+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Just a quick question, would you personally feel safe being part of a Histogen clinical trial? I sometimes wonder about it myself...
    I don't know about others but I wouldn't want a part in any of the clinical trials. I'll happily take the finished product when they've perfected it but not until then.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Man, if this was Histogen, I would've signed in in a second. No biopsies or punching, and nothing but potential benefits.
    At the moment beggars can't be chooses. A 4mm punch biopsy won't be so bad if it means a significant amount of hair will grow back and will have . Also Spencer seems really taken by them, so I hope that counts for something.

And something else I ask myself: Are the cells still multiplying under the scalp? Maybe I'm in a total wrong direction, but isn't there a risk to get cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    And something else I ask myself: Are the cells still multiplying under the scalp? Maybe I'm in a total wrong direction, but isn't there a risk to get cancer?
    Cells are multiplied in the lab. It's very safe. That won't be a concern. They're just making more dermal sheath cup cells and putting them back into your scalp. In fact they seem to be able to bypass the FDA with this because it's autologous.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Cells are multiplied in the lab. It's very safe. That won't be a concern. They're just making more dermal sheath cup cells and putting them back into your scalp. In fact they seem to be able to bypass the FDA with this because it's autologous.
    FDA = Phase III?

Kiwi - Normally I am very skeptical of clinical trials but I feel that Histogen's HSC Complex is very safe. However, I wouldn't be a guinea pig for most clinical trials; I would never be a guinea pig for Aderans/Bosley.

Losing It - Agreed. I would exchange a 4mm biopsy for a full head of hair (or something close to it) in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Kiwi - Normally I am very skeptical of clinical trials but I feel that Histogen's HSC Complex is very safe. However, I wouldn't be a guinea pig for most clinical trials; I would never be a guinea pig for Aderans/Bosley.

Losing It - Agreed. I would exchange a 4mm biopsy for a full head of hair (or something close to it) in a second.
    Well, they managed to find 200 guinea pigs for their Phase II trials. Guess people are really desperate out there. According to that newspaper article 50 to 70 % of the guinea pigs responded well to it. But that the results are comparable to whats currently on the market. So its basically as effective as Fin and Minox. A 1cm biopsy is quite large though, and I am not certain if I would want to undergo multiple 1cm biopsies.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    FDA = Phase III?
    Yeah pretty much. I think they were saying on the podcast that they're not going through the FDA and the Replicel site shows no phase 3. However that all may change.

are there any result of the first trials from 2010 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Yeah pretty much. I think they were saying on the podcast that they're not going through the FDA and the Replicel site shows no phase 3. However that all may change.
    Wow, that means if this works we could see this pretty soon, right? I mean how long does Phase II take, one year? It could be out on 2013!