Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

I have used Trichophytic closures for years, and have had some amasing results.
    However, I can honestly say that I have some legitimate concerns about this technique. I have seen a increase in cyst formation with this type of closure. There is also the question of whether or not to use this type of closure if the patient has already had hair transplantation, and you are dealing with a pre-existing scar. Sometimes the angle of the hairs that are growing threw the scar are so misangled that a crease is created along the entire suture line that is more noticable than a small pencil thin line scar would be under the hair. I now use more of a hybrid donor closure technique that combines a two layer closure and a Trichophytic closure techique and I think the results are better than ever.
    Remember, it has been proven many times in medicine and surgery that there may be more than one path a doctor can take and end up with a similar result.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• amadeus
      • Dec 2008

It is nice to know that I can receive a professional’s opinion on these forums. Thanks to every for responding to my questions. It’s hard to know what to believe sometimes but I like the idea of having multiple opinions from different experts. Very reassuring for me.

Comment

• the B spot
        Doctor Representative
        • Jan 2009

Dr. Charles! Glad to see you posting over here.

Hope all is well?

Great info on the Trico closure.

Take Care,
        Jason
        Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.

Comment

Working...