+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    They emailed me back to tell me their supposed to put the pictures up by the end of the week to show some of the before and afters of the study I believe. Wouldn't a product like this have to pass through the FDA though?
    That's what they claim they've been doing all these years, clinical trials since 1997, which in all fairness is a decade before Histogen, BRS also have a VERY similar procedure to Histogen, I doubt on any grounds they would have known about Histogen in 1997, being as though Histogen started up in 2007 (I think). So who is copying who? Because they both look very similar apart from the WNT7A use Histogen adopts, BRS use a very similar procedure of extracting growth factors from stem cells under certain conditions.

Having said that, I am yet to hear any positive feedback from any women who have used the HairStemulating Complex, whatever happens Ill give it a shot, you can't exactly compare something like this to the real snake oil Saw Palmetto shampoos you get being sold on ebay.

A short bio of the CEO (Dr Greg Maguire):

"Dr Greg Maguire was professor of neuroscience and ophthalmology at the University of California, San Diego where he studied systems biology and stem cells in the nervous system, employing a variety of methodologies including biophysics, metabolomics, and reverse engineering. He has been instrumental in the development and approval of several drugs and routinely meets with the US FDA. Dr. Maguire is currently co-founder and CEO of BioRegenerative Sciences, Inc. in San Diego, CA USA, and president of the San Diego Neuroscience Group at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, CA USA."

Has anyone actually tried snake oil as a treatment for hair loss?

I want to believe this but do you really think that a soluable product can be the answer to reverse hairloss? They claim it awakens dormant follicles as well as rejuvenating thin ones, if that's true this is the biggest product to hit the market right?

I want to believe this but do you really think that a soluable product can be the answer to reverse hairloss? They claim it awakens dormant follicles as well as rejuvenating thin ones, if that's true this is the biggest product to hit the market right?
    What about Minoxidil? Latisse? All have shown, as topical solutions to promote hair growth, there is no reason why a topical formula cannot theoretically be applied to the scalp to affect 'dormant' hair follicles.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    What about Minoxidil? Latisse? All have shown, as topical solutions to promote hair growth, there is no reason why a topical formula cannot theoretically be applied to the scalp to affect 'dormant' hair follicles.
    I think Latisse (Bimatoprost) might be the next thing we see coming to the market. This is a new link to one of Dr. Baumans clips on YT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zpO..._order&list=UL

Okay guys here it is, my email reply from BioRegenerative Sciences regarding their products claims and ingredients, to be honest, their reply was pretty fast, and very detailed. Here it is:

Sorry for the late reply. My supervisor was going to supply me with specifics regarding clinic trials plus some before and after pictures but instead this information will be posted online within the week. Please keep checking our website as we are constantly updating our pages with more products and product information. HSC is in a simple suspension with preservative.

The active ingredients are the combination of molecules that are released from two different types of stem cells that are normally found in the scalp; these molecules from the stem cells are responsible for promoting hair growth and pigmentation of the hair. HSC for women is topical. It is an aqueous formulation and will dry just as if you placed water on your scalp. You do not rinse off; just apply and let dry and style your hair any way you want including rewetting it. We do not recommend using a hair dryer AFTER application for extended times. A treatment is 2 x 15 ml bottles and should last about six to eight weeks.

This is a complete treatment that will show initial results. Treatment will need to be continued thereafter. Our current product is formulated for women. By late May or early June we will have sizes and pricing available online for our product specifically designed for men.

The women's formula is safe for men, but we are still in the final stages of testing the men's product. In the meanwhile I've supplied some attachments for your review. If you have any further questions, please contact my email or phone.

Thank you,Cheryl Cheryl Ward, CPhT, RMA
    bioregenerativesciences.com
    Phone - 877-892-9991
    Fax - 877-892-9995
    Customer Service Deptartment

So it would seem it is one treatment of 2 x 15ml bottles of the HSC which will show results after 4 - 6 weeks, doesn't need to be applied every day which is advantageous, the only concern I have is if it works! Are any of you guys going to give this a shot in a months time when it is released? Looking at who is behind the company, it just doesn't have the hallmarks of a scam, I even checked FDA sources and found that they were registered for several clinical trials.

UK_, it looks like the email they sent you is very similar to the one they sent HairHell. Was there anything of interest in the attachments? I'm a little miffed that they still haven't posted the before and after pictures and the information on clinical trials--I've been eagerly anticipating that all week. Maybe it is on the website now, and I just haven't found it.

I agree that this one doesn't have the hallmarks of a typical hair loss scam, but there is something odd about it. They don't seem to be doing much to promote their product. Think about it: if they have a highly effective over- the-counter hair loss treatment that requires only topical applications and shows results in very little time, why aren't they doing a lot more to get the word out? If this is a legitimate product, I can't really tell what their business model is supposed to be.

I'm considering trialing this one, pending the release of the additional information. I'm going to wait for the men's version to become available though. I also have some scalp issues with itchiness and sebhorrea that I want to get under control before starting anything new. Other than that, I would probably be a good candidate, since I'm not currently doing anything else to treat my hair loss, except Nizoral shampoo (1%) several times a week. Plus, I live in the U.S. so no worries about overseas shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    UK_, it looks like the email they sent you is very similar to the one they sent HairHell. Was there anything of interest in the attachments? I'm a little miffed that they still haven't posted the before and after pictures and the information on clinical trials--I've been eagerly anticipating that all week. Maybe it is on the website now, and I just haven't found it.

I agree that this one doesn't have the hallmarks of a typical hair loss scam, but there is something odd about it. They don't seem to be doing much to promote their product. Think about it: if they have a highly effective over- the-counter hair loss treatment that requires only topical applications and shows results in very little time, why aren't they doing a lot more to get the word out? If this is a legitimate product, I can't really tell what their business model is supposed to be.

I'm considering trialing this one, pending the release of the additional information. I'm going to wait for the men's version to become available though. I also have some scalp issues with itchiness and sebhorrea that I want to get under control before starting anything new. Other than that, I would probably be a good candidate, since I'm not currently doing anything else to treat my hair loss, except Nizoral shampoo (1&#37 several times a week. Plus, I live in the U.S. so no worries about overseas shipping.
    Yes I agree, very similar however we did email them in the same week (almost) there were no attachments to the email, I emailed Cheryl back regarding the attachments and if she could send them again, so as soon as I get a reply ill post them back up on here.

Re 'trialing this one', i'd honestly say it's clearly worth a shot, the best part for me is the fact that you only apply it once and then wait 4 - 6 weeks for the results. Yeah overseas shipping might be an issue for me, if they dont ship overseas I can get a friend who I know in the states to mail it over.

But yeah, this is definitely worth a shot, it just doesn't have the hallmarks of your typical scam, they've been around for over a decade, much of the advisory board are accredited US based medical professionals and researchers. Also, if you look at some of the forums regarding 'dry eye syndrome' a lot of the posters also started off with initial scepticism regarding their product I-Ease later found it significantly reduced irritation and discomfort, and this wasnt through a temporary pain relief mechanism but through regeneration at the cellular level.

last week ended and still no pictures... I hope what they put up is amazing.

last week ended and still no pictures... I hope what they put up is amazing.
    Yeah, Ive had no reply regarding the attachments - I was hoping they might have been before/after pictures or some official statistics - even still - I just cant see a company with so many accredited scientific researchers being a scam. They've been around since 1997 - surely - during that period they've achieved more than conjuring up a bottle of Saw Palmetto and Minoxidil and branding it as a 'stem cell molecule precursor' or whatever.

Snake oil usually needs to be applied daily aswel, its strange how this is one application that gets to work over a period of 6 weeks, no "normal" ingredients work like that.