+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question

Hey Dale,

Where did you read about spraying saline solution on the recipient area? I was just curious. It doesn't make sense since saline can actually act as a drying agent. Either way it won't hurt your growth, but I was curious about where you got this information.

Thanks!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Skeptic1st

Default Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    Hey Dale,

Where did you read about spraying saline solution on the recipient area? I was just curious. It doesn't make sense since saline can actually act as a drying agent. Either way it won't hurt your growth, but I was curious about where you got this information.

Thanks!
    Hey Spencer
    In my search for a remedy to keep my head a bit moist from scabbing too much, I found this web page that suggested the Saline solution idea.
    hairtransplantcosts. com/hairmaintenance.html
    I didnt know it acted as a drying agent,but I will admit it does soothe my head when I spritz it on.I dont overdo it, at first I was considering every few hours,now i just spritz a few times a day when I feel itchyness.

Skeptic1st

Default Spencer

Heres another site that promotes Saline solution to the recipient area, as well as that graftcyte stuff which appears very expensive.
    http://www.hairtransplantadviser.org...estoration.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic1st View Post
    Heres another site that promotes Saline solution to the recipient area, as well as that graftcyte stuff which appears very expensive.
    http://www.hairtransplantadviser.org...estoration.htm
    Again, I was just curious. If you think it's helping you then stick with it. It's not going to effect your growth either way.

How are you feeling by the way?
    Spencer Kobren

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Skeptic1st

Default Feeling pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    Again, I was just curious. If you think it's helping you then stick with it. It's not going to effect your growth either way.

How are you feeling by the way?
    Im feeling pretty good all things considered thanks for asking Spencer.Like others on this site, Im anxious to be able to shampoo and scrub the flakes/scabs off my head as soon as I can,but Im only six days post op now so Im trying to be patient about it.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic1st View Post
    Im feeling pretty good all things considered thanks for asking Spencer.Like others on this site, Im anxious to be able to shampoo and scrub the flakes/scabs off my head as soon as I can,but Im only six days post op now so Im trying to be patient about it.
    Good to hear that you're doing well Dale.

I wouldn't "scrub" the scabs off if I were you. Hang in there, before you know it you'll be back to your normal life.
    Spencer Kobren