+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 210 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    What about a citation for the implication that that has anything to do with hair follicles? If you weren't implying that, then my mistake. Didn't mean to assume you weren't just babbling non sequitur.

(But seriously, I can't seem to find anything on whether hair follicles "die" or not. Do you know of a reputible source for a claim one way or the other?)

Hmmmmm. I don't post often on forums. I think I will now, because like so many, I'm excited to see replicels results.

Firstly, though it's only phase 1, if they dont have new terminal hairs in the injection area...FAIL. It being a cell based treatment means they can only increase the number of the cells hey inject, there is not much else to play with here.

Second, in an email to me a while back they said they can not reveal full details as to why they believe DSC cells are the key, because it is privileged info. So, we don't know the full story.

Third (and this is my naive non-scientific thought), the location of DSC cells makes sense. They claim the DSC cells can create progenitor and other cells. It would make sense that the cells cluster and create a follicle from the bottom up.

Johada and GHO state that the DS tissue containing stem cells can create a new follicle (proven). But culturing to increase their numbers is hard. And a reduction in the number of stem cells reduces hair quality. Replicel say that all other cells are more mature types, that can not be multiplied many times, which is where the DSC ones differ. DP cells migrate away from the follicle in balding men, so they were never the answer, which is widely accepted now.

If DSC cells the key, the big question is if there is something in balding scalps that will prevent injected cells being used. But then, transplanted follicles grow in slick bald scalps. If the "environment' was screwed, those transplants wouldnt work and be lasting.

Cells do migrate and recruit. So at the very least, I believe they will revive sleeping follicles.

Obviously im no expert, but I think its reasonable to be hopeful of replicel.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    [Citations needed.]
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12734505

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    real vellus hair/miniaturized terminal hair. is there a difference if you use them? for the writer-it's not.
    death - more death - dead as a doornail?

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    real vellus hair/miniaturized terminal hair. is there a difference if you use them? for the writer-it's not.
    death - more death - dead as a doornail?
    I think there is a language barrier here. Are you saying that you believe hair follicles can irreversibly "die" or that they can be revived? This study seems to indicate that they can be revived, but it doesn't really go into a lot of detail about for how long those hairs were minituraized.

Is there a doctor in the house?

yes yes even some kids on the Internet know that Replicel will fail... why did they even bother starting Phase 1...

Default One of the most interesting Replicel responses of FB

I am sure that some of you here have seen this comment before on Facebook, but some may not have. I think it is one of the more interesting responses because it seems to indicate that, as others have alluded to, there is something "else" going in addition to DSC cell multiplication. After all, Hoffmann was aware of using DSC cells for hair regeneration, and yet in 2007, seemed to say that a discovery was 10 years or so away from reality.

Here is the link to the forum posting by Hoffmann himself:

http://translate.google.com/translat...snummer%3D1456

Here is the response by Replicel on Facebook:

"Hello, we contacted Dr. Rolf Hoffmann, RepliCel's Chief Medical Officer, and he said that new knowledge leads to new interpretations. As he said in the forum comment, the timeline was a guess and at that time, trials were not even existent. Also, please note that the comment was made in 2007. I hope this helps, and thank you for your post!"

So, we know that since 2007, some additional new knowledge was obtained, in either a technology, method, or similar was obtained in addition to DSC hair multiplication. Yet, at the same time, no additional patents were applied for, as all listed on Replicel's website date to 2003.

Right halfway though April....gotta be letting us know not this week, but next.

Then we won't have to speculate whats going on anymore and we can either smile or cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I think there is a language barrier here. Are you saying that you believe hair follicles can irreversibly "die" or that they can be revived? This study seems to indicate that they can be revived, but it doesn't really go into a lot of detail about for how long those hairs were minituraized.

Is there a doctor in the house?
    I'm sorry if you got me wrong, I'm not a native speaker. Hair follicles do not die, and this is not the only study showing it. What I actually ment by saying hair follicles "sleep" is, that they fall into an inactive state, which is something different than death. According to last studies which were released in march, it seems like something (maybe Prostaglandin D2) is blocking biological processes inside the hair follicle.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    yes yes even some kids on the Internet know that Replicel will fail... why did they even bother starting Phase 1...
    Tell me about it, it's ridiculous. People think they undestand the mechanisms of Replicels treatment and dare to make negative comments about them. They think they became scientists by reading some Wikipedia articles. It's just disrespectful, especially towards the scientists, which for the record do not earn that much money..

Quote Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    After all, Hoffmann was aware of using DSC cells for hair regeneration, and yet in 2007, seemed to say that a discovery was 10 years or so away from reality.

Here is the link to the forum posting by Hoffmann himself:

http://translate.google.com/translat...snummer%3D1456
    he doesn't sound convinced at all in 2007. he says that for such cell treatments in genereal a guy shouldn't be completely bald. at least lots of just miniaturized hairs should be there and then it may work or not in combination with normal hair transplants. he says he still has no clue what works in which case with dsc cells.