+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uzi View Post
    Can my hair become minoxidil dependent after only 1.5 month?!?
    Definitely, yes.

Why do you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by PabloR View Post
    There are numbers of studies that I've read online and all suggest that there willl be dependency on minoxidil after long term usage. When you abruptly stop the usage, the hair you lose as a result of acute shedding is exceedingly disproportionate to any gains or loss prevention you may have attained. However, if you have only used it for few months, you are likely still in the initial shedding stage, then I don't really think it is going to be an issue here. To clarify, in all cases, treatments or no treatments, shedding is not actually "losing hair". This is one of the most common misconceptions in the world of hair loss. Shedding is in fact just the transition of follicles from growth phase to resting phase. They don't fall out and die, never to return. They in fact "go to sleep", to return several months later. Hope this helps!
    whoa didn't know that. thanks for sharing. well at least the OP can sleep better knowing there's nothing he can do about it lol jk. there's very little you can do against aggressive hair loss so don't dwell on making small mistakes here and there during your battle with hair loss.

Most people have maximum results around the 3rd-4th months or so. At 1.5 you will have...SOME hair that are there because of minox and didn't shed, though your still growing back some of which was shed by minox etc...

Some hair will be minox dependant for awhile but will grow back. It won't be much just wait it out the hair will grow back assuming you didn't lose more because of hairloss itself.

Thanks for your comment!

What you are saying is that if the hairloss itself didn't had effect on my hair - hairloss that is not connected to minoxidil - everything will go back to normal after awhile...

Yeah, don't even worry about it... unless you weren't using finasteride and might just have lost some more hair due to DHT/androgenic alopecia itself.

Very much and very well articulated! Thanks!
    Glad to help!

Hi guys.

I have been using minoxidil 2% for 1 month and than minoxidil 5% for just ten days, before I got chest pain and decided to stop using the drug. I applied it twice a day, and gave extreme emphasis on the left side hairline which was thinning a little bit.

It was 3 months ago. Now it seems as if the hair on my left side had gone back much more. It seems unsymmetrical to my right side. I also put a touch of minoxidil on my left temple every day and now i'm losing hair there while the hair on my right side temple is completely fine.

Should I be worried or is it just the shedding that comes along with quitting minoxidil and this hair will grow back? Can receding hairline ever grow back? And most importantly - Can my hair become minoxidil dependent after only 1.5 month?!?

Hey Uzi, i am in your exact situation, did you ever regrow the hair you lost on your temple and in the corner? Also, did you ever get a massive all-over shed a few months after quitting like man people apparently do? A response would be greatly appreciated

Any regrowth will be so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Most people have maximum results around the 3rd-4th months or so.
    I just noticed this false statement and it needs to be rectified. Maximum results do not happen around 3 or 4 months. It takes about three to four months just to know if Minoxidil is working for you. "Maximum results" takes much much longer. A lot longer. 12 to 18 months or even longer.