+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 210 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Right. And can you prove ANY of those assumptions? No. So I would rather believe the words of the people who are actually DOING the study than some naysaying negative nobody on a forum.

Your comment about "growth factors being secreted all the time on the scalp which means Histogen blah blah blah" is lunacy - Histogen have recreated a bioengineered process that mimics the cellular environment during embryogenesis, that is, the time before you even resemble a ****ing human being. This environment is not "always on your scalp" - it happens ONCE and only once, unless you revert to being a fetus every weekend like some kind of alien.

Histogen naysayers please visit the following site and stay there:

http://www.*************/

hahahahahhahhaha!!!

nicely put... but whatever you say i like both you guys

Right well its saturday.. which can only mean one thing... FETUS TIME!!!

See you all on monday with a NW1!!!

Right well its saturday.. which can only mean one thing... FETUS TIME!!!

See you all on monday with a NW1!!!
    Making fetus time?

Boom!! Now thats what all us balding bros should be doing on the weekend :P

Right. And can you prove ANY of those assumptions? No. So I would rather believe the words of the people who are actually DOING the study than some naysaying negative nobody on a forum.
    Actually he's pretty much right about the first part, and Histogen wouldn't disagree.

He is right that they haven't proven they can grow new follicles in vivo because they haven't tested it on bald scalp - they have only tested it in areas of thinning where all the follicles are still producing hair, but vellus hair. The increase in hair count is most likely just because the terminal hairs are in anagen for so much longer, so more hairs are in anagen at any one time.

I would actually be kind of worried if HSC was producing new follicles in this situation because it would mean the follicle density in the skin actually increased above what it was at birth! Much better that in this situation, HSC just migrates to the existing follicles and reverses the miniaturisation.

When they get around to testing it on bald scalp, then we'll see if they are making new follicles - or possibly if they perfect HSC to the stage where they can prove HSC-treated areas have a higher FU density than hair in the permanent zone.

I think he's actually also technically correct that the growth factors are present in the scalp all the time too - it's just that HSC recreates the embryonic environment where they are present in much greater concentrations. But obviously to say it "isn't anything new" is a distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Actually he's pretty much right about the first part, and Histogen wouldn't disagree.

He is right that they haven't proven they can grow new follicles in vivo because they haven't tested it on bald scalp - they have only tested it in areas of thinning where all the follicles are still producing hair, but vellus hair. The increase in hair count is most likely just because the terminal hairs are in anagen for so much longer, so more hairs are in anagen at any one time.

I would actually be kind of worried if HSC was producing new follicles in this situation because it would mean the follicle density in the skin actually increased above what it was at birth! Much better that in this situation, HSC just migrates to the existing follicles and reverses the miniaturisation.

When they get around to testing it on bald scalp, then we'll see if they are making new follicles - or possibly if they perfect HSC to the stage where they can prove HSC-treated areas have a higher FU density than hair in the permanent zone.

I think he's actually also technically correct that the growth factors are present in the scalp all the time too - it's just that HSC recreates the embryonic environment where they are present in much greater concentrations. But obviously to say it "isn't anything new" is a distortion.
    It is one of the best interests of any company NOT TO TEST on a BALD SCALP.

I was very happy when I asked replicel where they were injecting their stuff and they told me on NW3's temples but they LIED to me. It went downhill from then.

Just forget about companies injecting on bald scalps especially those that do not involve HM. At this point, I don't consider Replicel HM. It will be without doubt hair rejuvenation.

huh? They never actually mentioned in any of their studies that they grew BRAND NEW FOLLICLES. It is just implied on their out-of-date website...

Your comment about "growth factors being secreted all the time on the scalp which means Histogen blah blah blah" is lunacy - Histogen have recreated a bioengineered process that mimics the cellular environment during embryogenesis, that is, the time before you even resemble a ****ing human being. This environment is not "always on your scalp" - it happens ONCE and only once, unless you revert to being a fetus every weekend like some kind of alien.
    unfortunately that's wrong.... Wnt, VEGF and some others are always being secreted by your body naturally in order to maintain hair in anagen phase. No growth factors -> hair can't reach active phase.

That's why I'm suspicious on how long will these HSC results last since they're not fixing the main problem

NOTHING IS MISSING, IT'S BROKEN!

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    huh? They never actually mentioned in any of their studies that they grew BRAND NEW FOLLICLES. It is just implied on their out-of-date website...

unfortunately that's wrong.... Wnt, VEGF and some others are always being secreted by your body naturally in order to maintain hair in anagen phase. No growth factors -> hair can't reach active phase.

That's why I'm suspicious on how long will these HSC results last since they're not fixing the main problem

Gotta agree with ya. Let's just hope it lasts a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post

Im not saying they did say they outright created new follicles - Gail Naughton stated she BELIEVED HSC was creating new follicles from stem cells already in the scalp. Dr Ziering also stated he believed HSC may be reactivating the dormant hair follicles that still retain their original stem cells but are not producing the needed progenitor cells. Now im not saying his word is gospel, im not saying anyones word is gospel, I just choose to prefer the opinions of people who know what they're talking about as opposed to negative naysayers who should be on HairSite.

Before 2011, did you even know that bald scalps retain their stem cells? Did anyone on here know that? NO... so why should I believe the negative opinions of the people on here regarding Histogen?

I dont deny that they have not proved they can grow new follicles in vivo, nobody is saying they can - I only mentioned a difference in hair count, but you cant stipulate with 100% certainty that there were no new follicles created just like I cant stipulate with 100% certainty that new follicles WERE created - that's my only point.

The point about "the growth factors being present all the time" is complete rubbish - I dont know why you cant understand this, I KNOW that wnt proteins and everything used in HSC are all used/upregulated in areas of the body (e.g. wound healing & CANCER!), but so are stem cells for the kidney, however, to grow a new kidney you still need to extract the right stem cells, create a viable scaffold and nurture the growth of the cells with the exact compounds in the exact same pattern as the body does during neogenesis. It's not as simple as them "just being there"...

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post

I dont know why you cant understand this, I KNOW that wnt proteins and everything used in HSC are all used/upregulated in areas of the body (e.g. wound healing & CANCER!), but so are stem cells for the kidney, however, to grow a new kidney you still need to extract the right stem cells, create a viable scaffold and nurture the growth of the cells with the exact compounds in the exact same pattern as the body does during neogenesis. It's not as simple as them "just being there"...

Although the compounds that created and developed every organ in your body are always present in the body throughout your lifetime, your organs dont seem to possess the magical ability to completely regenerate themselves when damaged, what gives? If the compounds that created them are there, why have they become so shit at doing a job they were once masters at?

Biology is more complicated than you think.

What is replicel?