Can my hair become Minoxidil dependent after only 1.5 month?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

Yeah, don't even worry about it... unless you weren't using finasteride and might just have lost some more hair due to DHT/androgenic alopecia itself.

Comment

• PabloR
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by uzi
      Very much and very well articulated! Thanks!
      Glad to help!

Comment

• Person
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by uzi
        Hi guys.

I have been using minoxidil 2% for 1 month and than minoxidil 5% for just ten days, before I got chest pain and decided to stop using the drug. I applied it twice a day, and gave extreme emphasis on the left side hairline which was thinning a little bit.

It was 3 months ago. Now it seems as if the hair on my left side had gone back much more. It seems unsymmetrical to my right side. I also put a touch of minoxidil on my left temple every day and now i'm losing hair there while the hair on my right side temple is completely fine.

Should I be worried or is it just the shedding that comes along with quitting minoxidil and this hair will grow back? Can receding hairline ever grow back? And most importantly - Can my hair become minoxidil dependent after only 1.5 month?!?

Hey Uzi, i am in your exact situation, did you ever regrow the hair you lost on your temple and in the corner? Also, did you ever get a massive all-over shed a few months after quitting like man people apparently do? A response would be greatly appreciated

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Any regrowth will be so yes.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by KeepTheHair
            Most people have maximum results around the 3rd-4th months or so.
            I just noticed this false statement and it needs to be rectified. Maximum results do not happen around 3 or 4 months. It takes about three to four months just to know if Minoxidil is working for you. "Maximum results" takes much much longer. A lot longer. 12 to 18 months or even longer.

Comment

• moore
              • Jun 2012

Hi everyone,

just my 2 cents on this.
              I'm currently on minox, been on and off some times.
              First time I used it I got a lot of itching and dandruff, then after some months the burning sensation just faded.
              Even now, when I use the pharmacy prepared 5% solution, I don't get the same itch.
              What I got is, some hair on my temples look darker, and of course I spilled some on my eyebrow hair and some of it is now growing longer than the rest.

Comment

Working...