+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 210 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    It's just disrespectful, especially towards the scientists, which for the record do not earn that much money..
    reason to create a goldmine?

replicel = pan american gold corporation profile ??

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post

Reverse merger. Easy and inexpensive way of taking a company public (instead of the expensive and complicated IPO).

I was talking about the scientists, not the guys running this company.

he doesn't sound convinced at all in 2007. he says that for such cell treatments in genereal a guy shouldn't be completely bald. at least lots of just miniaturized hairs should be there and then it may work or not in combination with normal hair transplants. he says he still has no clue what works in which case with dsc cells.
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!

its going to grow a full head of hair!

ask 2020

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Hmmmmm. I don't post often on forums. I think I will now, because like so many, I'm excited to see replicels results.

Firstly, though it's only phase 1, if they dont have new terminal hairs in the injection area...FAIL. It being a cell based treatment means they can only increase the number of the cells hey inject, there is not much else to play with here.

Second, in an email to me a while back they said they can not reveal full details as to why they believe DSC cells are the key, because it is privileged info. So, we don't know the full story.

Third (and this is my naive non-scientific thought), the location of DSC cells makes sense. They claim the DSC cells can create progenitor and other cells. It would make sense that the cells cluster and create a follicle from the bottom up.

Johada and GHO state that the DS tissue containing stem cells can create a new follicle (proven). But culturing to increase their numbers is hard. And a reduction in the number of stem cells reduces hair quality. Replicel say that all other cells are more mature types, that can not be multiplied many times, which is where the DSC ones differ. DP cells migrate away from the follicle in balding men, so they were never the answer, which is widely accepted now.

If DSC cells the key, the big question is if there is something in balding scalps that will prevent injected cells being used. But then, transplanted follicles grow in slick bald scalps. If the "environment' was screwed, those transplants wouldnt work and be lasting.

Cells do migrate and recruit. So at the very least, I believe they will revive sleeping follicles.

Obviously im no expert, but I think its reasonable to be hopeful of replicel.

very reasonable analysis

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Hmmmmm. I don't post often on forums. I think I will now, because like so many, I'm excited to see replicels results.

Firstly, though it's only phase 1, if they dont have new terminal hairs in the injection area...FAIL. It being a cell based treatment means they can only increase the number of the cells hey inject, there is not much else to play with here.

Second, in an email to me a while back they said they can not reveal full details as to why they believe DSC cells are the key, because it is privileged info. So, we don't know the full story.

Third (and this is my naive non-scientific thought), the location of DSC cells makes sense. They claim the DSC cells can create progenitor and other cells. It would make sense that the cells cluster and create a follicle from the bottom up.

Johada and GHO state that the DS tissue containing stem cells can create a new follicle (proven). But culturing to increase their numbers is hard. And a reduction in the number of stem cells reduces hair quality. Replicel say that all other cells are more mature types, that can not be multiplied many times, which is where the DSC ones differ. DP cells migrate away from the follicle in balding men, so they were never the answer, which is widely accepted now.

If DSC cells the key, the big question is if there is something in balding scalps that will prevent injected cells being used. But then, transplanted follicles grow in slick bald scalps. If the "environment' was screwed, those transplants wouldnt work and be lasting.

Cells do migrate and recruit. So at the very least, I believe they will revive sleeping follicles.

Obviously im no expert, but I think its reasonable to be hopeful of replicel.
    You are a very smart guy.

so is this a end all cure like 2020 says? or is it a hair transplant supplement as others are saying?

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    so is this a end all cure like 2020 says? or is it a hair transplant supplement as others are saying?
    As of yet, it's neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I think there is a language barrier here. Are you saying that you believe hair follicles can irreversibly "die" or that they can be revived? This study seems to indicate that they can be revived, but it doesn't really go into a lot of detail about for how long those hairs were minituraized.

Is there a doctor in the house?
    I am still trying to find that out as well. I have read that the follicles do in fact die eventually - by slick bald NW7 stage. The mechanism by which this supposedly happens is that body tissue actually grows through the follicles, destroys their structural integrity and basically reabsorbs them into the skin.

But I have never been able to find that source again, or any other source saying the same thing.

Krewel is of course right that it's been shown DAMAGED follicles can regenerate, and possibly even follicles so damaged they are not producing any hair.

But whether those damaged follicles can ever go past the "point of no return" and die, I still haven't been able to get a straight answer. I suspect the work has been done and probably published because it shouldn't be too difficult to prove the tissue regrowth theory - take a biopsy from a NW7 who's been balding since his teens and examine the structural integrity of the follicles under a microscope.

But it would take somebody with a better grasp of the medical literature than myself to find it. Or at least some better google-fu.

Default Pre results interiew??

I thought Spencer was going to get an interview with David Hall before the results were released. It's the 16th today so I woulda thought around this time would be ideal for his pre results interview. Replicel said end of April for results and I would consider any time from next monday (23/04/12) to be 'End of April'.

So Spencer or Joe if you're reading this, "When are we getting this interview?" Or are we not gonna get one now?