PRP + Acell Treatment is now available in the UK - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Decided to wait

I've decided to wait before trying PRP + Acell, I was really keen on it but £1000 is a lot for something that's not been proven through trials. There's been no major hype over it being to new best thing so I think it's best to wait til it is or until better stuff comes along.

Will this work on thinning hair in the early stages of MPB, and is there any evidence of this helping thicken up hair on peoples heads.

It does not work.

i agree its useless.

Inactive

Its useless, skip it

I concur. You will not find a legitimate scientific reason or believable proposed method of action for this treatment. It should be categorised as pseudoscience bs along with LLLT. I put up a poll about this stuff awhile back. I think it should be called PRP+Acell by the ECE (Easy Cash Extraction) method.

The doctors that offer this rubbish are laughing all the way to the bank. This industry is still a steaming crock of shite.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    Are the injections only done once, or is there a need for follow up injections to maintain any gains like PRP alone is done?
    I would guess you need follow ups for the best results.

I got Corticosteroid injections by my dermatologist for my Alopecia Areata, I have to take the injections every 3-6 weeks. I got my first injections last week, i'm going back in about 2 weeks. So far so good. The bald spots affected by AA are filling up nice.

But anyways, I think that's how PRP injections are, only that it take several months for you to go back. And of course they are expensive and medical insurance does not cover them. The Corticosteroid injections are covered.

sorry to bring this up, but how come you are so sure that it doesn't work?? Didn't they mention that this works best for someone with MODERATE hair loss and didn't they say that the hair "grown/recovered" become immune to baldness??

I've spoken to Doctors who have done PRP therapy for baldness and they have said it does indeed stimulate hair growth but it doesn't solve the underlying cause of hair loss for most people with MPH, which is increased levels of DHT. Even if you got hair growth from PRP therapy, they would eventually fall off quickly.

The procedure itself isn't very pretty and takes quite a bit of manual strain on both the doctor and patient, which deters most doctors from practicing it in the first place.

I think it would be foolery to say it doesn't help since there is significant scientific data on the benefits of PRP therapy and the therapy itself is evolving to become more beneficial (PRP from fat cells). There are a significant amount of growth factors in our platelets that have been known to initiate regeneration.

I would still say however, that PRP should be a supplement and one of the last few ditch efforts to increase hair growth since finasteride and minoxidil seems to work for most people.