+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 210 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Inactive

I think hairsite is sending its spies or something :-)

When they say dormant hairs can be regenerated, does that apply to a bald scalp or just hair that is really thin and barely visible?

I really hope Replicel can help bald scalps, as of now I have a full head of hair, but its thinning at a fast pace I'm afraid by the time Replicel is available I won't be able to benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    When they say dormant hairs can be regenerated, does that apply to a bald scalp or just hair that is really thin and barely visible?

I really hope Replicel can help bald scalps, as of now I have a full head of hair, but its thinning at a fast pace I'm afraid by the time Replicel is available I won't be able to benefit from it.
    Replicel is a long way off compared to Histogen and Aderans.

I disagree, I don't think that Replicel is that much further off than Aderans or Histogen. I understand that Aderans and Histogen may be further along in their clinical trials, but I think Replicel has a far more potent and well-researched method than Aderans. The main reason why Aderans's trials have taken so long is because their their clinical trials haven't produced very significant results (I think like 14 hairs per sq/cm). And the hairs that it produced were white and didn't grow in a pattern the way normal hair grows. Granted, 14 hairs are better than no hairs, but 14 hairs is not nearly enough to satisfy any clinical trial for effectiveness (and I think part of Phase II is to prove that the technology is at least somewhat effective). Plus, Replicel's technology promises to do a lot more than Aderans's. I remember when Aderans first started its clinical trials and Washenik said in an interview that its technology would not be able to replace, but instead would be used in conjunction with, the results of a hair transplant. But Replicel is convinced that their technology will totally do away with the need to get a hair transplant, by not only growing new hair follicles but also by repairing damaged follicles that can no longer produce cosmetically significant hair. Therefore, I think that although maybe Aderans's treatment will come out first, I don't think Replicel's treatment will be that far behind. That being said, I am totally glad that there is more than one company working to cure hair loss; that creates competition to produce the best hair loss cure and causes companies not to languish and become complacent in their clinical trials. Although I do believe that whichever company comes out with their treatment first will probably make the most money and receive the most publicity (which is a great incentive for these companies to keep working hard to push through clinical trials), I agree with you when you said in previous posts that there is room for many companies to make millions of dollars with various hair loss treatments. Hair loss is a problem that negatively affects the lives of millions of people and I'm sure many people (including myself) would pay for multiple treatments if it would regrow more of our hair.
    I actually have more confidence in Histogen than I do in Aderans. Histogen has produce more significant hair growth in clinical trials, and since they are conducting their trials outside of the U.S., they won't be bogged down by certain unnecessary FDA regulations, and can thereby release their treatment much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I disagree, I don't think that Replicel is that much further off than Aderans or Histogen. I understand that Aderans and Histogen may be further along in their clinical trials, but I think Replicel has a far more potent and well-researched method than Aderans. The main reason why Aderans's trials have taken so long is because their their clinical trials haven't produced very significant results (I think like 14 hairs per sq/cm). And the hairs that it produced were white and didn't grow in a pattern the way normal hair grows. Granted, 14 hairs are better than no hairs, but 14 hairs is not nearly enough to satisfy any clinical trial for effectiveness (and I think part of Phase II is to prove that the technology is at least somewhat effective). Plus, Replicel's technology promises to do a lot more than Aderans's. I remember when Aderans first started its clinical trials and Washenik said in an interview that its technology would not be able to replace, but instead would be used in conjunction with, the results of a hair transplant. But Replicel is convinced that their technology will totally do away with the need to get a hair transplant, by not only growing new hair follicles but also by repairing damaged follicles that can no longer produce cosmetically significant hair. Therefore, I think that although maybe Aderans's treatment will come out first, I don't think Replicel's treatment will be that far behind. That being said, I am totally glad that there is more than one company working to cure hair loss; that creates competition to produce the best hair loss cure and causes companies not to languish and become complacent in their clinical trials. Although I do believe that whichever company comes out with their treatment first will probably make the most money and receive the most publicity (which is a great incentive for these companies to keep working hard to push through clinical trials), I agree with you when you said in previous posts that there is room for many companies to make millions of dollars with various hair loss treatments. Hair loss is a problem that negatively affects the lives of millions of people and I'm sure many people (including myself) would pay for multiple treatments if it would regrow more of our hair.
    I actually have more confidence in Histogen than I do in Aderans. Histogen has produce more significant hair growth in clinical trials, and since they are conducting their trials outside of the U.S., they won't be bogged down by certain unnecessary FDA regulations, and can thereby release their treatment much quicker.
    It's nice that you think that.

Unfortunately nothing I've seen or heard make me think that you are talking any sense whatsoever. Replicel havent even got 1 human result back. They still might get back to us in 6 months and say "sorry no hairs have grown on humans... but its great for balding mice ears...."

How the hell is that further down the track then Histogen or Aderans dude???

Replicel is more or less going all out in their Phase I trials. We will probably have a rather clear idea about them once those results are released.

Quote Originally Posted by re22 View Post
    Replicel is more or less going all out in their Phase I trials. We will probably have a rather clear idea about them once those results are released.
    Q1 2012, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    It's nice that you think that.

Unfortunately nothing I've seen or heard make me think that you are talking any sense whatsoever. Replicel havent even got 1 human result back. They still might get back to us in 6 months and say "sorry no hairs have grown on humans... but its great for balding mice ears...."

How the hell is that further down the track then Histogen or Aderans dude???
    First of all dude, don't tell I'm not talking any sense whatsoever. That's total ****in bullshit talk man. Read what I said dude, I never said that Replicel was further along than Histogen or Aderans. In fact, I even said that Aderans's treatment would probably come out first, but that Replicel would not be far behind. Although Replicel's treatment hasn't been tested on humans yet, their expectations are far beyond anything that has been claimed by anyone else in the past (Osteoscreen, and even Aderans themselves). They claim that their treatment will not only create new follicles but repair damages ones as well; this was never even expected or claimed from anyone else. For this reason, amongst others, I really think that their technology will exceed 14 hairs per sq/cm very easily. Maybe this is just speculation, but I really think that Replicel will live up to expectations. But you're right that nothing is proven just yet, so that's why I said that Aderans's treatment will be released first, but I don't think that Replicel will be far behind them, especially since they won't be bogged down by useless FDA regulations.

On paper, Aderans may look like like they are ahead of everyone b/c they are in Phase II. But, as far as we know, they are in Phase II without an effective treatment. From all we can tell, they are simply experimenting inside Phase II for a cellular combination that grows more than scraggly hairs. I wouldn't consider being in Phase II without an effective product much of an advantage over someone in Phase I. We have 4 main companies in the hunt and they are all essentially research companies at this point until one of them comes thru with solid evidence (pictures) verifying a breakthru. I believe the first to have that breakthru will be closer to market than any of the others, regardless of what Phase of testing they are currently in. But until we have that breakthru, timelines mean nothing. All we know now is that Replicel has put a date on when the results of their first human tests will be available and they have an air of confidence. So this is a real and tangible possibility that we can choose to get excited about. But any of the other 3 could be just as close (or just as far depending upon your mindset) to making an announcement about their results. We may be very close or we may still be far. But we have 4 companies making a big effort to find a solution to a problem we are all desperate for and they are working with exponentially more research knowledge that anyone had 5 years ago. As we have seen, you can evaluate all of this any way you like (almost there, no closer than ever, everything is a conspiracy theory) but it my book there are some very good things going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    On paper, Aderans may look like like they are ahead of everyone b/c they are in Phase II. But, as far as we know, they are in Phase II without an effective treatment. From all we can tell, they are simply experimenting inside Phase II for a cellular combination that grows more than scraggly hairs. I wouldn't consider being in Phase II without an effective product much of an advantage over someone in Phase I. We have 4 main companies in the hunt and they are all essentially research companies at this point until one of them comes thru with solid evidence (pictures) verifying a breakthru. I believe the first to have that breakthru will be closer to market than any of the others, regardless of what Phase of testing they are currently in. But until we have that breakthru, timelines mean nothing. All we know now is that Replicel has put a date on when the results of their first human tests will be available and they have an air of confidence. So this is a real and tangible possibility that we can choose to get excited about. But any of the other 3 could be just as close (or just as far depending upon your mindset) to making an announcement about their results. We may be very close or we may still be far. But we have 4 companies making a big effort to find a solution to a problem we are all desperate for and they are working with exponentially more research knowledge that anyone had 5 years ago. As we have seen, you can evaluate all of this any way you like (almost there, no closer than ever, everything is a conspiracy theory) but it my book there are some very good things going on.
    Nicely put