+ Reply to Thread

Default Has anyone had a transplant between the ages of 21-24 and regret it?

Im only 21, but i can tell where the hair loss paterns is going to stop, would it be a good idea to get a hair transplant at this age?

Thanks guys

You might know where it's going to stop but is the thinning really bad all over that area or is it worst at the hairline and temples ? You can start with those areas first since most people are more concerned about the front than they're about the top and back. But you need to know that a transplant can cause a shock to the existing hair in/around the area that's being transplanted, which means you might end up losing more hair in that area and there's a chance it might not grow back.

Before you jump into HTs, have you tried minoxidil or propecia ? I'd give them a try first. Don't be too worried about the Fin side effects. I've been using it since late 90's and I don't have any but I know some people do.

Also, not that I have too much hope but we might actually have some kind of a real or better treatment for hair loss in a couple of years or so, though I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    You might know where it's going to stop but is the thinning really bad all over that area or is it worst at the hairline and temples ? You can start with those areas first since most people are more concerned about the front than they're about the top and back. But you need to know that a transplant can cause a shock to the existing hair in/around the area that's being transplanted, which means you might end up losing more hair in that area and there's a chance it might not grow back.

Before you jump into HTs, have you tried minoxidil or propecia ? I'd give them a try first. Don't be too worried about the Fin side effects. I've been using it since late 90's and I don't have any but I know some people do.

Also, not that I have too much hope but we might actually have some kind of a real or better treatment for hair loss in a couple of years or so, though I'm not holding my breath.

hey victim thank you for the response
    Yes i am currently on propecia for about 4 months. And the thinning is bad through out not just the hairline and front

i suspect those with low donor and high norwood scale will regret whereas those with high donor with mild hair loss won't lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sebasmarin View Post
    hey victim thank you for the response
    Yes i am currently on propecia for about 4 months. And the thinning is bad through out not just the hairline and front
    You're welcome.
    If you've only been on Fin for 4 months then I'd say wait a few more months and then see if it's doing anything. You can also increase the dose. If you're taking it 3 times a week you can try 4 or 5 times a week -assuming that you're cutting each pill into four 1/4s, and that you don't experience any side effects.

I'd also use Minoxidil 5%. It might not be the best thing to use on hair (the greasy feeling and itchiness it can cause to some) but it does help some. It's worked for me but dont expect miracles. It can slow down hair loss or even halt it. If you're very lucky it might grow some hair.

IMO, HTs should be considered as a last resort as long as you're not completely bald in whatever part of the head you're trying to treat. HTs ARE an expensive committment because once you do the front for example, chances are you're going to end up doing the rest of the head as hair loss progresses and Fin/minox dont work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    i suspect those with low donor and high norwood scale will regret whereas those with high donor with mild hair loss won't lol.
    True. Those with big balding area and small donor area are better off not getting an HT. It WONT do much.