+ Reply to Thread

Question Hair cloning with Acell

I may be wrong about this but didn't Intercytex sucessfully clone hair follicals but have bad results with rejection when they were placed in the scalp?

With the results we're seeing from using Acell with plucked hairs doesn't it seem like if they had used Acell when implanting the cloned hairs that it could've reduced the amount of rejection? Did anyone try it? or was Acell not around before Intercytex closed it's doors? Couldn't someone try it now? Aderans have Intercytex's research don't they? Or couldn't someone else set up and try this?

Anywayz I may have it all wrong, I'm pretty new to all this so your feed back and opinions would be welcome.

P.S. Dr. Cooley had involvement with Intercytex didn't he? so I guess he's thought about this at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    I may be wrong about this but didn't Intercytex sucessfully clone hair follicals but have bad results with rejection when they were placed in the scalp?

With the results we're seeing from using Acell with plucked hairs doesn't it seem like if they had used Acell when implanting the cloned hairs that it could've reduced the amount of rejection? Did anyone try it? or was Acell not around before Intercytex closed it's doors? Couldn't someone try it now? Aderans have Intercytex's research don't they? Or couldn't someone else set up and try this?

Anywayz I may have it all wrong, I'm pretty new to all this so your feed back and opinions would be welcome.

P.S. Dr. Cooley had involvement with Intercytex didn't he? so I guess he's thought about this at some point.
    We're not seeing any results from Acell, Bernstein med are the only ones currently running a study into the effectiveness of Acell plucked PRP etc, we wont know until they finish, everything else is just anecdotal, i.e. its worked for 1 patient and failed for the other 36.

Intercytex went bust, but I dont buy that as the entire cause, otherwise Aderans would have mentioned something regarding the value of DP cells when they made the purchase, the company (Intercytex) was also not worth much when it was liquidated, especially for a company that purports to have the holistic cure for male pattern hair loss, you'd think they'd be priceless, and no recession would bring down a company like that to start with. They failed, their phase II results were piss poor, shares rocked, conflate this with the credit crunch and you've got yourself a bust company. Lets hope Berlin Tech come through, ye can always rely on the Germans

Poor William is getting married next week, shame Histogen didnt come through in time lol.