Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirby_
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
    Bosox, 30% regrowth and not another hair lost in 5 years time would do the trick perfectly for you.
    And, crucially, that would be a enormous deal better than all existing treatments.

None of these future treatments are going to be miracle cures, alas. But anything that we get on the market that is better than the existing Big 3 and HTs should be welcomed with open arms.

Comment

• Morbo
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
      And, crucially, that would be a enormous deal better than all existing treatments.

None of these future treatments are going to be miracle cures, alas. But anything that we get on the market that is better than the existing Big 3 and HTs should be welcomed with open arms.
      ²

Exactly.

Comment

• Kirby_
        • Jan 2012

MPB will be completely cured one day. Human ingenuity and the profit motive make that inevitable. However, that might (unfortunately) be possible in the next few decades. The improved treatments will be the 'bridge' towards that goal. If there's one thing we should all expect from life, it's progress.

Comment

• Jan 2012

MPB will be completely cured one day. Human ingenuity and the profit motive make that inevitable. However, that might (unfortunately) be possible in the next few decades. The improved treatments will be the 'bridge' towards that goal. If there's one thing we should all expect from life, it's progress.
          we're not waiting for a cure... better treatments will be just as good

Comment

• sausage
            • Jan 2012

Tell the Replicel people that I will happily take a huge dose of this stuff to see if it will actually fulfill decent thick results, it will save everyones time waiting and waiting, If it kills me who cares.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
              • Feb 2011

I respectfully disagree. Replicel has the potential to regrow a full head of hair and Histogen has the potential to at least give us enough of a head of hair that hair loss really wouldn't even be noticeable anymore.

Comment

• sausage
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                I respectfully disagree. Replicel has the potential to regrow a full head of hair and Histogen has the potential to at least give us enough of a head of hair that hair loss really wouldn't even be noticeable anymore.
                Let us all pray!!!!

I can't believe one injection of some fluid is going to cost £15,000 if it does work.

Watching MOTD here in England and Fergie and Wenger have thick full head of hair and they are on the verge of death. Here I am...I started balding at age 16 and have no hair, makes me sick!!!

Comment

• Sogeking
                  • Feb 2011

Agreed. These are all interim treatments. The real cure in a form of a pill or a topical which will somehow deactivate genes responsible for DHT sensitive hair, or make the hair follicels themselves DHT resistant is decades away.

The real highly effective tratment would be hair multiplication, something that Dr. Ronald Lauster is working on. However in a best case scenario this is 10-15 years away.

If Replicel treatment is compoundable with diminshing results it would still be possible to get back a fair amount of hair.
                  For us 20-30% regrowth is a moderate success and better than anything on the market currently.

However I am spouting speculation, hypothetical conjecture and my own hope. Which means squat.

I joined this forum last winter we had this same kind of exuburence and enthusiasm with results from Phase I trials of Histogen. A year later nothing has changed on that front.

What I am saying is even after phase I results we will still be in the dark. I am actually waiting for Replicel to finish Phase II trials. And then I can let my hope take over.

And if someone enters Phase II trials sooner, good for us.
                  I know it is tough guys, I am going NW2 and is an uneasy feeling, and I am betting on all of this. Currently it is a real long shot. But I am positive it will pay off .

Comment

• Jan 2012

not sure why everyone is talking about 20-30% regrowth.... that's only after ONE injection. What stops you from getting multiple injections? I doubt replicel results are limited

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                      • May 2011

My last comment on this until we get phase 1 results. My realistic hopes: Around 30% regrowth, compoundable (won't know until well into phase 2 I guess), permanent (i.e. you won't need periodic injections to keep that 30%), out by say 2016 and no more than $10,000 for 1 round.

If the price is high and the effects are transient I'm going to throw in the towel but let's stay positive. Let's hope for good results.

Comment

• sausage
                        • Jan 2012

Hair Transplant it is then.

If Replicel works in 4-5 years time then I will throw that in the mix, but I can't be bald for another 4-5 years personally.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                          What stops you from getting multiple injections? I doubt replicel results are limited
                          Around $15,000?

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                            • Feb 2011

I don't believe that Replicel and Histogen are necessarily developing "interim" treatments at all. Especially Replicel, whose goal would be to get back a full head of hair by creating new follicles and reviving damaged ones. Their 20-30% regrowth goal is just an initial benchmark to prove that it would be more effective than the crap that's out there today. According to their mission statement on their website, Replicel is looking to achieve much more than 20-30% regrowth. If Replicel proves to be effective, then the deactivation of genes that cause baldness would be a total non-issue, since the new hair that would be created would be from cells that were resistant to DHT (from the lower back of the head) in the first place.
                            Roland Lauster's hair multiplication program is not at all 10-15 years away in the best case scenario. Lauster himself even said in 2010 that his hair multiplication program was 5 years away. I believe that Lauster even said he could clone hair right now, but it was just thin vellous hair.
                            Also, I believe that Replicel's, Histogen's, and Aderans's methods would be much more effective than hair multiplication, assuming that they work. Even if hair could be cloned, it would still require multiple surgeries to implant enough hair to create a full head of hair. This would be very labor-intensive to surgically implant enough cloned hair to create a full head of hair. It would be much easier and less labor-intensive to do what Replicel, Histogen, and Aderans are doing by either inject cells to induce cellular hair regrowth or to inject chemicals that have been known to stimulate hair regrowth.
                            Anyway, here's to being optimistic to having a hair loss cure/effective treatment/something that puts a significant amount of hair back on our heads as soon as possible.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                              • Jan 2011

Is this stuff still 5 years away?

Comment

• WashedOut
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by sausage
                                Hair Transplant it is then.

If Replicel works in 4-5 years time then I will throw that in the mix, but I can't be bald for another 4-5 years personally.

Good luck to the rest of you.
                                Whether it works or not it was always going to be about 5 years away according to the CEO. Most of these treatments won't come for another 3 years at least due to the FDA and other factors. Best case scenario Aderans would be out in 2014.

Comment

Working...