+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 210 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I think I might have to turn gay if it doesn't work.

Bald gay men seem to get partners easily.
    I recommend we switch the whole forum over to a gay dating site. baldhunktalk.com.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Something will happen, it will either be a yes or a no.
    ^sausage reply to ffar

classic!

Also, could would should might maybe possibly did didn't won't will can can't... ...and quite possibly include an 'etc'
    Last edited by 67mph; 04-29-2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: added some more words!

lmao yes it's either shit's bout to go down or shit about to go down.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post
    if half the US population suffering from hair loss went ape shit over hair loss and experienced severe depression then i'd assume govt would intervene.
    But half the U.S. population suffering from hair loss doesn't "go ape shit and experience severe depression," so your point is irrelevant.

hence why i said "IF" people took it seriously enough. as in if they were devastated by it. but clearly most people aren't. thus govt is unlikely to intervene.

am i not making this clear enough for you? not sure what more i do to explain.

Inactive

Unhappy

hence why i said "IF" people took it seriously enough. as in if they were devastated by it. but clearly most people aren't. thus govt is unlikely to intervene.
    But the fact that most people aren't bothered by it to an extreme doesn't mean they "aren't taking it seriously enough"; it means that those who are bothered by it to an extreme are taking it too seriously.

am i not making this clear enough for you?
    No, it's quite clear that your argument is self-contradictory and nonsensical.

the best and the brightest and the most gifted medical minds are not working on hair loss so the progress has been very very slow. you're right in that if the society took hair loss serious enough then the govt would step in and supply the necessary funds to draw top talent from all over the country to come up with a solution. there's great deal of money to be made if a cure is found for sure. but if you have a brilliant mind in medical research, then there are countless better and more exciting self-serving opportunities out there and with ample amount of funding to boot.
    honestly, i have no idea what's wrong what my statement up there. but you win. have a nice day.

There are a couple things that I haven't heard discussed here.

First, this was a safety "overdosing" trial. Is it possible that the injection of millions of cells-in excess of Replicel thinks is necessary or would actually be used in treatement, actually had a negative effect upon the result. Sometimes, with certain treatments, as the dosage increases, there is a point where if go further with additional dosage, that the beneficial result actually reverses and could potentially go to the negative. Sometimes, more is not better.

Second, because this is a safety trial first, the worst outcome would be if someone ended up getting sick or ill as a result of the treatement. So, there is a possibility that since the initial announcement that no patient was showing any ill effect that someone did show some negative effect. In fact, they could have positive hair growth in most patients but someone showed some illness as a result, providing a good/bad outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    First, this was a safety "overdosing" trial. Is it possible that the injection of millions of cells-in excess of Replicel thinks is necessary or would actually be used in treatement, actually had a negative effect upon the result. Sometimes, with certain treatments, as the dosage increases, there is a point where if go further with additional dosage, that the beneficial result actually reverses and could potentially go to the negative. Sometimes, more is not better.
    I would expect an announcement by them that the treatment didn't "work" due to the high dosing to be accompanied by a theory of why a high dosing would work poorly. I don't know enough about the science to even guess, but it seems like a lot of investors would be a little p.o.'d by a vague answer like that.

Second, because this is a safety trial first, the worst outcome would be if someone ended up getting sick or ill as a result of the treatement. So, there is a possibility that since the initial announcement that no patient was showing any ill effect that someone did show some negative effect. In fact, they could have positive hair growth in most patients but someone showed some illness as a result, providing a good/bad outcome.
    As it is the re-injection of your own cells (essentially), I don't think anyone is really expected anyone to become ill or suffer side effects. It is my understanding that similar procedures are already occurring, with no side effects. I bet if you had a poll here, the hair loss community would say that the worst outcome is if it doesn't work at all, even a little. Because even if their were some side effects in some patients, my guess is that most people here are on board to roll the dice on a little risk (evidenced by the amount of people on finasteride, which has a very small risk of serious side effects).

If it doesn't work, we wouldn't even have the option to try it, risks or not. And the most horrible thing about hair loss, if you ask me, is how little you can do about it, not how risky a potential cure my be. The lack of options is horrible.

There are a couple things that I haven't heard discussed here.

All good points!