+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Bioregenerative Sciences

I'm not sure what to make of this:

http://finance.bnet.com/bnet/news/read?GUID=18244555

Apparently Bioregenerative Sciences, a San Diego, CA based company is launching a new topical hair growth product that uses stem cells. The article claims the product has shown efficacy in clinical trials, but their website has no testimonials or before and after pictures. Also, it looks like the product is intended for women, but the article mentions it works on both men and women. A separate product for men will be launched in 3Q 2011.

This one seemed to come out of nowhere. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Lol...now every company is thinking of fooling people and making big bucks providing a fake hair loss cure!!

Well i still keep my fingers crossed! hope this one or any other legit product comes out this year!!

Yeah just like how every scam company now says they block DHT. I'd be cautious

I'm not ready to denounce this one as a scam. I'm not saying its legit either, but who knows? The company's principals seem to have solid scientific credentials, and the article mentions clinical trials (presumably in the US?). Also, the company sells other products, and they don't seem to be set up like the typical hair loss scams.

On the other hand, there really isn't much information, and the hair growth product, HSI has a strikingly similar name to the one under development by Histogen.

I recently sent an email to this company, they responded today. Please see below and what they attached for me. Thanks

Is there any more information about this product? Trials/results?

Thanks!

Chris,

Sorry for the late reply. My supervisor was going to supply me with specifics regarding clinic trials plus some before and after pictures but instead this information will be posted online within the week. Please keep checking our website as we are constantly updating out pages with more products and product information.

HSC for women is topical. It is an aqueous formulation and will dry just as if you placed water on your scalp. You do not rinse off; just apply and let dry and style your hair any way you want including rewetting it. We do not recommend using a hair dryer AFTER application for extended times. A treatment is 2 x 15 ml bottles and should last about six to eight weeks. This is a complete treatment that will show initial results. Treatment will need to be continued thereafter.

Our current product is formulated for women. By late May or early June we will have sizes and pricing available online for our product specifically designed for men. The women's formula is safe for men, but we are still in the final stages of testing the men's product.

In the meanwhile I've supplied some attachments for your review. If you have any further questions, please contact my email or phone.

Thank you,
    Cheryl

Cheryl Ward, CPhT, RMA

has anyone tried this yet? Is it a scam? looks like a bottle of sophisticated snake oil hair tonic bald-be-gone if u ask me.

I saw some rubbish like this coming out of an Austrian lab, claimed they used WNT10 proteins to stimulate the natural healing process, also claimed clinical trials... all a load of rubbish if you ask me, Histogen are a legit company that are genuinely creating a bio-engineerd solution to hair loss, these scammers are just leeching off their every word/process n style.

Thinning@30 - u said it best on a different thread - about the ECM/Matrix/ WNT/stem cell lingo being in the collective conscious of the balding community, we've all upgraded to adopt this sophisticated language n understanding of the biology behind hair loss, and these scammers merely play into that psychology, a lot of people will fall for this thinking it is an early Histogen release.

From the Bioregenerative Sciences website. The italics are mine:

For the millions of men and women who struggle with their hair loss, the results of our HSC trial indicate the potential for a highly effective treatment option that stimulates growth of new hairs along with increasing the thickness of existing hairs, doing so with increased natural pigmentation of the hair.
    The phrase "indicate the potential" suggests to me that this product is something hypothetical that hasn't yet demonstrated efficacy in vivo. I am eagerly awaiting the promised pictures and the details of the trial that is mentioned in Hairhell's email. Also, we have to bear in mind that there are clinical trials to demonstrate safety and then there are clinical trials to demonstrate efficacy. Remember the Hairmax Lasercomb? The Hairmax Lasercomb people made all sorts of claims about their product being FDA-approved, but the FDA approval was for safety not efficacy.

On the Bioregenerative Sciences website a single bottle is $150 USD, and Hairhell's email seems to indicate that a treatment is two 15 ml bottles and this will show initial results. 15 ml is not much, so it looks like this would be something that is applied once every few weeks rather than daily like minoxidil. The website's return policy states that unused portions of the product must be returned within 30 days of original invoice date--not sure if 30 days would be enough time to see results.

Default Hair Stemulating Complex

Been looking into this formula. Not sure when they added them but there are now pictures of the product "working" these could of course just be some pictures of a patient responding to Propecia for all we know. However, i am extremely interested in the product and can not rule it out as a hoax just yet. It seems like the product release just started getting coverage last month. Thus, it seems believable that there is no real info on the product. I called the company both phones went to voice mail maybe they closed early on Friday? I know this company probably has not developed the HSC as throughly as Histogen has or will, however at this time i just want something to help. I am a diffuse thinner across the top of the scalp and i believe even a weak stem cell solution in combination with my FIN could really do wonders. I have had a massive shed of telogen hairs from minox use and now would be the perfect time to hit them with a product like this that both increases hair diameter (most prevalent on the new anagen hairs that will hopefully grow...) and grows new follicles. Please as people gain info on this product post it ASAP.

Also if you wanted to run a briefly profitable scam like most of the hair loss scams would you really only release a product for women first?

Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Also if you wanted to run a briefly profitable scam like most of the hair loss scams would you really only release a product for women first?
    and after one treatment{one bottle}they claim you will see some results.so if you take a run at it it will only cost you 150.