+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    i can only hope and pray that a real viable treatment will come to fruition. but i will hold on to propecia for my dear life until then. well maybe i would sing a different tune if i actually had sides but since i don't i'll continue taking it.
    I might give Propecia a shot aswel, I might regret it later on if I dont, Ive been hoping to hold out for a better treatment, I do believe something is coming, biotech is moving so fast today its impossible to keep up with the developments, I just imagine being 23 years old, balding and sat in the middle of the 1950's, 60's or 70's where Propecia wasn't even available.

It's funny though because I don't know about anyone else, but the more I look into propecia, the more devastating it seems to be with some people. Ok there are those out there that are probably paid to give negatives, but just taking a step back and looking at the BIG picture on this, there seem to be too many negatives to justfiy why people would lie.

I didn't realize how bad the side effects were until the more I looked into it. some people claim to have really had a problem with their sex life which to be honest, but be an even worse problem than hairloss. I'm not sure whether i should not take any treatment at all and if need be get a hair transplant in time.

I'm going to hopefully speak to a patient advisor this week. I'm interested to know from him whether he has had many patients claiming these side effects. Will keep people posted.

Quote Originally Posted by srtcy View Post
    It's funny though because I don't know about anyone else, but the more I look into propecia, the more devastating it seems to be with some people. Ok there are those out there that are probably paid to give negatives, but just taking a step back and looking at the BIG picture on this, there seem to be too many negatives to justfiy why people would lie.

I didn't realize how bad the side effects were until the more I looked into it. some people claim to have really had a problem with their sex life which to be honest, but be an even worse problem than hairloss. I'm not sure whether i should not take any treatment at all and if need be get a hair transplant in time.

I'm going to hopefully speak to a patient advisor this week. I'm interested to know from him whether he has had many patients claiming these side effects. Will keep people posted.
    but it doesn't matter whether or not your hear about others having sides and what not. all you need to know is that there is a small percentage of men taking propecia who experience sides. nobody knows whether you will experience those sides or not. ok so within those small percentage of men experiencing sides there's even a smaller percentage of men who experience permanent sides. nobody knows whether you will experience permanent sides or not. whether you want to take that risk is completely up to you.

it's asinine to base your decision on a single patient advisor's experience or some anti-propecia advocate.

there's risk involved sure. you either take it or you don't. so simple. so, so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    but it doesn't matter whether or not your hear about others having sides and what not. all you need to know is that there is a small percentage of men taking propecia who experience sides. nobody knows whether you will experience those sides or not. ok so within those small percentage of men experiencing sides there's even a smaller percentage of men who experience permanent sides. nobody knows whether you will experience permanent sides or not. whether you want to take that risk is completely up to you.

it's asinine to base your decision on a single patient advisor's experience or some anti-propecia advocate.

there's risk involved sure. you either take it or you don't. so simple. so, so simple.
    I do agree with you Havok. I'm new to all this so I think its just from initial research its very easy for people to panic a bit to begin with. I'm just being cautious which i would rather be than completely overlooking all of the negatives people say. Just trying to get a good understanding of the drug.

I'm not just going with the patient advisor's decision, in fact there is so much bull on the net I've read, that I feel it's pretty wise to speak to someone like him as he works very closely with Dr Farjo and deals with many patients every day. So getting answers from him as well will probably filter out any bull The good thing is, he emailed me and mentioned that I'm probably not in the right position to have a hair transplant in the future as my hair loss may get worse, but suggested these treatments right away.

So yes your right, and I'm still considering getting on finasteride....Happy Days