+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 210 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Those results are pathetic.
    I don't know if I should laugh or cry when looking at them.

I think if that person's hair grew out you would hardly even notice that section was balding.

That said, it's definitely the same area and there is definitely a substantial increase in vellus hairs. All depends on whether those hairs become terminal.

But if their best result is growing small amounts of hair on an already basically full-coverage scalp, they have problems. If those new hairs don't become terminal at 12 months, they have real problems.

I think what people need to remember is that growing hair takes a long time. in the second picture there seems to be an increase in thin hairs, which will thicken (hopefully) over time. if you think when a baby is born, they have really thin wispy hair and this soon thickens in 18 - 24 months....we just have to be patient.

I think a lot of people are comparing to Histogen which showed a cosmetic difference in only 3 months. This is a totally different approach than histogen, and we just have to have patience.

Well said JPM, some folk want a pic of an afro created from a small dose of Replicel, on a Norwood 5 before they truly believe the science.

I don't know why people expected to see much regrowth at 6 months. All treatments at the moment usually don't show any cosmetic difference at 6 months (fin, minox etc) so why would people assume replicel would have a cosmetic difference at 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I don't know why people expected to see much regrowth at 6 months. All treatments at the moment usually don't show any cosmetic difference at 6 months (fin, minox etc) so why would people assume replicel would have a cosmetic difference at 6 months.
    I agree, I see alot more new thin hairs which could turn terminal in 12 months.

I agree with positive comments... it's just too early to give opinions atm...

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    Right you are. People are impatient, myself included but you hit the nail on the head. It took years to loose, it may take years to get it back. Lets hope they find a way to speed up the process. I'm already bald, i'm getting older and I can't take it anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    Right you are. People are impatient, myself included but you hit the nail on the head. It took years to loose, it may take years to get it back. Lets hope they find a way to speed up the process. I'm already bald, i'm getting older and I can't take it anymore....
    Yes exactly, nobody here can outright deny that the new follicles go into a resting phase before entering anagen, we all know how Finasteride works... dont we?... naysayers?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    The reason Finasteride and Minoxidil can take as long as they do is because they have to work up to their potential. Hence the reason you lose what you gained when you stop taking them.

Directly creating a new follicile that is immune or "immunizing" existing will directly lead to normal growth cycles. It won't have to "build up to" anything. It will just be.