+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 210 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Lol they have lasted past the two year mark - how do you know that the results have declined?
    two years is expected. Anagen phase lasts about 2-3 years.

Maybe Gail Naughton will come on the show and say "yes the first patients are still experiencing stable hair growth" - what will you say then?
    I'll be happy I guess but until then...

And plz name me another treatment that you use ONCE and then experience hair growth for 2 years?
    anything from here should work:
    http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...rowth-factors/

thymosin B4 is getting excellent results already. Some clinics in Europe are already using it

Can you and Iron_Man please find me a COX-2 inhibitor that can do that?
    dude I don't pay attention to anything Iron Man writes. He's a troll.

I doubt it.
    Reversal of male-pattern baldness, hypertrichosis, and accelerated hair and nail growth in patients receiving benoxaprofen.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...2/?pageindex=1

Regarding your comments about "the HSC not used in bald spots" - in all honesty, some of the pictures at baseline, the hair looked pretty shit to me - you could see copious amounts of vellus hair that looked like they had endured years of being raped by DHT - and all of a sudden 6 months later they were glowing terminal hairs and had new hairs surrounding them. I call that a win.
    that's great but I hope the results would be permanent(assuming you take care of androgens)

That's my WHOLE POINT - you dont know if the results are permanent, you dont know if they're going to last 2 years or 8 years or 800 years.

lololol@benoxaprofen

You are taking me way back to the mid-1990's when this was a massive rage... the new panacea to cure hair loss.. low and behold we are still all waiting for Histogen update.

That article is also from 1983 - could you not find something a little more up to date? Please dont pull up rubbish from 30 years ago - I remember all of this garbage a decade plus ago and it never led to anything. If I had a penny for the number of articles that mention a certain drug caused side effect of hair growth LOL.

Thanks for the nostalgia 2020, but this bullshit wont work. I do like how you're thinking about different angles to treat hair loss, Ive never knocked you on that.

And please you dont have to dissect my post and comment like that, it just makes you look like a debate queen.

That's my WHOLE POINT - you dont know if the results are permanent, you dont know if they're going to last 2 years or 8 years or 800 years.

lololol@benoxaprofen

You are taking me way back to the mid-1990's when this was a massive rage... the new panacea to cure hair loss.. low and behold we are still all waiting for Histogen update.

That article is also from 1983 - could you not find something a little more up to date? Please dont pull up rubbish from 30 years ago - I remember all of this garbage a decade plus ago and it never led to anything. If I had a penny for the number of articles that mention a certain drug caused side effect of hair growth LOL.

Thanks for the nostalgia 2020, but this bullshit wont work. I do like how you're thinking about different angles to treat hair loss, Ive never knocked you on that.

And please you dont have to dissect my post and comment like that, it just makes you look like a debate queen.
    The problem with 2020 is that he knows his shit, but he cant seem to decide which treatment to take.

One minute it is equol, the next it is benoxaprofen, then something else etc etc The burst of knowledge ends up becoming counter productive, and leaves readers confused.

2020, I have also said this before. Leave HSC to Histogen, if they are clever enough to get this far, then I think you should have a bit more faith in them. They know what they are doing. And probably recognise the pitfalls you are going on about.

They are not arm chair spectators.

I dont think an article from 1983 justifies a belief that a drug can reverse MPB - if there were a drug that truly worked it would be all over the front pages, it certainly wouldnt have gone unnoticed for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    One minute it is equol, the next it is benoxaprofen, then something else etc etc The burst of knowledge ends up becoming counter productive, and leaves readers confused.
    benoxaprofen will kill you so I wasn't suggesting for anyone to start taking it just making a point how some anti-inflammatories are capable of reversing MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    2020, I have also said this before. Leave HSC to Histogen, if they are clever enough to get this far, then I think you should have a bit more faith in them. They know what they are doing. And probably recognise the pitfalls you are going on about.
    I'm pretty much just documenting my findings here. I have no agenda. I pray that Histogen works but there is just so many unknowns that their treatment could go either way. Those pictures they have don't really prove much. Minoxidil has good pictures too but their treatment as we know now is crap

I dont think an article from 1983 justifies a belief that a drug can reverse MPB - if there were a drug that truly worked it would be all over the front pages, it certainly wouldnt have gone unnoticed for 30 years.
    yeah they're lying...

one guy in that study had baldness for 30 years and benoxaprofen reversed it and the growth stayed when he started taking a reduced dose
    some guy on HLH regrew all of his hair on sulfazine.
    there is a study how botox improves hair density.
    thymosin already grows like crazy for those who can use it

what do all these treatments have in common? They all downregulate inflammation. Combine that with the newest study that found excessive levels of PGD2 and this all becomes obvious.

Yeah but how does any of that translate into growing new follicles on a slick bald scalp? - that's what you're after isnt it?

You're telling me an anti-inflammatory will grow hair on a NW7? That's wishful thinking.

If you're just after improved density then you should be happy with Histogens result.

We dont need some PGD2 blocker Follica are a complete let-down - what happened to their 2008 promises about 5 years they will have a wound-healing compound to cure hair loss?

We need something like Team Tokyo who are creating punk rocker mice with human hair:

Yeah but how does any of that translate into growing new follicles on a slick bald scalp? - that's what you're after isnt it?

You're telling me an anti-inflammatory will grow hair on a NW7? That's wishful thinking.
    it will grow some hairs on a nw7 scalp and over time may restore more hairs.

and the following is how it probably works to regrow hair on nw7 scalps -> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5382172.stm

sulfasazine (a similar drug to benaxoprofen) has been shown to reverse crihosis of the liver which is scarring/fibrosis of the liver. We know fibrosis is present in balding scalps if anything this has been further proven by dr costerlais's pgd2 study.

the future mass market cure will reverse fibrosis for nw7s and then stimulate the hairs to cycle normally.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post

and the following is how it probably works to regrow hair on nw7 scalps -> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5382172.stm

sulfasazine (a similar drug to benaxoprofen) has been shown to reverse crihosis of the liver which is scarring/fibrosis of the liver. We know fibrosis is present in balding scalps if anything this has been further proven by dr costerlais's pgd2 study.

the future mass market cure will reverse fibrosis for nw7s and then stimulate the hairs to cycle normally.
    bingo! unless HSC also repairs and downregulates inflammation, their treatment will fail long term.

I can't believe no one has tried taking sulfasazine. It's actually a very safe drug

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post

Do you have any research to back up these claims? How do you know reversal of fibrosis will lead to the growth of new hair? You say it will grow "some" hairs - how much is "some"? Because im sure you need approx 80,000 hairs to come anywhere near a NW2 look - does "some" equate to around 50 vellus hairs? lol.

Sounds like a bunch of "dream talk" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    bingo! unless HSC also repairs and downregulates inflammation, their treatment will fail long term.

I can't believe no one has tried taking sulfasazine. It's actually a very safe drug
    we already know histogen works, it grew hair in the temple regions which is the first area to be affected by fibrosis and the reason why results with minoxidil and propecia are not so good. We can only assume that it reverses this and personally i beleive it reverses it 100%.

hairs de-generate (upregulateion of cox 2 expression) and re-generate (downregulation of cox-2 ) under the influence of dht/androgens -> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14632179

in scar tissue or fibrotic tissue you will most likley ALSO find excess cox 2 levels -> http://umdnj.technologypublisher.com/technology/5408

hence why blocking cox 2 levels (may) leads to regeneration of this "fibrotic tissue" i.e scarless healing and is probably the reason why benaxoprofen regrew hair over time. AND the reason why crihosis of the liver reverses itself.

you can think of the hair follicle as scarring itself when it sheds and then unscarring itself when it wants to grow a new hair, due to excess dht/androgens the follcile scars itself more than it wants to unscar itself leading to thinning hair and eventually forces it to go into dormancy i.e a vellus hair. where the same process still occurs leading to a build up of scar tissue around the follicle.