+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Latisse

Default Latisse

I read today the New York Times article on the use of Latisse for hair loss. I'm twenty years old, and the hair on the front of my head is much thinner than it used to be. People comment on it fairly frequently; one of my friends just told me "You'll get into that bar, you're balding."

Anyway, the hair is thinner but it is still there, and I want to take action before the hair loss gets worse. I'm not willing to use Propecia as I would rather lose my hair than suffer the sexual side effects than some men have reported.

Has anyone here has a positive experience with Latisse? I could definitely get a prescription for Latisse, but I need to figure out what dosage would need to be prescribed, and how to use it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by marshcat View Post
    I read today the New York Times article on the use of Latisse for hair loss. I'm twenty years old, and the hair on the front of my head is much thinner than it used to be. People comment on it fairly frequently; one of my friends just told me "You'll get into that bar, you're balding."

Anyway, the hair is thinner but it is still there, and I want to take action before the hair loss gets worse. I'm not willing to use Propecia as I would rather lose my hair than suffer the sexual side effects than some men have reported.

Has anyone here has a positive experience with Latisse? I could definitely get a prescription for Latisse, but I need to figure out what dosage would need to be prescribed, and how to use it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Latisse is supposed to work well for the frontal hairline, also, I have been recently looking at a new product set to come on the market called "Hair Stemulating Complex" by a company called BioRegenerative Sciences, you might wanna try googling their product and see what comes up.

Now, ive been playing with thoughts of whether this is a scam or a legitimate product, the more I look into the background of the company and the people behind the treatments, the more I am convinced that this is a legitimate product. I dont wanna build hype around this, I am very tired of being pessimistic about every last "cure" out there, but this treatment seems very very promising, as does Latisse.

The main advantage of Latisse is the lack of side effects, the main disadvantage is the cost! $150 a month!

So when would this be available?

Wasn't there supposed to be a clinical trial of Latisse as a treatment for androgenetic alopecia with results due in February 2011? The fact that I can't seem to find any updates or news about it is not a good sign.

One of the issues I remember reading about with Latisse is that the concentration of active ingredients in the eyelash treatment is very small and would not be enough for effective use on the scalp. For an effective scalp treatment, it would take a much higher concentration of the active ingredients, which is why it isn't recommended as an off-label baldness treatment.

i wish Merck did a long term study for frontal area for people with mild to moderate thinning.