Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gubter_87
    • Aug 2010

Footballer Wesley Sneijder had hair multiplication with Dr. Gho

Okay, I know Dr. Gho has a horrible reputation online... but these results are actually amazing. He claims that he has performed his hair multiplication technique where he extracts hair stem cells and places them in thinning areas.
    He claims this does not cause any loss of hair from the donor area and that one hair stem cell generates on average 2,5 hairs.

Wesley Sneijder allgedley had this performed just before christmas last year, and well... I cannot say anything but that the results look amazing.

Before: http://img811.imageshack.us/i/wesley...ramonastr.jpg/

Now: http://img821.imageshack.us/i/wesley...bresciaca.jpg/

What can we actually make of this? Is Dr. Gho actually on to something here?
  • CVAZBAR
    • Dec 2010

The question is whether this was actual HM technique or a regular Fue or Strip. Does he clearly say he did that on sneidjer?

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

Strip? Are you kidding me. Where is the scar which should be OBVIOUS

Comment

• CVAZBAR
        • Dec 2010

Well first of all I never seen sneijder up close so I would not be able to say. But his head is not shaved. To me it seems like he has a 1 or a 2 clip all around. Maybe he did Acell and hides it well. If I had to guess it was most likely FUE. If it really is HM, that's crazy. I still don't understand the procedure though. How does he extract and place the stem cells?

Comment

• HairTalk
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Gubter_87
          Okay, I know Dr. Gho has a horrible reputation online... but these results are actually amazing. He claims that he has performed his hair multiplication technique where he extracts hair stem cells and places them in thinning areas.
          He claims this does not cause any loss of hair from the donor area and that one hair stem cell generates on average 2,5 hairs.

Wesley Sneijder allgedley had this performed just before christmas last year, and well... I cannot say anything but that the results look amazing.

Before: http://img811.imageshack.us/i/wesley...ramonastr.jpg/

Now: http://img821.imageshack.us/i/wesley...bresciaca.jpg/

What can we actually make of this? Is Dr. Gho actually on to something here?
          Are we basing our characterization of the alleged procedure as "amazing" on the two images provided, here? That would be insane.

Comment

• Flowers
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
            Are we basing our characterization of the alleged procedure as "amazing" on the two images provided, here? That would be insane.
            I second that notion.
            That could very well be an easy, low graft HT

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
              • Apr 2011

Gubter, where did you get the info about Sneijder's transplant ? It sure does look good.

Comment

• Gubter_87
                • Aug 2010

Come on guys. Getting that kind of results without a single follicle being transplanted would be nothing short of amazing... I mean, to me, that looks like a full head of hair in the last picture.

I would be very surprised if A-cell was involved in this in any way, as it is not approved for human use in Europe.

This is copied form Dr. Ghos clinic website www.hasci.com

"Wesley Sneijder (26), the high-scoring attacking midfielder of the Dutch national football team and the club FC Internazionale in Italy, underwent Hair Stem Cell Transplantation (HaarStamcel Transplantatie®) just before Christmas. The treatment was carried out in Maastricht and was made public on 12 January by the television programme Shownieuws on channel SBS6 (www.shownieuws.tv). Close
                Here at the Hair Science Institute, we are now excitedly waiting for Wesley’s next goal-scoring header. You can find more information about Wesley Sneijder on www.sneijderofficial.com"

Maybe someone who speaks dutch can check out the news clip and see what Sneijder actually says about the procedure?

Comment

• Gubter_87
                  • Aug 2010

If I understand the technique correctly it seems to be essentially hair plucking. He plucks a hair and then takes the stem cells surrounding and implants into the thinning area.

However he claims to have a patent on this technique, so in some way it must differ from the technique that Dr. Cooley and other doctors have started experimenting with?

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                    Inactive
                    • Jan 2011

Here you have everything you have to know about what Gho is doing

Comment

• Dutch_Dude
                      • Jul 2010

Well i am from nl and trust me, the website in english is the same. If you look at the patient results they are surprisingly bad...

Comment

• Gubter_87
                        • Aug 2010

I definately would not call the results on the website bad if in fact not a single hair has been lost from the donor area. On the contrary I would say it is really impressive.

The only question is whether these actually are average results that one could expect... probably not.

Comment

• HairTalk
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                          http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloa...%20Neumann.pdf

Here you have everything you have to know about what Gho is doing
                          An excellent article, I feel, but only five subjects were involved (yes, the text does note this limitation). I'd like to see a few clinics repeat such a study, with more subjects, such we may gain a stronger sense of how repeatable these results are.

A few questions:

1. Why is no phorographic record provided of recipient areas as one is of donor areas?

2. Besides diameter, how was the quality of re-grown hairs? I.e., were they of the same texture, color, etc. as those of surrounding hairs?

3. Would this procedure benefit from being supplement with ACell or another such medium, for packing in the donor and/or recipient areas?

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                            • Apr 2011

Man, I was all excited a couple of days ago when I clicked on the link to this Hasci clinic until I saw the photos. There's hardly a difference between the before and afters. Maybe 15 % more hair than before but what good is that ? Can these guys actually give density or that's the best they can do ?

So, those aren't regular HTs ?

Comment

• Gubter_87
                              • Aug 2010

VictimofDHT; I do not really know exactly what pictures you are looking at, but some of the pictures on the clinics site are really impressive. There are some who have gone from bald to a seemingly full heads of hair. I guess it all depends on how many stem-cells they had transplanted.

Now I am not trying to push for this clinic or treatment as I seem to remember that a couple of top HT-clinics went together and issued a warning against Dr. Ghos practice.

But I do think it will be interesting to follow the results of a public person like Wesley Sneijder who has seemingly gone through with the treatment, as I doubt he would have any reason whatsoever to fabricate the results in any way.

Comment

Working...