+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    I feel one ought to be careful when advocating the use of smaller excisions: as far as I understand, with narrower diameters comes an increased likelihood of damaging the follicular unit, which can decrease both the probability of hair re-growth and the likelihood that re-grown hair will be of good quality.
    The damaging of follicles called transection, and this tranection is one of the keystones of Ghos research (stem cells do regenerate if you do it right). If you then put acell (an ecm) on them its like an healing or regenerating accelerator.

The Quality of the regrown hair remains the same as it was before, because its regenerating on a small scale. Its not like regrowing arms and legs here.

A question, did yiu ever read about ECM in general and stem cells and how hairs have the ability to regenerate themselves? Have you ever read literature about those circumstances? Even Aderans uses this in their presentations.

Also Cole did mention himself that with "not so deep" extraction the results in both depigmentation and regrowth were better then with fully cutting out the mini organs. Thats the reason why 1 to 4 mm punches dont work

Inactive

Agree to one point. I dont think that FUT is the gold standard anymore even the simple FUE had more advances in their few years on the market then FUT had in the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    I feel one ought to be careful when advocating the use of smaller excisions: as far as I understand, with narrower diameters comes an increased likelihood of damaging the follicular unit, which can decrease both the probability of hair re-growth and the likelihood that re-grown hair will be of good quality.
    After listening to Spencer Koben’s interview with Dr. Harris, I think the new Artas robot might eliminate this issue and allow for even smaller punches to be used in the future. More doctors will be doing FUE and if this Acell pans out the future could look very bright for a lot of us.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    After listening to Spencer Koben’s interview with Dr. Harris, I think the new Artas robot might eliminate this issue and allow for even smaller punches to be used in the future. More doctors will be doing FUE and if this Acell pans out the future could look very bright for a lot of us.
    Oh good to hear, seems my future vision becomes more and more reality

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Oh good to hear, seems my future vision becomes more and more reality
    You guys should listen to this if you haven't.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5185

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    The damaging of follicles called transection, and this tranection is one of the keystones of Ghos research (stem cells do regenerate if you do it right). If you then put acell (an ecm) on them its like an healing or regenerating accelerator.

The Quality of the regrown hair remains the same as it was before, because its regenerating on a small scale. Its not like regrowing arms and legs here.

A question, did yiu ever read about ECM in general and stem cells and how hairs have the ability to regenerate themselves? Have you ever read literature about those circumstances? Even Aderans uses this in their presentations.

Also Cole did mention himself that with "not so deep" extraction the results in both depigmentation and regrowth were better then with fully cutting out the mini organs. Thats the reason why 1 to 4 mm punches dont work
    Yes, I understand Dr. Gho's studied method of duplicating follicular units involves extraction with transection, but what I'm saying is, such measure is more likely to result in poorer-quality re-growth (e.g., texture of transplanted hairs) — at least, this seems to be what some doctors have reported, with general F.U.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    You guys should listen to this if you haven't.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5185
    Thank you.

I really don't think that transection is the answer here. Cole does say that the transection rate of the patient was only 1.4%, which doesn't come close to accounting for the 54% regrowth. It's great that it works (if it works) for Dr. Gho, but the idea of transection and graft damage makes me nervous. Rather, I like the idea of hair regeneration without having to resort to this method.

It might be that the regeneration is related to the size of graft (1,2 or 3 hairs) versus the size of the punch. Does FUE use a single-size punch during the entire procedure or does it change depending on the graft? If changing sizes would help, the Artas Robot might be the answer.

just came across this video from Dr. Sara Wasserbauer, who uses the Artas Robot, talking about the different kinds of FUE. Pretty interesting.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...2018#post12018

Dr. Amiya Prasad just posted this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM3Jq2734N0

A testimonial from a Hitzig patient who had Acell.

Inactive

This would absolutely be my personal favorite weapon of choice a robotic FUE multiplication with a consitent regrowth rate in the upper 90%. The only downside which i see right now is

We suckers have to pay money to get our hairs back ;-) but there is one advantage for us, we are so focussed on our hair loss that we do sports and get ripped ^^

The one with the last laugh is always the winner :-)

But seriously its sad to see that this all could have been reality a few years ago, oh man. Well nevermind, i have to go to the Gym.

And one thing is so for sure, when i got my hair back i bet my ass that the Buzz cut will be hip and i paid money for nothing ^^