+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 210 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Ah well, we got a couple years ahead of us in which we hopefully will hear some developments. I don't really believe any of the timelines out there (especially Replicel being available in 2015... yeah right!) but if we have at least a bit of luck, at least one of the the new treatments will be confirmed for realease at some point in the future, and combined with a good HT it'd be a great advancement.
    Well, whatever the case may be with regards to (expected) release of any potential future treatment, for better or worse none of them are too far away from us now.

If Replicel produces good results in regrowing hair and it does prove to be only a couple of years away then it would be a huge weight off my mind knowing that, no matter what happens, I can regain what I have lost.

KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1982 View Post
    Well, whatever the case may be with regards to (expected) release of any potential future treatment, for better or worse none of them are too far away from us now.

If Replicel produces good results in regrowing hair and it does prove to be only a couple of years away then it would be a huge weight off my mind knowing that, no matter what happens, I can regain what I have lost.

KJ.
    Thats a big assumption though because none of us really know what kind of results to expect from Replicel. Of course, I'm only playing devils advocate but only because their Phase I safety trials proved to be very disappointing. However, Phase II results will give us a much better picture. Lets hope they get some serious results

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    where? I don't see it
    Mybad. It was on the Replicel Facebook site that I got that piece about "why only men this time". Sorry. They all look similar I guess. Anyway it seems to be posted there in another area of the site too. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Thats a big assumption though because none of us really know what kind of results to expect from Replicel. Of course, I'm only playing devils advocate but only because their Phase I safety trials proved to be very disappointing. However, Phase II results will give us a much better picture. Lets hope they get some serious results
    Oh, of course; it's a huge assumption on my part.

However, at the risk of stating the obvious it has to be said that to form a conclusion based around Phase I trial data is rather premature; Phase I trials are only intended to establish whether or not a treatment is safe. As you said, Phase II results shall give us a much clearer understanding as to the potential efficacy of this new treatment.

Besides, even if it's established that this proposed treatment doesn't hold the key to reversing hair loss we will still have valuable data that could prove essential to finding the actual solution further on down the line.

As Thomas Edison once said, "I have not failed. I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work."

I understand that those words will provide little comfort to some, though every step we take, whatever the result, is a step in the right direction and brings us closer to solving this problem once and for all.

Oh, of course; it's a huge assumption on my part.

However, at the risk of stating the obvious it has to be said that to form a conclusion based around Phase I trial data is rather premature; Phase I trials are only intended to establish whether or not a treatment is safe. As you said, Phase II results shall give us a much clearer understanding as to the potential efficacy of this new treatment.

Besides, even if it's established that this proposed treatment doesn't hold the key to reversing hair loss we will still have valuable data that could prove essential to finding the actual solution further on down the line.

As Thomas Edison once said, "I have not failed. I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work."

I understand that those words will provide little comfort to some, though every step we take, whatever the result, is a step in the right direction and brings us closer to solving this problem once and for all.
    I honestly see no point in going through with efforts from Aderans, Histogen or Replicel... or all combined when we know Dr. Roland Lauster has cultured follicles WITH hair in a petri dish. All the others are now rendered useless by Dr. Lauster's holy grail so why are there still efforts being made with the other guys when we know we've got a legitimate solution?

Now I know the other guys want money at this point, but in an ideal world all efforts would be made towards Dr. Lausters work and get it out the door.

I honestly see no point in going through with efforts from Aderans, Histogen or Replicel... or all combined when we know Dr. Roland Lauster has cultured follicles WITH hair in a petri dish. All the others are now rendered useless by Dr. Lauster's holy grail so why are there still efforts being made with the other guys when we know we've got a legitimate solution?

Now I know the other guys want money at this point, but in an ideal world all efforts would be made towards Dr. Lausters work and get it out the door.
    Oh, I agree totally; Dr. Lauster has done what others have not and, so far as we can see, has the solution.

However, as you said, people are out to make money; this is, after all, a business. Perhaps those companies that we know of are seeking to get their products out before Dr. Lauster brings his method to market? Perhaps they consider their treatment(s) as a temporary solution until a more permanent treatment is available? Or perhaps they have already anticipated the availability of a procedure such as Dr. Lauster's becoming commercially available and are aiming at a totally different market...?

Whatever the case, short of asking those behind the treatments directly why they're dedicating such vast resources and sums of money to what seems to be, at this moment in time, a "pointless" (and I use the term loosely) pursuit we shall never know.

I'm just glad that there are numerous treatments in development, whatever the outcome.

Why doesn't someone contact Dr Lauster to ask what he's currently up to. I found his email online (this is publicly available) Roland.Lauster@TU-Berlin.de

I'm not sure if he speaks English though

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Why doesn't someone contact Dr Lauster to ask what he's currently up to. I found his email online (this is publicly available) Roland.Lauster@TU-Berlin.de

I'm not sure if he speaks English though
    I may be mistaken, garethbale, but I'm sure that I've read that people have tried contacting Dr. Lauster and that he has not replied.

Why that may be remains a mystery but I suspect that it may have something to do with the fact that the Berlin Technical University is involved with his research; perhaps he is not allowed to reply, instead having the university deal with enquiries via their press/media department?

I may be mistaken, garethbale, but I'm sure that I've read that people have tried contacting Dr. Lauster and that he has not replied.

Why that may be remains a mystery but I suspect that it may have something to do with the fact that the Berlin Technical University is involved with his research; perhaps he is not allowed to reply, instead having the university deal with enquiries via their press/media department?
    I doubt he would respond separately to individuals, it would probably be done offficially through the university, as you say. Whatever the reason, his lack of response doesn't surprise me.

Wasn't the hair grown a mouse hair though? I read that they had accomplished creation of a mouse's follicle and that they were going to start on human follicles (the article was dated Dec 2010).

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Wasn't the hair grown a mouse hair though? I read that they had accomplished creation of a mouse's follicle and that they were going to start on human follicles (the article was dated Dec 2010).
    So far as I can remember (meaning I may be wrong), to the best of my knowledge that was indeed the case, yes.

It's a shame that no more has been heard about the matter, but I'm very much hoping that research is continuing for hair restoration applications; the research also has potential uses regarding pharmaceutical testing, etc.