+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

playsound Restoration Robotics ARTAS System

Robotic Assisted Hair Transplants - Will Restoration Robotics' ARTAS System Revolutionize Surgical Hair Restoration?

Inactive

I really hope Spencer will Interview Gho some time soon ;-) i think this is much more interesting at this point in time ^^

I actually think that this is very compelling. It looks light years ahead of the Neograft especially if it extracts the follicles effortlessly and precisely. When will other IAHRS doctors be offering this or is it still in the experimental stage since it was only approved for certain types of hair?

Thumbs up

I think this is very interesting too. I know that these future treatments will someday be available, but this is what we have now and it sounds very promising. If doctors can remove these grafts more rapidly and have less transection rates, then FUE hair transplants will end up being better overall and the costs will be driven down. I hope.

I was initially against this but the more I think about it the more I think that this holds potential. The thought of a robot performing such delicate surgery is uncomfortable to me. However, when you consider the fact that robots are now performing heart surgery the application for hair seems less offensive. I'm sure there are details we're not aware of though. I wonder how much input the surgeon has in customizing the approach for each patient. The ability to input specific parameters for the application on an individual basis is hopefully present so that there is not a "one size fits all" approach.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

film Restoration Robotic’s ARTAS System In Action - Exclusive First Look

This is exclusive video provided to The Bald Truth of the ARTAS System in action. The ability to accurately identify the size, shape, exit angle and hair shaft diameter of each follicular unit while eliminating physician fatigue during the extraction process is what sets this latest FDA cleared device apart from its predecessors. We will be posting more exclusive video in the coming weeks along with more in-depth analysis of the possible benefits or drawbacks of this physician guided robotic FUE extraction tool.

It’s important to remember that the final outcome of all surgical hair restoration is dependant upon the skill and artistry of the hair transplant surgeon and their staff. If you choose to have an FUE procedure with a clinic who utilizes any type of FUE extraction machine, make sure that you verify that they are recommended by The American Hair Loss Association and the IAHRS, and that your surgeon has a proven track record of consistent superior results.

That's very cool video! So it looks like the follicles just pop out after they are extracted. What size punch is being used and how many grafts can be extracted in one sitting?

My question is about the customization of the approach. In other words, is the punch a standard size or can it be modified for smaller or larger punches on the fly?

Also, the previously stated issue that the software has in recognizing blonde or white hair can easily be addressed with a temporary hair dye. Because the donor area is shaved during the procedure, to facilitate the extractions, the hair can be shaved down again a week or two after the procedure to remove the dyed portion of the hair. At this point the only part of the hair follicles that are dyed will be on the tips anyway.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Junior Member Sara Wasserbauer, MD's Avatar

Default How many?

Ah, I was hoping someone would ask! I hold the current record for grafts in a single session at a little over 1700. I also hold the record for lowest transection rate in a case over 1000 grafts at 3.2%...

Considering I am one of only three people who has ever had a chance to operate one of these machines, these records have little or no meaning and will likely fall like the proverbial house of cards the minute these robots come into wide use. However, until then, I will wear my badge proudly!

Also, the machine I have is fully customizable (any parameter you can think of) but I have a prototype so I cannot speak to what the final production version will be like. Hope that helps answer the questions!

Inactive

INTERESTING indeed

Maybe this device could somehow simulate what Gho is doing right now, just out of curiosity. If this would work consistent and also regenerate the Donor, i would say Jackpot