+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Well i am from nl and trust me, the website in english is the same. If you look at the patient results they are surprisingly bad...

I definately would not call the results on the website bad if in fact not a single hair has been lost from the donor area. On the contrary I would say it is really impressive.

The only question is whether these actually are average results that one could expect... probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloa...%20Neumann.pdf

Here you have everything you have to know about what Gho is doing
    An excellent article, I feel, but only five subjects were involved (yes, the text does note this limitation). I'd like to see a few clinics repeat such a study, with more subjects, such we may gain a stronger sense of how repeatable these results are.

A few questions:

1. Why is no phorographic record provided of recipient areas as one is of donor areas?

2. Besides diameter, how was the quality of re-grown hairs? I.e., were they of the same texture, color, etc. as those of surrounding hairs?

3. Would this procedure benefit from being supplement with ACell or another such medium, for packing in the donor and/or recipient areas?

Man, I was all excited a couple of days ago when I clicked on the link to this Hasci clinic until I saw the photos. There's hardly a difference between the before and afters. Maybe 15 % more hair than before but what good is that ? Can these guys actually give density or that's the best they can do ?

So, those aren't regular HTs ?

VictimofDHT; I do not really know exactly what pictures you are looking at, but some of the pictures on the clinics site are really impressive. There are some who have gone from bald to a seemingly full heads of hair. I guess it all depends on how many stem-cells they had transplanted.

Now I am not trying to push for this clinic or treatment as I seem to remember that a couple of top HT-clinics went together and issued a warning against Dr. Ghos practice.

But I do think it will be interesting to follow the results of a public person like Wesley Sneijder who has seemingly gone through with the treatment, as I doubt he would have any reason whatsoever to fabricate the results in any way.

Inactive

You should push clinics to get on the Gho train, it would be better for all of us believe me.

Also ask yourself one question. How is it possible if someone got a hair transplant around christmas 2010, that shortly after this he is doing sports where he

a) sweats
    b) is out in cold weather
    c) is passing headballs to other players

Without damaging his transplant? Also his hairs are short and therefore we could easily exclude Concealer and stuff

Richard Dawkins;

No offence, but knowing how you keep making unsubstantiated claims, pushing totally unproven techniques and treatments with little to no knowledge about physiology or how the process from discovery to available treatment works.... I would rather not just take your word for it.

However please do feel free to come with substantiated claims preferably along with sources why you believe that every clinic should jump on Dr. Ghos train?

And I really do not mean to offend you, it is just that I prefer to keep this discussion far away from the regular bickering that has been going on in most other threads.

Also as most clinics only recommend to refrain from physical exercise for 2-4 weeks after a FUE procedure I dont see the problem with having such a procedure done during the christmas break even if you are a professional footballer.

Inactive

Simple because the science behind this Gho thing is actually NO MAGIC and its in fact very OLD NEWS but no one did pursue this path actually because lets face it in the beginnings a lot of surgeons were discrediting FUE as well as an unproven and unworking technique.

And look how that turned out here. Ok if this WS op is not convincing then lets see, after only 3 to 4 months WS looks like he had a full head of hair right? Well after FUE and FUT you would have lost em all already (in a 3 to 4 month span)

Can anyone actually claim that out of ALL of these procedures of Acell/PRP/Plucking etc, that EVERY SINGLE hair that was plucked or processed in a HM fashion failed to grow in recipient or grow back in donor?

I doubt they can, something somewhere worked, and its hard to find it - its like Dr Cole stated, its not that it doesn't work its harder than finding a needle in a haystack to prove it does.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Can anyone actually claim that out of ALL of these procedures of Acell/PRP/Plucking etc, that EVERY SINGLE hair that was plucked or processed in a HM fashion failed to grow in recipient or grow back in donor?

I doubt they can, something somewhere worked, and its hard to find it - its like Dr Cole stated, its not that it doesn't work its harder than finding a needle in a haystack to prove it does.
    Ok i think i am in the Twilight Zone or in a worst Episode of Outer Limits here because

People openly agree (almost everyone) Yea Donor Regeneration works no biggie AND WE ALL ARE FIGHTING HERE? WTF Seriously, instead of going the lazy " ohhh how can you tell bla bla" we should get the whole effin ht circle to experiment and find the solution.

You know if acell would only bring aroung 70% Donor regrwoth, Ähhhheeeemm i would say " ****ING USE IT" because this would also mean infinite donor hair and a real restoration and no illusion bullcrap anymore and no strip scars.

You know even 50% regeneration is in fact remarkable but should be drastically improved. Oh man you could fix a NW7 for good.

Yes ok now i can say iam officially trapped in the Twilight Zone