Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Yes this was the original research that showed it can be done.

Green fluorescent protein (GFP)-expressing wild-type, and nontransgenic mouse vibrissa follicle cells were cultured and implanted to mouse ears and footpads. Dermal papiller (DP)-derived cells and cells from the peribulbar dermal sheath "cup" (DSC) induced new hair follicles in both implanted ears a …

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
      If they could actually immunize hair follicles to DHT than I would call that a big damn success. However they are definetly in silent mode now. They got burned by the hype they generated before phase I 6 months results and not being able to produce satisfactory results.
      Silent mode? Didnt they just release a presentation about phase II a few weeks ago? What should they do? Bullhorn Wall Street about their next phase?

Jesus Christ - what is it with people and attacking Replicel? I'd love to see the look on all your faces if they turned around and said "right, screw it, go find your own cure".

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

If they could actually immunize hair follicles to DHT than I would call that a big damn success. However they are definetly in silent mode now. They got burned by the hype they generated before phase I 6 months results and not being able to produce satisfactory results.
        immunize a hair follicle against dht and you can grow that hair out to our nearest galaxy and back
        theres a reason why some people can grow hair longer than others, and dht is that reason.

Comment

• gutted
          • Jan 2011

as well as promote cancers!

Comment

• krewel
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 534623
            not at all.
            the 2 women in the video sound like the Aderans guys 10 years ago - about their initial mouse research findings.
            What the heck are you talking about?
            I said : "The stem cells that female Yale scientist is pointing at on her screen are dermal sheath cup cells"

You say not at all? Are you blind or something? From now on, I'm just ignoring you. 10 years.. 10 years is nothing in terms of science.

Originally posted by UK_
            Jesus Christ - what is it with people and attacking Replicel? I'd love to see the look on all your faces if they turned around and said "right, screw it, go find your own cure".
            Their reaction would probably be something like: "I knew it, scammers." Thinking, you can solve this kind of a problem from one day to another, is just childish.

Comment

• Erick
              • Nov 2011

Replicel is dead end, enough said.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                • Sep 2010

Replicel's last trial was a success except to people who didn't know what to look for.

Comment

• Pate
                  • Sep 2011

I'll be very interested to see the Replicel 12 month results - they must be due in the next month or two, the 12 months has passed so they will be examining the patients and collating the data.

The big difference between Replicel and Histogen in terms of results was that Histogen grew primarily terminal hairs (or converted vellus to terminal), while Replicel actually grew a decent amount of vellus hair, as you can see on their presentation from 11 June 2012 on their website. 25% for their best subject, and you can clearly see the extra vellus hairs in the photo.

If those hairs mature to become terminal then all of a sudden Replicel's results go from slightly disappointing (to me anyway) to comparable with Histogen's. If they stay vellus or disappear again, then Replicel has big problems...

Interesting also that Replicel are going straight into Phase IIb, supposedly by the end of the year. They're not wasting time, that's for sure.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

I've got my fingers crossed for all the companies; Replicel, Histogen and Aderans.

I don't care who gets it working, as long as one or all of them get it working sooner than later. Shit, I wouldnt mind going in for a combination of treatments from them.

Comment

• Sogeking
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                      Silent mode? Didnt they just release a presentation about phase II a few weeks ago? What should they do? Bullhorn Wall Street about their next phase?

Well I wasn't attacking them, but whatever. I am glad they are moving forward. I mean I don't have anything to lose except my hair and I am losing it regardless of their current progress.

So I am cheering for them. If they suceed you can rub it in my face as much as you want. Correction: you can rub it in my face but my newly grown hair just won't care then .

And: what presentation I must have missed it?

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Well I wasn't attacking them, but whatever. I am glad they are moving forward. I mean I don't have anything to lose except my hair and I am losing it regardless of their current progress.

So I am cheering for them. If they suceed you can rub it in my face as much as you want. Correction: you can rub it in my face but my newly grown hair just won't care then .

And: what presentation I must have missed it?

Click & type some BS info to register and it will take you to an audio of their planned phase 2.

Comment

• Dan26
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by gutted
                          immunize a hair follicle against dht and you can grow that hair out to our nearest galaxy and back
                          theres a reason why some people can grow hair longer than others, and dht is that reason.
                          DHT is our friend bro! Inhibiting it is not the best way to grow hair! It is about reversing the damage it has done with growth factors, stopping it from binding to the hair follicle with antiandrogens, and modulating immune response with PDG2 inhibitors to allow hair to grow.

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
                            DHT is our friend bro! Inhibiting it is not the best way to grow hair! It is about reversing the damage it has done with growth factors, stopping it from binding to the hair follicle with antiandrogens, and modulating immune response with PDG2 inhibitors to allow hair to grow.
                            exactly!

excess levels of dht and/or cox2 is our enemy!

Comment

• The Alchemist
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pate
                              I'll be very interested to see the Replicel 12 month results - they must be due in the next month or two, the 12 months has passed so they will be examining the patients and collating the data.
                              They're not going to release any 12 month data. At least not according to what David Hall said in the last presentation they gave for Rodman and Renshaw. He said the next data point for I/II was going to be 24 months.

I could've swore they had listed their timepoints as 6, 12, and 24 months. Maybe i'm mistaken, but i don't think so.

I thought that was disappointing to hear. Hopefully they're not making changes to their data release plans based on what they're seeing.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                                • Mar 2011

Just dug this up:

"Subject efficacy at 6-months post injection is the first step in measuring a treatment response. All subjects will continue to participate in the post injection follow-up period of the study until August 2013 and a review of final safety and efficacy results will commence before the end of 2013. The continued follow-up period is a key component of the study to confirm treatment safety profile and response trends at 6, 12 and 24 months. "

If they're not going to show any data from 12 month interval, i'd be very curious to know the reason why.

Comment

Working...