Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Yeh exactly - & its much easier to get through trials compared to a new drug that needs over 150 million in investments & a ten year study.

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Just got an email from the Replicel newsletter:

Phase II Dose Ranging Trial on its Hair Cell Replication Technology Expected to Commence Mid-2013 VANCOUVER, BC – November 7, 2012 – RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. (the “Company” or “RepliCel”) (OTCBB: REPCF) is pleased to report on its pre-filing scientific meeting with the German Competent Authority responsible for cellular therapies – the Paul Ehrlich Institute [...]
      That seems like a long time between end of Phase I and beginning of Phase II. They should have started by now.

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Just got an email from the Replicel newsletter:

Phase II Dose Ranging Trial on its Hair Cell Replication Technology Expected to Commence Mid-2013 VANCOUVER, BC – November 7, 2012 – RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. (the “Company” or “RepliCel”) (OTCBB: REPCF) is pleased to report on its pre-filing scientific meeting with the German Competent Authority responsible for cellular therapies – the Paul Ehrlich Institute [...]
        That seems like a long time between end of Phase I and beginning of Phase II. They should have started by now.

Comment

• Pate
          • Sep 2011

So that pushes Replicel out til mid-2014 to complete Phase II. They'd want to have some much more decent results than they got in Phase I by that time or they won't get funding for Phase III.

Comment

• The Alchemist
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pate
            So that pushes Replicel out til mid-2014 to complete Phase II. They'd want to have some much more decent results than they got in Phase I by that time or they won't get funding for Phase III.
            Yup. And that's just for a dose ranging study. They'd probably need even another phase II efficacy study once they have the dose dialed in.

These guys are 5+ years out. And that's assuming they even have something that works, which i have some serious doubts about. I'm taking them off my radar. Put them in the bin with follica and acell.

Comment

• Person
              • Jun 2012

Dates available if all goes well...

Aderans = crap
              Acell = crap
              Histogen = 2018
              Replicel = 2017
              Allergan Bimatoprost = 2017

The End

Comment

• Dan26
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Person
                Dates available if all goes well...

Allergan Bimatoprost = 2017

The End
                I thought it was 2015, what changed?

Comment

• rdawg
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                  I thought it was 2015, what changed?
                  nothing changed, he's just guessing.

My guess is:

Aderans- 2016, 2018 if another setback
                  Histogen-2016(dont see any setbacks yet)
                  Alleragan-late 2015
                  Replicel-2018-2020

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Really depressing to hear about them starting next summer - they should have geared up for a January start - 6 months is a long time.

Comment

• Alf
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                      Really depressing to hear about them starting next summer - they should have geared up for a January start - 6 months is a long time.
                      I know, but for me everything is too far away so I'm hoping to be guinea pig for whatever shows OK phase 2 results.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Alf
                        I know, but for me everything is too far away so I'm hoping to be guinea pig for whatever shows OK phase 2 results.
                        Same here - the only hope for me is some kind of cell therapy coming out - because I doubt PGD2 will be able to treat a NW5 patient.

Really dissapointed about the start date of Replicel, I'm happy that they've been approved to continue their study but just the time is becoming a real issue now.. I mean how many more years do we need to wait for a better treatment?

Comment

• The Alchemist
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                          Same here - the only hope for me is some kind of cell therapy coming out - because I doubt PGD2 will be able to treat a NW5 patient.

Really dissapointed about the start date of Replicel, I'm happy that they've been approved to continue their study but just the time is becoming a real issue now.. I mean how many more years do we need to wait for a better treatment?

UK, you mind if i ask your age? Would you consider a hair transplant?

The waiting around is killing me. And the more results that come out, the further away we seem to a solution. I thought 2012 was going to be the year when we find out for sure what's cooking and whether there is reason to have hope. But, 2012 is nearly up and things are as bleak as ever - replicel looks less than promising, histogen's results numerically look good but photos are not impressive, aderans continues to be a mystery, follica seems to have dropped out, and acell was a total bust. Could use some good news already.

Comment

• Person
                            • Jun 2012

Can you wait until 2017-2018 when a superior treatment will be available? If not, consider a hair transplant.

Sorry, but its the truth.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Person
                              Can you wait until 2017-2018 when a superior treatment will be available? If not, consider a hair transplant.

Sorry, but its the truth.
                              I mostly agree with this, though i think Aderans has at least a chance to come out before then.

Comment

• Pate
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                                Yeah it sucks. I'm also annoyed they have apparently scratched their 12 month results analysis. Histogen had MUCH better results at 12 months over 6. But we have no way of knowing whether Replicel will too.

It may be an admission that the trial effectively failed, considering also all the extra work they've done tinkering with the process. But who knows.

Comment

Working...