+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Story

Default My Story

Long time reader of these forums. Thought it was about time I joined in.

Firstly, these forums are so helpful. It's great to be able to come here, to read other peoples stories, to find useful help and most importantly to know that we are not alone.

I'm a 29 year old male with a NW3 pattern, losing hair since about 22. I have my hair quite long which hides the receding at the temples, however my hairline itself is a disaster (due to a previous HT) and quite noticeable. With full light it is possible to see right back to the middle of my scalp.

It's amazing how much hair loss effects the mind. I heard before that men think about sex every 7 seconds. I think about hair loss much more. It's quite depressing. The comments, and having your friends physically laughing at you because they don't understand how much it effects you. An especially the "look up". This I find the worst. Friends, colleagues stare at your hairline not concentrating on conversation. it's terrible.

I recently met a girl who I like very much but find it hard to be comfortable around her due to my hair. baldness is progressing rapidly and I often catch her doing "the lookup".

I had a previous ht in 2008 with an Irish doctor which turned out disastrous. I was too young and did not know about these forums. There is a thread here discussing this doctor which I will add to later.

So here I am with longish hair, no hairline and no hope of ever shaving head because of scar from ht. My heart goes out to those balding in their teens and can only advise them to wait wait wait before considering a ht.

I am currently using rogaine 5% with Nizoral shampoo. No propecia/proscar as I have just moved from home and it is difficult to get here Canada. Do people think that websites selling proscar are above board? May try that.

Anyway, it's great to get this off my chest. Sorry about the long rant.

get on finasteride asap while you still have enough hair to do the 'cover up.' you may even experience regrowth which will make your hair loss less obvious. when i first started thinning i had no idea that propecia could maintain my existing hair. my dad tried rogaine without success so i figured propecia would yield same disappointing results. well once i did little bit of research on propecia i regretted not getting on the med sooner. there is possibility of having side effect but i'll leave that to the anti-propecia brigade to splain