person). An average guy doesn't have enough donor hair to get from NW7 to NW1. Basically you have to do a comover + topikk(nanofibre), however it goes. And hair which is transplanted can't get you back your previous density.

3. As others already said you have to use finasteride to stop further hair loss in case you are not NW7. I won't be taking finasteride. My choice.
    And rogaine is just too much of a hassle for me, especially with seborrhea creeping up .

Now to get back to first one. The scars remain, and by doing HTs your donor region is more scarce, so those scars can potentially be more visible.

Now I am not saying HTs are not good. I am saying we could do better. If they make Aderans, Replicel or Histogen available. Those will be interim treatments, one step behind hair multiplication.

However if you combine Replicel, Histogen or Aderans with HTs, the second and third point are negligible.

You are only left with scars, and they are still working on reducing them.
    Also good HT doctors leave small scars. Not really visible.

With FUE I would not have thought that the small scars would be an issue seeing as your hair will be covering your scalp, even if you had a grade 2 or 3 buzzed look, a grade 1 would possibly show scars.

So I don't think scaring with FUE is an issue if you go to the right surgeon.

I would not go near strip as that is total butchery to me.

If I had a Hair transplant and in the future I ran out of donor hair by that time the cures you listed may well be available and can fill that void, also hair cloning may be around. If not then I can just buzz it short if needs be.

I'd love to just be able to have an injection in my head and a short while later have a full head of hair but that seems too good to be true but who knows.

There are so many negatives with regards to an HT, and why I would do the Replicel or Histogen treatments, but would never get an HT. First off, an HT doesn't even generate any new hair growth, all it does is move hair from one part of the head to the other. Second, a hair transplant won't even come close to giving you the original hair density that you had before you started to lose your hair. A hair transplant is very limited. Third, a hair transplant creates permanent head scarring that lasts a lifetime, including a smiley-faced ear to ear scar. I don't care if this scar is supposed to be covered up by hair, a head scar is still a head scar, any way you cut it. Fourth, you'll need to be on Propecia for life to ensure that the hair around the transplanted hair doesn't fall out. And since I (along with many others) have already experienced side effects with Propecia, I'm not about to make a lifelong commitment to that shit. Hair transplants are expensive but that's not even an issue for me. If there was some method out there that would grow new hair and even give you somewhat close to full and original hair density; man I would pay $20,000 in a second for something like that. It pisses me off so much that we don't have any better options for hair loss today!

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    A hair transplant creates permanent head scarring that lasts a lifetime, including a smiley-faced ear to ear scar. You'll need to be on Propecia for life to ensure that the hair around the transplanted hair doesn't fall out.
    While those factors may apply now, they won't necessarily hold true for the lifetime of someone who obtains a HT today. Future medical developments may include methods of rendering such scars non-visible and of preserving hair from loss to DHT without the use of Propecia.

Default Hey

Depressed by hair loss is right, HT is a joke....so you could be a norwood 3 now hair transplant could get you to a norwood 2 and without propecia you would be a deformed norwood 4 or something.

Btw, does anybody have info about ADERANs I been researching a little bit and my opinions came from other people's post...is it possible that their release date could be sooner than replicel ?

when does their phase 2 trials end? when can we have results?

I've checked their page and they dont seem to put a definite date like replicel which is in march.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Depressed by hair loss is right, HT is a joke....so you could be a norwood 3 now hair transplant could get you to a norwood 2 and without propecia you would be a deformed norwood 4 or something.

Btw, does anybody have info about ADERANs I been researching a little bit and my opinions came from other people's post...is it possible that their release date could be sooner than replicel ?

when does their phase 2 trials end? when can we have results?

I've checked their page and they dont seem to put a definite date like replicel which is in march.
    There was a guy name bald halftruth from hair site saying ....

Hi Shooter. As I reported earlier... I was moved to the New Hyde Park, Long Island location (only 3 miles from where I live). I experienced pretty good regrowth to the two "almost" bald areas ARI worked on. "Pretty good" meaning cosmetically significant, but not the density I have on the "healthy" sides of my head. I'd say I've tripled the amount of hairs in those two small patches (approx. 2.5 square cm) ARI tested on. Where there were about 9-10 hairs in one of the patches, there are about 26-30 now. Significant increase, but not the density of 70-75 hairs per similar area on the sides of my head. But I'm due for another round of injections. They say theoretically, it should improve the results. We'll see. The reason for the long delay in the second round of injections is because they wanted to see if the new hairs have proper growth cycles.

Aderans method seams to work.The guy is indeed participant of aderans clinical trials.

Don't be so sure though, always the possibility he could be trolling.

Can someone please clarify the difference between replicel and aderans? Replicel uses the dcs and aderans uses.....? If they are using the papilla are the mouse ear pics from replicel an indication. Either seems very promising.