Hair STEMulating Complex!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Okay guys here it is, my email reply from BioRegenerative Sciences regarding their products claims and ingredients, to be honest, their reply was pretty fast, and very detailed. Here it is:

Sorry for the late reply. My supervisor was going to supply me with specifics regarding clinic trials plus some before and after pictures but instead this information will be posted online within the week. Please keep checking our website as we are constantly updating our pages with more products and product information. HSC is in a simple suspension with preservative.

The active ingredients are the combination of molecules that are released from two different types of stem cells that are normally found in the scalp; these molecules from the stem cells are responsible for promoting hair growth and pigmentation of the hair. HSC for women is topical. It is an aqueous formulation and will dry just as if you placed water on your scalp. You do not rinse off; just apply and let dry and style your hair any way you want including rewetting it. We do not recommend using a hair dryer AFTER application for extended times. A treatment is 2 x 15 ml bottles and should last about six to eight weeks.

This is a complete treatment that will show initial results. Treatment will need to be continued thereafter. Our current product is formulated for women. By late May or early June we will have sizes and pricing available online for our product specifically designed for men.

The women's formula is safe for men, but we are still in the final stages of testing the men's product. In the meanwhile I've supplied some attachments for your review. If you have any further questions, please contact my email or phone.

Thank you,Cheryl Cheryl Ward, CPhT, RMA
    bioregenerativesciences.com
    Phone - 877-892-9991
    Fax - 877-892-9995
    Customer Service Deptartment

So it would seem it is one treatment of 2 x 15ml bottles of the HSC which will show results after 4 - 6 weeks, doesn't need to be applied every day which is advantageous, the only concern I have is if it works! Are any of you guys going to give this a shot in a months time when it is released? Looking at who is behind the company, it just doesn't have the hallmarks of a scam, I even checked FDA sources and found that they were registered for several clinical trials.

Comment

• Thinning@30
      • Mar 2010

UK_, it looks like the email they sent you is very similar to the one they sent HairHell. Was there anything of interest in the attachments? I'm a little miffed that they still haven't posted the before and after pictures and the information on clinical trials--I've been eagerly anticipating that all week. Maybe it is on the website now, and I just haven't found it.

I agree that this one doesn't have the hallmarks of a typical hair loss scam, but there is something odd about it. They don't seem to be doing much to promote their product. Think about it: if they have a highly effective over- the-counter hair loss treatment that requires only topical applications and shows results in very little time, why aren't they doing a lot more to get the word out? If this is a legitimate product, I can't really tell what their business model is supposed to be.

I'm considering trialing this one, pending the release of the additional information. I'm going to wait for the men's version to become available though. I also have some scalp issues with itchiness and sebhorrea that I want to get under control before starting anything new. Other than that, I would probably be a good candidate, since I'm not currently doing anything else to treat my hair loss, except Nizoral shampoo (1%) several times a week. Plus, I live in the U.S. so no worries about overseas shipping.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Thinning@30
        UK_, it looks like the email they sent you is very similar to the one they sent HairHell. Was there anything of interest in the attachments? I'm a little miffed that they still haven't posted the before and after pictures and the information on clinical trials--I've been eagerly anticipating that all week. Maybe it is on the website now, and I just haven't found it.

I agree that this one doesn't have the hallmarks of a typical hair loss scam, but there is something odd about it. They don't seem to be doing much to promote their product. Think about it: if they have a highly effective over- the-counter hair loss treatment that requires only topical applications and shows results in very little time, why aren't they doing a lot more to get the word out? If this is a legitimate product, I can't really tell what their business model is supposed to be.

I'm considering trialing this one, pending the release of the additional information. I'm going to wait for the men's version to become available though. I also have some scalp issues with itchiness and sebhorrea that I want to get under control before starting anything new. Other than that, I would probably be a good candidate, since I'm not currently doing anything else to treat my hair loss, except Nizoral shampoo (1&#37 several times a week. Plus, I live in the U.S. so no worries about overseas shipping.
        Yes I agree, very similar however we did email them in the same week (almost) there were no attachments to the email, I emailed Cheryl back regarding the attachments and if she could send them again, so as soon as I get a reply ill post them back up on here.

Re 'trialing this one', i'd honestly say it's clearly worth a shot, the best part for me is the fact that you only apply it once and then wait 4 - 6 weeks for the results. Yeah overseas shipping might be an issue for me, if they dont ship overseas I can get a friend who I know in the states to mail it over.

But yeah, this is definitely worth a shot, it just doesn't have the hallmarks of your typical scam, they've been around for over a decade, much of the advisory board are accredited US based medical professionals and researchers. Also, if you look at some of the forums regarding 'dry eye syndrome' a lot of the posters also started off with initial scepticism regarding their product I-Ease later found it significantly reduced irritation and discomfort, and this wasnt through a temporary pain relief mechanism but through regeneration at the cellular level.

Comment

• KeepHoping
          • Dec 2010

last week ended and still no pictures... I hope what they put up is amazing.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by KeepHoping
            last week ended and still no pictures... I hope what they put up is amazing.
            Yeah, Ive had no reply regarding the attachments - I was hoping they might have been before/after pictures or some official statistics - even still - I just cant see a company with so many accredited scientific researchers being a scam. They've been around since 1997 - surely - during that period they've achieved more than conjuring up a bottle of Saw Palmetto and Minoxidil and branding it as a 'stem cell molecule precursor' or whatever.

Snake oil usually needs to be applied daily aswel, its strange how this is one application that gets to work over a period of 6 weeks, no "normal" ingredients work like that.

Comment

• KeepHoping
              • Dec 2010

I think you do apply it daily at least for the initial period and then the dosage decreases to twice a week, it's written in one of those attachments she sent you I believe.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                • Mar 2010

I think you do apply it daily at least for the initial period and then the dosage decreases to twice a week, it's written in one of those attachments she sent you I believe.
                KeepHoping, if you emailed the company and they sent you some attachments, would you mind describing what was in those attachments for the readers of this thread? I know UK_ and some others got emails from the company that referenced attachments even though nothing was attached.

Based on the size of the product, I can't imagine it being something you apply every day, at least not for an extended period. The bottles are 15 ml. For those of us who are unfamiliar with the metric system, 1 ml is about 20 drops, and the daily minoxidil dose is about 3 mls twice a day.

I wonder what the difference is between the men's and women's versions of this product. It is interesting that the women's version is being released first. I always thought female pattern baldness was more resistant to treatments than male pattern baldness.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                  • Dec 2010

This is copied from the attachment I received:

Stem Cell-Based Hair Regrowth Spray

HSC is formulated using BRS’s core technology where the molecules from
                  multiple stem cell types are used to mimic the natural healing and growth
                  processes of the human body. Our S2RM TechnologyTM nourishes the scalp’s
                  stem cell niche where the hair and the hair’s pigmentation develop. For the
                  millions of men and women who struggle with their hair loss, the results of
                  our HSC trial indicate the potential for a highly effective treatment option that stimulates growth of new hairs along with increasing the thickness of existing hairs, doing so with increased natural pigmentation of the hair. BRS’ new product called HSC represents a non-invasive and effective shift from conventional treatment options to one that can promote the growth of new or dormant hairs using the body's own naturally occurring regenerative mechanisms.

How do I use my HSC hair regrowth spray?

Hair Stemulating ComplexTM is to be used once daily on the affected portion of the scalp for one week. After week one, apply spray every other day. After application, hair can be styled as usual, as product will not interfere with styling products and will not interfere or interact with colored or bleached hair. Best results will be obtained when sprayed to a
                  cleansed scalp. A light spray, consisting of one or two pumps, should be applied to the affected and adjacent areas. Hair growth will be seen in 4-6 weeks after initial usage. Once the desired level of hair growth is achieved, product may be stopped for four weeks before starting another cycle of application.

Store your HSC Hair ReGrowth spray at room temperature and away from heat, moisture (wetness), and direct light. Do not keep product with a date on it that has passed, or product that you no longer need. Keep the spray out of reach of children. Follow these steps to spray Hair Stemulating ComplexTM correctly:

•Wash your hair/scalp with shampoo and water. Rinse and dry your hair/scalp. (Shampooing once a day, or every other day is usually sufficient).
                  •Hold the spray cap about 2-3 inches from the affected site of your scalp..
                  •Direct the sprayer at your scalp.
                  •Use 2-4 pump sprays during week one to spray sufficient amount of HSC on the affected site. After week one, use 2-3 pumps of spray.
                  •Continue application in this manner to other affected areas until the whole affected area, along with adjacent areas of the scalp, have been sprayed.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                    • Mar 2010

Thanks, KeepHoping.

Well I guess once daily is still an easier regiment to comply with than Minoxidil, especially if the stuff dries quickly and is not too greasy.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                      • Dec 2010

It makes me nervous that no pictures are posted... Seems like one of those things that should happen right off the bat.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                        • Dec 2010

This has to be bull... how come nobody heard about them in their trials? They sound like Histogen

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CVAZBAR
                          This has to be bull... how come nobody heard about them in their trials? They sound like Histogen
                          Im starting to think it is, where are the studies?! Surely if this product is so great we would know about the studies...

and check this out, found this product called CyGenX... sounds like the same kind of sophisticated snake oil Histogen rip off to me:

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by UK_
                            Im starting to think it is, where are the studies?! Surely if this product is so great we would know about the studies...

and check this out, found this product called CyGenX... sounds like the same kind of sophisticated snake oil Histogen rip off to me:

http://stemcellbaldnesscures.com/tag/cygenx/
                            Yeah, seems to me that they are a bunch of dickheads trying to take advantage of people. I'm tired of this industry!

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                              • Dec 2010

Is it me or does the forum seem dead? We have nothing new and exciting to talk about. Spencer keeps saying in his show that he was going have interviews on some new shit but it's lagging. I forgot exactly who they were but I think one was on cloning and the other was on donor from another person. I just can't remember the names of these Doctors.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                                • Mar 2010

Originally Posted by CVAZBAR
                                Agreed. It doesn't bode well that the company has allowed so much time to go by without posting the promised photos and studies. I was seriously considering trialing this one if they provided decent before and after photos and information about their trials. I still might if they manage to deliver something promising soon.

This product did seem to come out of nowhere. I was hoping that this company had a legit treatment that had somehow flown under the radar all this time, but the longer it takes them to release results, the less likely that seems. This sort of reminds of the Hairmax Lasercomb. Their people promised Spencer a bunch of studies showing their product's efficacy, but they never delivered. Of course, to this day they're still selling the product to anyone willing to buy it.

Comment

Working...