+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Andy - Very good post.
    I used to visit this site a while ago and make the same arguments.
    Many people have said that you look like your 40 when your actually in your 20's because of balding. That to me is absurd.
    I have shaved my head since i was 18.....now nw5 and 32. I have been told i look younger than i am numerous times......so therefore baldness alone must not equate to looking older.
    I think its much more to do with demeanour, confidence and looking after yourself.

Gosh I don't know where to start? Get Nizoral shampoo for psoriasis 2x week let it sit for five minutes.You may need prescription strength.
    Go find a Dr.who does PRP with Acell and get that done 1x than wait 3mo. and repeat and do this a few times and it will make the hair you have really look its best! You want to keep what you have in good condition because cloning is around the corner.I would also look into diet because generally people with psoriasis have to stay away from dairy and red meats.and usually they need to really watch their diets.
    Do not wear a wig! Everyone will know and you will look like a fool!
    It is better to take care of yourself and look the best you can without resorting to anything cosmetic or ridiculous. Good luck! Be happy with yourself and woman will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by jooder View Post
    Andy - Very good post.
    I used to visit this site a while ago and make the same arguments.
    Many people have said that you look like your 40 when your actually in your 20's because of balding. That to me is absurd.
    I have shaved my head since i was 18.....now nw5 and 32. I have been told i look younger than i am numerous times......so therefore baldness alone must not equate to looking older.
    I think its much more to do with demeanour, confidence and looking after yourself.
    you're right baldness alone does not equate to someone looking much older. unfortunately, it's a huge part of the reason for majority of men. fortunately, it isn't for you.

For some men baldness = depression. Depression = comfort eating, little exercise, lack of grooming, lack of confidence.
    The result - a bald, overweight man, unhealthy looking skin, poor hygiene and poor posture. A man who looks older than his years because of all these factors.
    If you can manage to remain confident and exercise well you break the vicious cycle.
    eg. Andre Agassi, Jason Statham, Michael Jordan etc etc

I think all of these men look no older than their true age and often younger.

Quote Originally Posted by jooder View Post
    For some men baldness = depression. Depression = comfort eating, little exercise, lack of grooming, lack of confidence.
    The result - a bald, overweight man, unhealthy looking skin, poor hygiene and poor posture. A man who looks older than his years because of all these factors.
    If you can manage to remain confident and exercise well you break the vicious cycle.
    eg. Andre Agassi, Jason Statham, Michael Jordan etc etc

I think all of these men look no older than their true age and often younger.
    yeah, for some men, sure. the thing is you can insert any number of vocab in place of the word bald like unemployed, divorced, ugly, pimple face yada yada yada. you mention those famous people who look great bald but there are hundreds of thousands of bald men that are extremely talented and gifted yet they fail to live up to their potential because hair loss can destroy your appearance whether you're toned, tanned, ripped, tall, well dressed, great hygiene WHATEVER. sure you can say well they probably weren't good looking to begin with. the truth is, one can go from above average to average after hair loss like jason statham, but that's not the case for all men and i would go as far as to say that simply isn't true for most men.

it's not enough to break the 'vicious cycle.' baldness = depression = fat stinky slob? that means you weren't a fat stinky slob prior to hair loss. if hair loss affected you enough to make you go into real depression then i doubt working out and having amazing abs would bring back your confidence. however, i do believe there are guys like jason statham who can pull off a decent bald look and it's those men who will receive appreciable benefit from working out, living healthy lifestyle etc because 'they probably aren't ugly without hair to begin with.'

i'm happy that you're one of the minority who can pull off a decent bald head but sadly not all of us are jason statham or bruce willis.

all these motivational, encouraging, inspiring, feel-good hair loss stories have their place sure. it's usually applicable to those who go from 8 to 6 (on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best) after hair loss but not for those who will go from 8 to 3 (and yes hair is that important/crucial to appearance for some).

And one thing the guy seemed to have forgotten, these guys are multi millionaires who can have the world under their feet. They live comfortable lives and that can make them look younger. With the kind of money they're making they dont really need to worry about confidence. Money usually can give you all the confidence you want . So yeah, what applies to these guys does NOT apply to every one, and like I said else where, you can't expect all of us to react the same way to whatever problem we're having. Some people don't give a rat's ass about losing their hairs. Some DO, big time. I don't know why people just don't want to come to that realization.

The reason i gave examples of celebrities is because people are likely to know them. It would be a little bit pointless saying 'my mate Dave looks great bald' as you wouldnt know him : )
    At the end of the day, if your not happy - do something about it.
    Hair transplants can offer decent looking hair.....and plastic surgery is available to alter your looks. We only have one life.

I say go get laid first, that will take care of being a virgin, and then go for the HT, if you feel like it and have the money.

No Strip surgery, only go FUE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    I say go get laid first, that will take care of being a virgin, and then go for the HT, if you feel like it and have the money.

No Strip surgery, only go FUE
    To many of us losing hair means low self confidence, which means you won't have much success getting laid, or actually your interest in getting laid will decrease because I do believe your confidence can have an effect on your sex drive. Feeling good about yourself (and your looks) can do wonders on you (psychologically).

I do think FUE is the way to go if you don't want scars or any other negative effects that are associated with FUT but I keep hearing/reading that the survival rates of the hairs with FUE is much lower. I've actually been told that by a doctor. So I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    To many of us losing hair means low self confidence, which means you won't have much success getting laid, or actually your interest in getting laid will decrease because I do believe your confidence can have an effect on your sex drive. Feeling good about yourself (and your looks) can do wonders on you (psychologically).

I do think FUE is the way to go if you don't want scars or any other negative effects that are associated with FUT but I keep hearing/reading that the survival rates of the hairs with FUE is much lower. I've actually been told that by a doctor. So I don't know.
    Don't you just wish the magical Histogen injections were already here? You know the one that you get one injection and can see regrowth even after a year. Hopefully, 10 years from now[at most] I will be looking back at this website with a full head of hair. Well then, there wouldn't be any reason for me to be on this website at 4AM, i'd be sleeping like 32 year old baby, with hair

Makes me happy just thinking positive. At least for a few seconds before I go back to staring at my head in the mirror, wondering when this nightmare will end.