+ Reply to Thread

Default Emory Hair Transplant / Dr. Ken Anderson

Anybody here had hair transplant done by Dr. Ken Anderson at the Emory Facial Center in Atlanta? He seems like a genuinely knowledgeable and skilled surgeon but I would like to get feedback from people who've had the procedure done by him.

I would only use Dr. Griffin or Dr. Cole they are the only IAHRS recommended in GA. I go to Dr. Griffins office for my meds. Super nice staff and Dr. Griffin has been in this business for a long time. Take your time and do your research. Here is the IAHRS link for GA doctors and good luck. http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/georgia/

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

All the doctors mentioned above are known to get very good results for their patients. Keep in mind that there are some highly skilled hair restoration physicians that are not members of the IAHRS. Speak with all of them and often you will get a gut feeling about which doctor to choose.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Default Yes, I have had a transplant with Dr. Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by mbatcha View Post
    Anybody here had hair transplant done by Dr. Ken Anderson at the Emory Facial Center in Atlanta? He seems like a genuinely knowledgeable and skilled surgeon but I would like to get feedback from people who've had the procedure done by him.

I had a procedure with Dr. Anderson in 2009. It was a 2000 graft operation. I love my results. He is very gifted and knows what he's doing. Great price and great treatment! I recommend him!

Default Dr. Ken Anderson Review Posted

I got an FUT procedure done with Dr. Ken Anderson at the Marietta Facial Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics Center in Atlanta, GA and have posted a review of my experience:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6052

Hope this is helpful.

Excellent experience. However, like I mentioned in the post there, I have one outstanding complaint regarding his service that I hope he rectifies soon.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Ken Anderson, MD, FISHRS, ABHRS's Avatar

Hello,

I'm a bit new on the forums, and I'm currently the only IAHRS recommended physician in the State of Georgia. I agree with Dr. Charles' comments below that there are doctors who are not recommended by the IAHRS, but it's a great place to start to look for a provider that you feel comfortable with. There really is no "standard" way of performing a hair restoration, and you can learn quite a bit about what sort of experience you're going to have by meeting personally with your physician of choice. There are hundreds of subtleties and nuances to this complex procedure that involves not just a surgeon but an entire team of surgical technicians, and you'll likely get a feel of whether or not your choice of surgeon is aware of these when you speak with him or her. Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions, or ask the doctor for his resume so you can see what sort of training that person does or, perhaps more importantly, does not have.

Bottom line is that meeting personally with your surgeon of choice is critical to get a sense for whether or not he or she is the one for you. I offer virtual consultations to patients from out of town; I firmly believe in meeting with each and every patient to consider their hair, hair loss, goals for restoration, etc. If you are able to meet with the doctor at your consultation appointment, and you're told you'll meet them on the day of your procedure, that would be a big red flag for me if I were looking for this service, and I might consider looking elsewhere. The main thing to look for is a long history of dedication to, and documented success in, the field of hair restoration surgery. A surgeon who recently acquired a fancy machine to perform hair restoration is not suddenly an expert in the field; no device at all can guarantee good or even acceptable results.
    Ken Anderson, MD, FISHRS, ABHRS
    Founder, Director, and Chief of Surgery, Anderson Center for Hair
    Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
    Board Certified, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
    Board Certified, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
    Board Certified, American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    Fellow, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
    Founder and President, American Academy of Hair Restoration Surgery

+1 (404) 256-4247

www.AtlantaHairSurgeon.com
    View my IAHRS Profile