+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Therapies for Hair Loss

I have been reading for years about how in 2003, Elaine Fuchs determined that the combination of WNT and Noggin proteins leads to a pit being formed in the skin, telling the stem cells there to become hair as opposed to skin. Yet since then, no one has offered a treatment based on this discovery. I know that Follica is working on a WNT agonist and Histogen is working on a WNT-based treatment, but who knows when these potential treatments will make it past clinical trials and become available to the public. Ever since I started to lose my hair, I have been scouring the internet looking for potential ways to regrow my hair and I came across a few that look promising. I am posting this on one other hair regrowth website just so I can get more input.

1. Asian Stem Cell Regeneration Institute - this place uses WNT and Noggin proteins to regrow hair, based on the Elaine Fuchs study that I mentioned in 2003. This place is affiliated with a stem cell center in Arizona (www.stem-cell-center.com). Since they cannot legally perform this treatment in the U.S. since it's not FDA-approved, they perform it at their sister clinic, the Asian Stem Cell Regeneration Institute, which is in the Philippines. I'm a bit skeptical that this treatment is being offered in the Philippines and that this center is relatively new, but at least some one is offering a treatment based on this Elaine Fuchs study. Link - http://www.stem-cell-regeneration.co...airgrowth.html

2. Sparsh Clinic - the results that they show with their pictures are amazing, although I'm a bit skeptical with the photos. Since another revolutionary hair loss treatment recently came out of India (QR 678), I figured I'd post this too. Link - http://www.sparshclinic.com/sparshpage.asp?id=22

Default New Therapies for Hair Loss continued.............

3. Autologous Adipose Stem Cell Therapy - this is where healthy stem cells are extracted from fat tissue or bone marrow and then injected into the balding areas of the scalp. The theory seems sound to me, in that these healthy stem cells will replaced the defective stem cells in the scalp that aren't regrowing hair. Apparently the healthy stem cells are supposed to be potent enough that they can develop into any stem cell once they're injected into the proper places. Except I've heard that the results haven't been that great. I know that Recoverup is doing this but I've found plenty of other places that do the same thing. Here are the places: Arizona Stem Cell Center (www.stem-cell-center.com), 2. Dr. Heinrich's Clinic (http://ddrheinrich.com/en/), 3. Progencell (http://www.progencell.com/english/interface.html), 4. World Stem Cell (located in FL) -http://www.worldstemcells.com/about-us.html

4. Pluripotent Stem Cells - Dr. Derrick Rossi of Harvard University recently discovered a way to reprogram faulty stem cells to treat diseases and other conditions by using synthetic mRNA to reprogram adult human skin cells, turning them into cells that are identical to human embryonic stem cells. I believe that this discovery coud have a profound effect on men suffering from male pattern baldness. In a recent discovery, it was determined that the bare scalps of bald men contained an equal amount of stem cells as those of men bearing hair, but lacked the number of hair follicle progenitor cells necessary to ultimately develop normal and functioning hair follicles. It was determined that the follicles that make hair don't actually go away, but instead become miniaturized to the point of non-existent to the naked eye because of the lack of the aforementioned progenitor cells. In short, these stem cells become faulty and don't develop nearly enough progenitor cells necessary to grow a normal head of hair. I can't help but think that if one could reprogram certain skin cells to create entire organs, it would certainly be easier to reprogram the faulty stem cells of a scalp that doesn't generate nearly enough progenitor cells into embryonic stem cells that function properly and therefore create enough progenitor cells which will ultimately produce hair in those people who suffer from male pattern baldness. More specifically, one could create hair follicle stem cells that mimic the behavior of the hair follicle stem cells on the sides and lower back of a person's head, where hair normally continues to grow without any defects. Then these cells could somehow be introduced into the portions of the scalp (particularly the temple areas and on top) where normal hair growth has been disrupted. These newly-reprogrammed cells that were introduced would then ultimately function as normal hair follicle stem cells and ultimately grow hair in bald areas.
    Some articles:
    1. Dr. Derrick Rossi's aforementioned discovery - http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0930142711.htm
    2. An article describing the creation of pluripotent stem cells - http://www.allthingsstemcell.com/200...-long-history/
    3. Mass production of ‘embryonic’ stem cells - http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1017164917.htm

These are just a few options but hopefully they will bring more exposure to hair loss and more options in an area where options are very limited (Rogaine, Propecia, hair transplants).

Good stuff. Keep hope alive.

I wish that somebody would try some of these therapies, which would be so much more potent than chickenshit Rogaine or Propecia.

Default Hair loss stem cell therapy

After many years suffering with male pattern hair loss, I have decided to go to one of the most important clinics in Lima, Peru, where they have shown me photos of what I consider extremely good results. I have also used them before for cleaning my face from acne sequels so I have had a good experience with them already. That is why I will do it.

They will take stem cells from my body fat and after that, they will insert them on my scalp.

I am aware there are a few clinics over the US offering this same system, and I am a little skeptical too, but I am tired of this situation, I hope my experience will help some of you make choice (or not make a mistake). I will post a "before" photo tomorrow and I believe in one month or so I will have the money to pay for this treatment.

I will keep you informed.

Carlos

Great Carlos. I wish your treatment goes well and you get great results.

Thanks please keep us all updated.

I've seen that Sparsh clinic somewhere before. I don't believe them. Look at the pics, the "after" photos are darker...as usual, while the "before" are brighter. The angles are different too. They claim "100% hair regrowth"! That proves they're liars. Some of the pics don't show any regrowth.
    If it sounds too good to be true,.... If they could achieve 100% regrowth you'd see half of the worlds male population waiting in line at their door steps.

I am not going to that clinic, but I see and respect your point. Either way the therapy costs in here are much lower, so I guess I am going to take my chances, you guys understand very well what it feels to be losing your hair being 28 as I am...

Quote Originally Posted by carloseduardo View Post
    After many years suffering with male pattern hair loss, I have decided to go to one of the most important clinics in Lima, Peru, where they have shown me photos of what I consider extremely good results. I have also used them before for cleaning my face from acne sequels so I have had a good experience with them already. That is why I will do it.

They will take stem cells from my body fat and after that, they will insert them on my scalp.

I am aware there are a few clinics over the US offering this same system, and I am a little skeptical too, but I am tired of this situation, I hope my experience will help some of you make choice (or not make a mistake). I will post a "before" photo tomorrow and I believe in one month or so I will have the money to pay for this treatment.

I will keep you informed.

Carlos

Sorry - I dont mean to stick a nail into your hopes and dreams - but what's the difference between what they plan to do and a standard PRP treatment? lol.

Sounds a lot like the Adistem scam back in 2008 - they claimed to be able to grow new hair by taking stem cells from your own fat and injecting them into the scalp lol. Hilarious, really.

Well they wouldn't name it but I guess that's what it is. Has this therapy been proven useless?