X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corvettester
    • May 2011

Is Pitting Inevitable?

Hey guys,

This is my first post on this forum. I hope this is in the right category, if not, moderators please move it to the correct category. Now for the question...

Is pitting and dimpling inevitable? Does it necessarily indicate shoddy work by an HT physician?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how common pitting really is and if there is ever an acceptable amount allowed among quality physicians.

Corvettester
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Corvettester
    Hey guys,

This is my first post on this forum. I hope this is in the right category, if not, moderators please move it to the correct category. Now for the question...

Is pitting and dimpling inevitable? Does it necessarily indicate shoddy work by an HT physician?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how common pitting really is and if there is ever an acceptable amount allowed among quality physicians.

Corvettester
    Welcome to the forum Corvettester. Pitting can be caused by a couple of things. If larger grafts are transplanted (not true FUT) there is usually more tissue around them that causes the pitting or cobble stoning. Pitting can also be caused by poorly trained or lazy technicians who push the grafts too deep into the recipient slits. This is probably a more common cause of pitting today. The grafts should be slightly above the plain of the scalp when implanted into the recipient area, not jammed flush or deeper.

Comment

Working...