+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    Will post in about a week.
    perfect , cannot wait.

thx a lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheNitwon View Post
    Corticosteroids suppress the immune system. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks the hair, and corticosteroids are used to stop this action. Male pattern baldness is caused by DHT, not the immune system, so corticosteroids wouldn't be effective at all for that.
    There's actually a line of thought that MPB is also caused by the immune system, just with DHT being the cause of the immune system beginning to attack its own follicles.

That's the theory behind testing Astressin-B injections for MPB since it acts on cortisol. And AFAIK it's not fully understood how DHT binding to a receptor actually damages hair follicles. There has to be an intermediate step (or more than one) in there somewhere. An immune system response is one prime suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresley View Post
    perfect , cannot wait.

thx a lot
    YES indeed!...

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    There's actually a line of thought that MPB is also caused by the immune system, just with DHT being the cause of the immune system beginning to attack its own follicles.

That's the theory behind testing Astressin-B injections for MPB since it acts on cortisol. And AFAIK it's not fully understood how DHT binding to a receptor actually damages hair follicles. There has to be an intermediate step (or more than one) in there somewhere. An immune system response is one prime suspect.
    people should have already realised mpb is an immune condition after the release of the study from dr cots...DHT causing minituarisation is one of the biggest myths of all time!
    Androgens are involved but NOT involved in minituarisation and follicular damage!

Not only can baldness be stopped but it can also be reversed dependant on how badly damaged your follicles are!

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    people should have already realised mpb is an immune condition after the release of the study from dr cots...DHT causing minituarisation is one of the biggest myths of all time!
    Androgens are involved but NOT involved in minituarisation and follicular damage!

Not only can baldness be stopped but it can also be reversed dependant on how badly damaged your follicles are!
    ??? explain. Why don't castrates don't go bald then

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ??? explain. Why don't castrates don't go bald then
    i suggest you read a thread started by a poster named misterE on pathogenesis of MPB on HLH, it should help you understand certain similarities between baldness and other diseases and what they have in common...his theory is good but not perfect.

also understand castrates dont go bald, because they still have andorgens in there system!

i suggest you read a thread started by a poster named misterE on pathogenesis of MPB on HLH, it should help you understand certain similarities between baldness and other diseases and what they have in common...his theory is good but not perfect.

also understand castrates dont go bald, because they still have andorgens in there system!
    ok then explain me this:

how come every man from my mother's side started going bald at almost the exact same age as me?? You're saying they all had some underlying problems? Bullshit. Everyone got to live 80+ with NO health problems

ok then explain me this:

how come every man from my mother's side started going bald at almost the exact same age as me?? You're saying they all had some underlying problems? Bullshit. Everyone got to live 80+ with NO health problems
    underlying problems...its true, science just hasnt figured it out yet.
    Genetics also plays a role...but not in the way the majority of people think it does.

underlying problems...its true, science just hasnt figured it out yet.
    Genetics also plays a role...but not in the way the majority of people think it does.
    you didn't answer my question.... why did everyone go bald in my family even though otherwise they were pretty healthy people? Not enough vegetables and exercise? Not possible. Junk food was non-existent where they lived...

you didn't answer my question.... why did everyone go bald in my family even though otherwise they were pretty healthy people? Not enough vegetables and exercise? Not possible. Junk food was non-existent where they lived...

They went bald due to excess androgens in a certain region of the scalp that are genetically predisposed to hypersensitivity, which can be influenced/aggrevated by the foods you eat.