+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 210 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

sometimes it seems like none of the big 3 have 5 day work weeks. I mean.. seriously... 5 days went by this week and nobody seems any farther along... hell its been what? 90 days since anyone released any news?--- even the usual shitty worthless news they put out...

what the hell do these people do between 9am and 5pm? I could solve baldness in under a year, given a degree in biology or research, and a 5 day work week.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    sometimes it seems like none of the big 3 have 5 day work weeks. I mean.. seriously... 5 days went by this week and nobody seems any farther along... hell its been what? 90 days since anyone released any news?--- even the usual shitty worthless news they put out...

what the hell do these people do between 9am and 5pm? I could solve baldness in under a year, given a degree in biology or research, and a 5 day work week.
    lol - i'm pretty sure you couldn't, but I'm totally feeling you re the lack of news, i was hoping for a christmas update... sigh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Replicel is a long way off compared to Histogen and Aderans.
    Depends on their results. Replicel did a lot of pre-clinical work, 10 years or so, so if they can come out in about March 2012 and show scalp results similar to the mouse ear results we've seen... I'd say that would leapfrog them ahead of Aderans and Histogen.

Aderans in particular have had to go back and do their Phase 2 trials again and again, apparently with slowly improving results. Histogen, well, who knows what's going on there, the last we heard suggested they were trialling multiple injections and follow-up injections.

So let's wait until Replicel release their results for this trial. Certainly they started off behind the other two, but with good results they could leapfrog ahead and possibly even move on to the next phase trial while Aderans and Histogen are stuck repeating their Phase IIs.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    When they say dormant hairs can be regenerated, does that apply to a bald scalp or just hair that is really thin and barely visible?
    It is my understanding that a dormant hair follicle is a hair follicle that does not produce any hair at all. It is also my understanding that Replicel’s treatment is expected to stimulate dormant hair follicles to produce hair again. It is also expected to rejuvinate miniaturized hair follicles to enlarge and return to normal terminal hair producing follicles - and it is expected to generate new hair follicles. In show biz this would be called a triple threat.

Folks don't seem to realize that Replicel has been working on resolving human hair loss for over nine years, with a determined focus on resolving female hair loss. They have been studying general hair regenerative medicine for even longer (over 20 years). They know a lot more about it than ya'll think. We may have just recently learned about Replicel but that does not mean they are new to this game. I don't know which biotech company will be first to market, but I feel Replicel has the best solution - especially for women. If it works half as well as expected, it is worth waiting for. I am no more an expect than anyone else participating in this thread, however I do not feel the wait will be as long as folks here are speculating.

On a side note: Just knowing that hair regeneration is on the horizon has relieved my stress over my own hair loss a great deal. That in and of itself is a very important part of recovering from hair loss.

Anyone else concerned about how Replicel's research seems to cater largely to a female audience, and as such may not develop an entirely appropriate solution for mpb?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Anyone else concerned about how Replicel's research seems to cater largely to a female audience, and as such may not develop an entirely appropriate solution for mpb?
    Perhaps they're just trying to include a market that isn't very well-comprised within currently-available (2011) therapies; on their Web site, at least, RepliCel does share a video featuring a prospective male (computer-animated) patient.

Their treatment should work on either gender.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Anyone else concerned about how Replicel's research seems to cater largely to a female audience?
    There is no reason to be. The desire to find a better solution for female hair loss is their motivation. The efficacy of Replicel's treatment should be the same - or close to the same - for both males and females.

Default Replicel

Guys...I've been lurking hairloss forums for over 6 years...reading about research papers...waiting for the cure for hair loss.....seen so many promises....counting the days for the cure to come. At some point I even thought about changing my degree to biomedical eng but ended with electrical eng instead lol (just to be on the safe side if I need money for the cure).

This is the only time I have decided to create an account in any hair loss forum at all to tell you to keep hope alive. I think replicel is the closest we are getting to a real cure (WITHIN OUR BALDING LIFETIME and by that I mean the lifetime of somebody with MPB if u know what i mean) and Replicel is going ALL OUT with their phase 1 trials.

SO FOR ALL YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES ABOUT "THE EFFECTIVENESS"(I might agree with some of the negative nancies about the release though :S ), YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY OR AT LEAST ENJOY THIS 3 MONTHS OF HOPE, EVEN IF IT'S FALSE. Replicel is the ONLY CURE YOU MIGHT SEE/BE ABLE TO USE IN YOUR MISERABLE LIFETIMES.

However there are things that concern me...how will they market this, If they will market this after Phase 2, AND IF they will publish the effectiveness ...even if it's very successful, there will be probably something affecting their market release too. I know bald celebrities will pay Gazillions and are reading this forum as we speak too...

That's where I'm being a negative nancy...as for the effectiveness Im sure it's working as we speak...but might not be the real problem.

'Till April 2012 Guys.

You know if this really works Spencer can help Replicel provide the treatment through the best IAHRS clinics. H&W, Rahal, Feller, Shapiro bros, Feriduni etc. I think it would be in the best interest for the patient anway but we'll what happens. That would be a safe platform to get it out to the public initially. That would be my hope.