+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 210 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    They're not going to release any 12 month data. At least not according to what David Hall said in the last presentation they gave for Rodman and Renshaw. He said the next data point for I/II was going to be 24 months.

I could've swore they had listed their timepoints as 6, 12, and 24 months. Maybe i'm mistaken, but i don't think so.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't see the Rodman and Renshaw presentation.

They definitely did list their original timepoints as 6, 12 and 24. They've obviously changed it - which seems bizarre. Maybe they want to focus all their efforts on the Phase IIb. But it's a big loss IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    If there was a known way of "stopping it from binding to the hair follicile" then baldness would be cured.

Antiandrogens don't do that, anti-androgens inhibit the production of DHT, therefore "DHT is our friend!" and "antiandrogen" run counter to each other.

If you're PRO DHT, you are anti anti-androgen effectively. DHT is the strongest of all androgenic conversions from testosterone.
    Not quite. 5AR inhibitors inhibit the production of DHT. But they aren't really anti-androgens in the true sense of the word, they anti-5AR drugs. True anti-androgens do stop androgens binding to the androgen receptor in the hair follicle, usually by competing antagonistically (ie blocking the receptor without activating it). A true anti-androgen will work on both T and DHT.

Unfortunately, stopping it binding to the hair follicle doesn't cure it like you suggested. It will stop hair loss progressing if you use it early enough, but regrowth will be limited, and we now think that is because the PGD2 remains even after the androgens are blocked.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

The basic point is " to confirm treatment" meaning its EFFICACY.
    You cannot snap photos to post to the public midway through a full blown medical STUDY.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    dude i can almost see this stock crashing, would love to profit from this, but dont know how!

It's called buying a put option on REPCF, although I doubt you can find a place to do it on a penny stock.

http://www.cnsx.ca/Page.asp?PageID=2013&AA_RecordID=462

Heres the company on the Canadian Stock Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Thanks for the info. I didn't see the Rodman and Renshaw presentation.

They definitely did list their original timepoints as 6, 12 and 24. They've obviously changed it - which seems bizarre. Maybe they want to focus all their efforts on the Phase IIb. But it's a big loss IMO.

Not quite. 5AR inhibitors inhibit the production of DHT. But they aren't really anti-androgens in the true sense of the word, they anti-5AR drugs. True anti-androgens do stop androgens binding to the androgen receptor in the hair follicle, usually by competing antagonistically (ie blocking the receptor without activating it). A true anti-androgen will work on both T and DHT.

Unfortunately, stopping it binding to the hair follicle doesn't cure it like you suggested. It will stop hair loss progressing if you use it early enough, but regrowth will be limited, and we now think that is because the PGD2 remains even after the androgens are blocked.
    Yea man that's what I was saying. My point was that fin is not necessary to regrow hair. You need anti androgen to stop, growth factor to repair, and PGD2 to create an environment in which you will actually grow hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Yea man that's what I was saying. My point was that fin is not necessary to regrow hair. You need anti androgen to stop, growth factor to repair, and PGD2 to create an environment in which you will actually grow hair.
    I dont even think we need to go through all those stages, the answer to hair loss is stuck on the back of all our heads. All we need to do is create a therapy like replicels in which we can replicate the immune hairs on the back of the head, combine it with a HT and there you have it.... NW7 to NW1.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I dont even think we need to go through all those stages, the answer to hair loss is stuck on the back of all our heads. All we need to do is create a therapy like replicels in which we can replicate the immune hairs on the back of the head, combine it with a HT and there you have it.... NW7 to NW1.
    Not sure if you know the answer to this, but do donor area hairs behave the same way as the original hairs? I seem to remember something about how they fall differently and feel different, also distinctly remember Scissorboy saying that in his video on Gho. That's my biggest hesitation when it comes to HTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Not sure if you know the answer to this, but do donor area hairs behave the same way as the original hairs? I seem to remember something about how they fall differently and feel different, also distinctly remember Scissorboy saying that in his video on Gho. That's my biggest hesitation when it comes to HTs.
    The difference is slight - and in all honesty - id choose a full head of donor hair over baldness any day of the week. From looking at how people are able to style their hair after a HT, the only issues preventing them from looking completely natural IMHO are either awful jobs on the side of the surgeon or simply rubbish coverage (eg poor survival rate of grafts).

I just wish we could get to a stage where we could get a HT done, say 3000 grafts, then go in a week later for injections until we're happy with the density/coverage. For decades surgeons and patients have understood the prime problem with treating hair loss is limited donor, the 'type' of hair hasnt been a major factor preventing them from proceeding to address this central issue.

Then again, we'd all love to walk into a chemist, get a tub of "NeverBald" and wake up as a NW1. I just prefer to take interest in what seems more realistically plausible.

I was actually going to add what you just said at the end of my comment. I rather just get a full coverage HT then have to deal with a bunch of different topical s or injections. It would be annoying and constantly draining your pockets. With cloning of donor hair a full coverage HT should not be THAT expensive, compared to extracting thousands of grafts.