+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Thats a good idea, its very difficult to gain density in the crown area, hence why Aderans wanna use their protocols to build density in the crown giving more leverage to build the frontal part of the scalp.

Re: Gho, I always say anything that would be that revolutionary would be all over the newspapers.
    Gho was all over the papers...only this is my speculation: he does not take the full hair follicle, but a part of it. Maybe I'm not a scientist, but it seems to me that when you take PART of the follicle, the hairs growing out of it will be thinner. So then you get thin hair at the front and at the back. Instead of that, you can do a transplant (FUE of course) by Feriduni and restore your whole frontal area, and implant a little hair on the crown, just enough to get a natural result with toppik...I think all of that combined can get you a full head of hair...a lot of people think: nah, I don't want that, because it's not real hair...I say: if women are allowed to wear make up, so am I.

Anyways, by the time that we have done all those operations, some drug or treatment will be available, Aderans, Histogen, Trichoscience, Replicel, Bioregenative something that they are discussing now...

I have prp + acell.It is the closest thing to a cure I have found!!

Remember pharmaceutical co.will never promote prp! You can't patent blood!

The same Dr.'s that won't try acell are happy to prescribe propecia without knowing the longterm effects!

T-bone; Have you actually had PRP+A-cell injections done? Where did you do it, how long ago and how have the results been?

Any prior treatments?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    I have prp + acell.It is the closest thing to a cure I have found!!

Remember pharmaceutical co.will never promote prp! You can't patent blood!

The same Dr.'s that won't try acell are happy to prescribe propecia without knowing the longterm effects!
    before-after pics?

I would wait with ACell and PRP...although...I looked at the website of dr. Cooley or Cole...I don't know what their names are...anyways, the results on that website were quite good. It also states that he uses a special FUE method...he is literally able to restore a NW6 to someone with almost a full head of hair (at least, when you look from the front).

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    I would wait with ACell and PRP...although...I looked at the website of dr. Cooley or Cole...I don't know what their names are...anyways, the results on that website were quite good. It also states that he uses a special FUE method...he is literally able to restore a NW6 to someone with almost a full head of hair (at least, when you look from the front).
    A "special F.U.E. method"? Smells an awful lot like bull-shit. As far as I know, F.U.E. is F.U.E., no matter how you dress it up. Sure, you can do it well or do it poorly, but the methodology is the same — instruments and such, of course, will vary from doctor to doctor, I imagine largely just by personal comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    A "special F.U.E. method"? Smells an awful lot like bull-shit. As far as I know, F.U.E. is F.U.E., no matter how you dress it up. Sure, you can do it well or do it poorly, but the methodology is the same — instruments and such, of course, will vary from doctor to doctor, I imagine largely just by personal comfort.
    He doesn't call it FUE though. I think it's FUE combined with ACell or PRP or something like that. You should look at Dr. Cole's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    He doesn't call it FUE though. I think it's FUE combined with ACell or PRP or something like that. You should look at Dr. Cole's website.
    I've seen Dr. Cole's Web site; if you're referring to a particularly page, please post a link. One of the most obscene things I think Cole does on there is advertise F.U.E. as, "C.I.T." ("Cole Isolation Technique"), trying to lend a sharp ring of unique and proprietary character to a procedure just about everyone else (of merit) in the industry also is performing. Call it smooth marketing, good business-sense, whatever you wish, if you will, but I think it's gimmicky and manipulative.

One of the most laughable and contemptible things I've seen, recently, must be this (on Cole's site)

Any comments? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    I've seen Dr. Cole's Web site; if you're referring to a particularly page, please post a link. One of the most obscene things I think Cole does on there is advertise F.U.E. as, "C.I.T." ("Cole Isolation Technique"), trying to lend a sharp ring of unique and proprietary character to a procedure just about everyone else (of merit) in the industry also is performing. Call it smooth marketing, good business-sense, whatever you wish, if you will, but I think it's gimmicky and manipulative.

One of the most laughable and contemptible things I've seen, recently, must be this (on Cole's site)

Any comments? Anyone?
    Good.......GOD.

The thing is - I am obviously guessing that patient who received the Acell on his home page did not have a strip surgery - he had a CIT (lmfao - yeh I know, Christ almighty) which makes it VERY VERY difficult to see whether the Acell actually had any benefit.

With all the 'no-news' surrounding Acell.. I am getting pretty worried about its prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Haber, MD View Post
    I must caution those who believe Acell should be the standard of care. Its way too early to draw such a conclusion from the available data. The field of medicine is littered with thousands of “breakthrough remedies” that end up in the dustbin, having either failed the test of time, or worse, caused harm.

There are three ways to approach new ideas. One is to develop them yourself in the quest to find a better way, the next is to eagerly adopt new but unproven ideas, sometimes for profit, and the third is to remain skeptical, replicating results for yourself, and only cautiously adopt these ideas into daily practice. I’ve been in the first and third groups, but never the second. Dr. Cooley’s work is excellent, and his reported results are exciting. I’m sufficiently intrigued to begin my own trials with Acell, and many other docs will do the same, but only when many have demonstrated positive results in varied circumstances should a product or technique be widely adopted.

Also, the benefits of Acell in strip excision scars, FUE scars, and in conjunction with plucked hair graft survival are different and still need lots of work.

So in my opinion, your surgeon is appropriately skeptical of Acell. I would choose him over someone who blindly adopted new approaches. As I like to stress, if your surgeon is not able to produce excellent results without Acell, he or she will not have excellent results with Acell. Only when the basics are mastered can adjunctive products enhance the final results.
    Great post Dr. Haber. There is too much mixed information about the Acell to choose a hair transplant doctor based on whether he uses it or not. It is still unproven by most standards and I do think some doctors are using it just to say that they are. Thanks for your insight!